Obama's Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thoughts?

Mine: He certainly tried to address the issues his polling numbers are falling in. He used, "condemn" referring to Iran. Interestingly enough, Khameni came out immediately and said they would 5 more days for contesting the elections. Gee, who would have thought?

He tried to address the health care issue, once again saying, 'Nothing to fear...' He actually was called out by the press about what happens when employers dump, then he started stuttering. Then he got a bit hot.

Stimulus, well walking back from any more. Those numbers are now 90-10 against.

2. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    THe first question was what line would he be unwilling to cross to talk to Iran....

More mumbling and references to a "pathway" to Iran, and how important it is to respect their customs and their religion.

Well their customs include rigging elections, murderous coups and firing on their own people when they protest. Yay for the customs of Iran.

Obama's a piece of shit. I'd hoped he'd pull through, but he's not going to, all he's doing is making us the laughing stock of the world, and screwing over people who should be able to count on our support.

3. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I continue to be amused at how easily Obama gets flustered and then angry - he puts off this attitude of, "I don't really have to explain myself to you..."

The press corp was marginally more demanding of Obama today - hopefully more demand will come in the not too distant future.

It is obvious Obama was caving to the Republicans demands of a tougher stance - demands that were also being mirrored in recent polling. That being said, hopefully word will get to the Iranians that the American President is finally voicing support for them and they continue to fight to overthrow that oppressive regime.

And so, we have a president not acting on principle - but rather simple politics.

More of the same...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    Obama and his" Wait to see how it plays out" is a show of being naive. Once it's played out, then it's too late. What the F--k? There is more to not stepping up and at least say that he is hearing the people of Iran and he stands behind them for their objective of a recount. I think he is looking at the poll numbers, and the chance to deal with Ackmadinajad on a "road to peace". Seems he needs to calculate everything for his popularity, not what's right. I still say he isn't ready for primetime....but right now the left are on board with him...so what in the hell do I know?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  5. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,533
    President Obama answered, to a question about a public plan choice for healthcare, "Why would it drive private insurance out of business?" he asked rhetorically, pointing out that the industry repeatedly argues that private insurance is the best and the government can't run anything.
    He said the administration's position is a "public plan makes sense."

6. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    Why should businesses still pay for healthcare if the government is going to pay for it? The businesses will just drop it completely, leaving the employee with no alternative but universal healthcare. Then there is no competition, and you get what you get from the government.

7. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    You're going to have a miserable 8 years...

Educate yourself on OUR customs towards countries whose resources we covet, like Iran...can you say ignore their customs and religion, threaten, subversion and murder?

8. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,533
    That quote by John Kenneth Gallbraith is one of my favorites .. still true.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    So's this by Milton Friedman:

That is real liberalism.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well this is harsh. Undeserved? Lots of links...

Jules Crittenden » Disgust-Blogging The Press Conference