Obama's New Spending Bill Has 9,000 Earmarks

Or that the Dems aren't by their insistance that the only "compromise" is complete acceptance of the bill.

Which is what Obama was doing when he was telling everyone to just forget what is actually in the bill and push it through, and work out the details "later".

The democrats idea of "working together" and "compromise" was, have a session behind closed doors to form a bill exclusive to their wants with not one republican in attendance, and then offer no time for debate and ram the bill down the throats of all of America before anyone can even READ IT. What a bunch of great people... :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
And this brings me back to the point "somones always going to be upset" YOur either going to have a happy Democratic party and a pissed of Rebublican one or vise versa. I dont agree with the bill, and you do. We can both agree to disagree.

If you study history, you'll learn that the Republicans have been acting this way since the country was founded. I don't know if they were called Republicans or Federalists, but John Adams tried to work with Jefferson and Jefferson stabbed him in the back. It broke Adam's heart, but later in life, after they both retired, they became friends again.

I think it is just in the GOP's nature to cry, even when things are good.

I remember the Reagan era. I'm sure a small percentage of Americans thought Reagan was bad, but at the time, he had the respect of all Americans.

I don't remember the Dems going after Bush Sr very hard. Do you?

But I do remember how the GOP treated Jimmy Carter and Clinton very badly.

It's almost like the Dems are at a disadvantage.

But the way I see it, who do you want to vote for? Do you want to vote for the party that created the mess we are in, or do you want to vote for the party that has a hard time fixing the mess the GOP created?

People in my state can't stand Jennifer Granholm. They say she hasn't done enough. And at this point, I agree. But what can/could she do when the GOP controlled the entire government and ruined the American car manufacturing industry?

They treated Clinton bad because he was to worried about getting sucked off and not doing anything for this country. And you act as if Democrats are so honest. Im sure there have been plenty of times when they havent done the best they could have.

And hasnt John Adams been dead for like.....YEARS. [/COLOR]

They treated Clinton bad because he was to worried about getting sucked off and not doing anything for this country. And you act as if Democrats are so honest. Im sure there have been plenty of times when they havent done the best they could have.

And hasnt John Adams been dead for like.....YEARS. [/COLOR]

honey, no offense but you were 12 when he left office and FOUR when he was elected. you don't have a clue. Clinton was a very good president. ... far better than the moron who inhabited the white house for the last 8 years. I think you need to go learn actual history and not Rush Limbaugh and friends' revisionist history.

and they "treated Clinton bad[ly]" because they were wingnuts who had an agenda, thought that daddy bush should have won re-election and couldn't stand that a redneck washington outsider who wasn't 10th generation wealth got into office.

same people are losing their minds again now.

Haha. You have no idea what i was or wasnt paying attention to when i was 12. I just think he was worried about other things more than he was our country.
And of course you think he was wonderful. He was Democratic.

I would take the Clinton economy in a red hot second over what the Rs created for us.

Peace , properity , lower deficits and adored by the world instead of hated.

I really wish the Rs didnt think someones private blow job was more important than peace and prosperity.

Haha. You have no idea what i was or wasnt paying attention to when i was 12. I just think he was worried about other things more than he was our country.

Actually, if you asked, I'd tell you I think Nixon would have gone down as one of our greatest presidents if he hadn't been a paranoid loony and gotten caught. Unfortunately, you've been trained to parrot what you hear. I'd suggest that you actually read what people say before you make the mistake of deciding what they believe. I think Clinton was a good president because he was smart, engaged, the world was prosperous, we had a surplus and he was thoughtful in his decision-making process (notwithstanding his personal indiscretions, which I care not a whit about).

I know (hope) you didn't know what a blowjob was at 12. And I suspect you certainly didn't at 10 when the loonies impeached him for a blue dress.

Personally, his affair didn't bother me any more than Daddy Bush's did.

What??? You don't know about Daddy Bush's girlfriend???

And the proof would be in the pudding.

He had better numbers all arround.

Bush is a dismal failure and now you hate the party who gave us the best economy in decades?

Actually, if you asked, I'd tell you I think Nixon would have gone down as one of our greatest presidents if he hadn't been a paranoid loony and gotten caught. Unfortunately, you've been trained to parrot what you hear.

I know (hope) you didn't know what a blowjob was at 12. And I suspect you certainly didn't at 10 when the loonies impeached him for a blue dress.

Personally, his affair didn't bother me any more than Daddy Bush's did.

What??? You don't know about Daddy Bush's girlfriend???

you'd be surprised how inquisitive a 10 year old can be. i had to discuss this with my son, who was 10 at the time. not a lot of fun, i can assure you.
thanks, bill.

you'd be surprised how inquisitive a 10 year old can be. i had to discuss this with my son, who was 10 at the time. not a lot of fun, i can assure you.
thanks, bill.

thank the people who wanted it in the press... not Bill. They never wrote about Daddy Bush's indiscretions. Or Kennedy's. Or Eisenhower's. Or Roosevelt's....

Or you could take it up with Lucianne Goldberg or Linda Tripp who violated the confidence of a young girl who thought she was her friend.

The questions never should have been asked in the first place.

And yes, I'd have been very angry if my son was old enough to ask those questions then.... but again, my anger wouldn't be at the indiscretions. He wasn't the first nor the last.

thanks, bill.

thank the people who wanted it in the press... not Bill. They never wrote about Daddy Bush's indiscretions. Or Kennedy's. Or Eisenhower's. Or Roosevelt's....

Or you could take it up with Lucianne Goldberg or Linda Tripp who violated the confidence of a young girl who thought she was her friend.

And yes, I'd have been very angry if my son was old enough to ask those questions then.... but again, my anger wouldn't be at the indiscretions. He wasn't the first nor the last.

no, i'll lay it at bill's feet. if he hadn't done it, there'd be nothing to report.
just because everybody else did it, doesn't make it right.

i'm kinda funny that way.

I would take the Clinton economy in a red hot second over what the Rs created for us.

Peace , properity , lower deficits and adored by the world instead of hated.

I really wish the Rs didnt think someones private blow job was more important than peace and prosperity.

Oh I think it is obvious to all of them that Bush was horrible and Clinton was at least good. In fact, he did a lot for the right that I don't approve of. But he probably had to in order to get anything done. Give and take.

Now watching Obama do his thing, I am really excited about what he might accomplish. Did you hear he is going to try to cut his deficit by 2013? And he is also going to try to put the banks back in check. No he won't go as far as we want him to by doing away with the Federal Reserve, but that might not be possible unless more Americans wake up to the fact that it is the problem with our country. The government should be doing what the Federal Reserve does, not private bankers. I think that is more obvious today than ever before.

And we see, not even a month into office these right wingers are bashing Obama and second guessing him? Do we need to go back to 2003, 04, 05 & 06 to show how much pork the GOP spent?

Why weren't they this critical with Bush and Tom Delay? If they would have stopped playing politics, the GOP wouldn't have been able to ruin the country. Why did they wait until now to worry about Freddy/Fanny/Outsourcing/Illegals/Manufacturing jobs?

It seems like now the right wingers get it. But that's only because NOW they are going to put the blame on the Dems.

The GOP knew that no matter what horrible things they did, they had enough Republicans in Congress to stop impeachment. So literally GW got away with a lot of crimes in the last 8 years. The first 6 years were the best for him because the dems were in the minority. Not to mention the press helped the GOP cover up their wrongdoings by not reporting the way they did with Clinton. As if one blowjob and lie about a blowjob is equal to lying us into a war, outting a cia agent, politicizing every branch of government, torture, taking habius corpus away, etc.

Bush should have been impeached 20 times, let alone once. Chaney too. Yet everytime they got busted, we saw the right wingers come to their defense.

thanks, bill.

no, i'll lay it at bill's feet. if he hadn't done it, there'd be nothing to report.

yeah, but people have affairs. that's life. and while i think he should have kept his pants shut, I certainly don't think it warranted a minute's thought.

yeah, but people have affairs. that's life. and while i think he should have kept his pants shut, I certainly don't think it warranted a minute's thought.

as you said, we were in different circumstances at the time. i would have gladly foregone the whole experience, believe me.:cool:

House Democrats propose $410B spending bill - Yahoo! Finance

House Democrats propose $410B spending bill
House bill to keep govt. running totals $410 billion, features thousands of pet projects

* David Espo, AP Special Correspondent
* Tuesday February 24, 2009, 8:50 am EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Democrats unveiled a $410 billion spending bill on Monday to keep the government running through the end of the fiscal year, setting up the second political struggle over federal funds in less than a month with Republicans.

The measure includes thousands of earmarks, the pet projects favored by lawmakers but often criticized by the public in opinion polls. There was no official total of the bill's earmarks, which accounted for at least $3.8 billion.

When you let the thieves hold your wallet this is what happens....
We have...brainless voters...apathy in media....and thieves in control of Congress and White House...

Ah...for those Bush years....6+years of a wonderful economy with record low unemployment rates....(rates even better than Clinton)
I miss the 'good old days'.....

Again. Your not seeing my point. But its kind of hard to explain it to someone who isnt willing to listen.

ALL I was commenting on is the fact that its ridiculous to say "get over it, and work togeather" when no matter what your going to always have someone that doesnt agree.

Im just sick of these democratic people thinking its okay to make hard working people pay for other peoples bill. ITS NOT MY JOB. NOR DO I OWE IT TO ANYONE.

I understand what you're saying. I think you're missing what I'm saying (or maybe we're talking at cross-points). But I'm kind of funny, I think most things can be worked out with compromise IF the parties operate in good faith.

So I guess what I'm saying is the Repubs aren't acting in good faith, right down to the congress members who voted against the bill but are going back to their constituents and bragging about the beneficial provisions they got put in for their own districts.

"If the parties act in good faith." kinda like when the democrats were acting in good faith under the Bush administration??? It's politics, OK? This is what is going on in todays politics. I really don't hear republican congressmen bragging about the beneficial provisions..in fact, a lot of them are not accepting the money right now. Because...they can't afford it!!!

thanks, bill.

Accusations and innuendo do not PROVE indiscretions

...and don't you dare clean that blue dress Monica...if you do, they will only call you a liar and forget about the whole thing.....
BEST ADVICE SHE EVER GOT

Thats lawyers for you...asking questions...but then you should not lie under oath either

a

Forum List

Back