Obama's New Spending Bill Has 9,000 Earmarks

YOu say that I only go with my party. YOu dont know me. And if you did know me you would know thats not true. So if you are in fact as smart as you seem, dont go assuming you know things about me.

I agree with many thing the Democratic party is for.

Its to bad though, that it cant be that way with Democrats, its either your way...or no way... theres no in between for you.

And this brings me back to the point "somones always going to be upset" YOur either going to have a happy Democratic party and a pissed of Rebublican one or vise versa. I dont agree with the bill, and you do. We can both agree to disagree.

If you study history, you'll learn that the Republicans have been acting this way since the country was founded. I don't know if they were called Republicans or Federalists, but John Adams tried to work with Jefferson and Jefferson stabbed him in the back. It broke Adam's heart, but later in life, after they both retired, they became friends again.

I think it is just in the GOP's nature to cry, even when things are good.

I remember the Reagan era. I'm sure a small percentage of Americans thought Reagan was bad, but at the time, he had the respect of all Americans.

I don't remember the Dems going after Bush Sr very hard. Do you?

But I do remember how the GOP treated Jimmy Carter and Clinton very badly.

It's almost like the Dems are at a disadvantage.

But the way I see it, who do you want to vote for? Do you want to vote for the party that created the mess we are in, or do you want to vote for the party that has a hard time fixing the mess the GOP created?

People in my state can't stand Jennifer Granholm. They say she hasn't done enough. And at this point, I agree. But what can/could she do when the GOP controlled the entire government and ruined the American car manufacturing industry?

The Dems have been at a disadvantage for a very long time because they no longer represent an agenda that the majority of Americans will tolerate. So they lie about it.

Jimmy Carter and Clinton deserved to be treated badly because they behaved badly, in some cases illegally (as in breaking the law. Some people don't understand that for something to be illegal a law has to be broken, hence the idiotic whining about the "illegal" war) and particularly in Carter's case, actively against the best interests of the US.

Clinton was more willing to do things with Republicans which he could later take credit for, but for the most part he was a money-grubbing schill whose primary focus was on how to advance himself monetarily and in public opinion. His behavior was reprehensible, illegal and unforgiveable.

I don't know what Carter's motivation is but at least he appeared to have some respect for the office and though misguided, had an agenda he thought was (is) honorable. He's wrong, of course, and decimated our military, our security, our economy and our morale, but at least he didn't do it in return for money.

Bush Sr. didn't get nailed to the wall because he was universally respected on both sides of the aisle in Congress, as was Dole, and did a creditable job as president.

If you don't know the history of Republicans, as you admit, you probably should do a little research before making sweeping criticisms of the party and stating they've "always" done anything.

Forum List

Back