Obama's New Spending Bill Has 9,000 Earmarks

Gee... I wonder if hussein brought this up during his "fiscal summit?" Or if he happened to mention the 200 new government agencies his spending orgy created?

Why the liberals won't acknowledge the absolutely astonishing hypocrisy and lies of obama is beyond me. It's almost as though he has them under some kind of weird mind control.

Last edited:
I heard that Obama is going to cut the annual deficit he is creating by half. By the end of his first term.............

Why doesn't that reassure me? Oh yeah--more deficits!! Yearly deficits. Apparently, we are going to need to empower a third party or face insolvency!!!

Of COUSE they're earmarks.

They are funding thousands of projects.

How else could they do it?

but they aren't earmarks in the sense that they are pet projects without any purpose.... like bridges to no where.

They are spending projects... that's the whole point of the stimulus bill.

(and yes, I know that *you* know that).

Key words and utter stupidity.

Man am I sick of the bullshit spewed by the right.

The good thing is the American public is too and the Rs are losing this battle of word play.

The public sees right through this latest republican attempt at pretending to be the Fiscal party.

People who have ballooned the deficit for decades dont have any legs to stand on once people view the facts.

A couple quotes from the article:

President Barack Obama should prepare to carve out a lot of free time and keep the coffee hot this week as Congress prepares to unveil a $410 billion omnibus spending bill that's riddled with thousands of earmarks, despite his calls for restraint and efforts on Capitol Hill to curtail the practice.

The bill will contain about 9,000 earmarks totaling $5 billion, congressional officials say.

So earmarks represent a little more than 1% of the spending bill.

Several experts believe that dramatically reducing the number of earmarks, while a laudable goal, is almost impossible. But others contend that earmarks aren't that big of a problem.

"Earmarks get more attention than they deserve," said MacGuineas. "The problem is that they cause a loss of confidence in the whole budget process."

I agree with this. We need to get rid of earmarks entirely, but with our current crop of political leaders, that's going to take time. Fortunately, earmarks are in the ~1% range.

Like Obama said yesterday. The media talk is mostly focusing on the 10% of the bill that apparently the right does not approve of.

This is just politics. I'm done discussing the economic stimulus bill. It is good, Obama is great and we need to all work together.

We don't have time for politics.

Well, we do, but the politicians don't.

Know who is a cock sucker? Bobbi Jindal. Is that the best the GOP has to offer?

It is going to be a good 8 years then.

but they aren't earmarks in the sense that they are pet projects without any purpose.... like bridges to no where.

They are spending projects... that's the whole point of the stimulus bill.

(and yes, I know that *you* know that).

yeah, i was wondering how we'd gotten by without a $55MM "mob museum" in las vegas.

i'm sure this bill is larded up with as much pork as the market would bear.

i don't doubt that there are a lot of worthy projects in the bill, but please don't try to tell me there are no "bridge to nowhere" type projects in it.

that dog won't hunt.

an earmark by any other name...

Sorry but it is hunting with the American people.

Its called shovel ready projects that create and save jobs.

You guys are losing the battel of bullshit words.

People dont care about the minutia they want the jobs and spending that this bill creates.

Like Obama said yesterday. The media talk is mostly focusing on the 10% of the bill that apparently the right does not approve of.

This is just politics. I'm done discussing the economic stimulus bill. It is good, Obama is great and we need to all work together.

We don't have time for politics.

Well, we do, but the politicians don't.

Know who is a cock sucker? Bobbi Jindal. Is that the best the GOP has to offer?

It is going to be a good 8 years then.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All Hail Obama!

View attachment $HailObama.bmp

yeah, i was wondering how we'd gotten by without a $55MM "mob museum" in las vegas.

i don't doubt that there are a lot of worthy projects in the bill, but please don't try to tell me there are no "bridge to nowhere" type projects in it.

that dog won't hunt.

Did the mob museum get into the final version? I think I recall obama not being thrilled with the concept.

FWIW, the POINT of the mob museum, no matter how the right wants to paint it, was to rejuvenate downtown Las Vegas.

http://vegasblog.latimes.com/vegas/2009/01/the-mob-museum.html

I kinda think that's the point of the stimulus bill. I know how that thought rankles. Oh no!! Business might improve with govenment's help!!!

oh no,.... the sky is falling... the sky is falling.

that dog won't hunt.

Did the mob museum get into the final version?

FWIW, the POINT of the mob museum, no matter how the right wants to paint it, was to rejuvenate downtown Las Vegas.

I kinda think that's the point of the stimulus bill. I know how that thought rankles. Oh no!! Business might improve with govenment's help!!!

oh no,.... the sky is falling... the sky is falling.

i have no problem with business improving with govt's help.

i am getting a little tired of being told that everything that obama touches or proposes is as pristine as a vestal virgin. he's just another politician, no more and no less, with all that implies. some good, some bad, some in-between. any spending bill that comes out of congress, no matter who controls the congress, is going to contain its share of pork, earmarks, call it what you will.
dem pork is no better nor worse than repub pork, but please don't tell me it's not pork.

i'm sure the bridge to nowhere would have created jobs and rejuvenated downtown north bumfuck, AK just like i'm sure people will travel far and wide to look at bugsy siegel's skivvies in a converted "historically significant" post office in las vegas.

no need to go into hyperdrive about it.

Its easy for you to say lets get over the bill, move on and work togeather. You have a President you like running our country. For those of us who feel we should have to pay our own bills, it ticks us off a tad bit. No matter what your always going to have unhappy people, so its not fair to say "get over it" because for the next 4 to 8 years, i have to listen to someone i dont trust, nor do i believe in.

And just to get past the argueing. I know for 8 years you had to listen to Bush, but hes gone and no longer the President, so that plays no factor in this.

Forum List

Back