Obama's lie: If you like your health-care plan, you can keep your health-care plan

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
My renewal came for my policy for myself, my wife and two daughters and the rate went from $410 a year to $1,066 a month. Why? Obama lied. I had insurance, Obama said I could keep my plan. I like my plan. I have catastrophic insurance. It comes with a $10,000 deductible, then pays pretty much everything. I've never hit the limit, so I've never gotten a dime. What I want:

1) Health "insurance" not health "care." If there's an actual big thing, like cancer or an automobile accident, then I want insurance for that. If one of those happen to my family, the $10K deductible will be the least thing I'm worried about.

2) The fee caps. Our healthcare industry is idiotic where if you're paying a doctor directly, you pay like 3 times as much. I want my policy to limit what they can charge, then I pay it.

Let's do the math. Even though I'm covered and pay my bills politicians in Washington DC don't like my policy. My quote is $650 a month more. That's $7,800 a year more in certain cost to save me from a worst case $10,000. Thanks for making this more affordable, Obama.

So, here's my plan. I am going to get another catastrophic policy, working on it now. So I will be paying for both a policy and the fine for not having a policy approved by politicians because it's still cheaper than getting a policy approved by politicians. Anyone remember the Democrats mentioning that when they sold us this bill of goods?

BTW, as of now, it's not clear the fine will be enforced, at least in the beginning. You should never lie on a tax form, but it's not clear what the IRS can or will do if you simply leave it blank and don't pay it. I'm going to figure paying it in my budget though.

Sucks to be you, man. But democrats and their sycophants won. Dont forget that.

The liberals I know are upset. Generally their policy rates went down slightly, but their deductibles and co-pays skyrocketed.

I am laughing to myself. Remember how the whole thing was liberals bemoaning how what they cared about were the uninsured? And when it comes and they are going to pay more, they show their real motivation all along was themselves.

nothing changed with mine. from what I have read, I am one of the lucky ones..

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
obama was right when he said you can keep your insurance, but left out the details of what price.

Well, that's not even the case for many Americans either. Many companies, such as UPS are dropping working spouses from their workers coverage when the spouse is able to get insurance through their own employer since it's not mandated that spouses be covered in the ACA. So if a wife is covered under her husband's plan, along with their children, but she works and has insurance available to her thru her own employer, she can be dropped from her husband's plan. Doesn't matter that it might be more expensive to get it where she works, doesn't matter that the coverage may not be near as good, doesn't matter if her current doctors aren't covered with her employer's plan, she now has to go under different insurance than everyone else in her family. I am covered under my husband's plan, but I work for a major corporation and waive the health insurance, therefore I get a refund monthly because I don't get the insurance thru my work. So, I would lose that refund, lose my health insurance, and potentially pay more for a worse plan should my husband's company opt to do what UPS is doing. And I think that this is only the tip of the ice berg. I know that my own company charges a $125 a month surcharge to cover a spouse that has insurance available thru their own employer. The days of families all having the same insurance and plan are apparently over.

obama was right when he said you can keep your insurance, but left out the details of what price.

Yeah, I got the joke. But nope. My brother's individual catastrophic policy was cancelled. He will now be forced onto the exchanges where his premium and likely his deductible will increase because now his insurance has to cover maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental). My brother is 55, single, no kids. Where is the left screaming about the unfairness of that? :eusa_shhh:

So much misinfo- Who says your rate went up because of O-CARE- COULD EASILY JUST BE YOUR TIME- costs doubled just under W...

RELAX AND SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, HATER DUPES- DEMS DIDN'T DO THIS TO BECOME UNPOPULAR- damn shift key- and everything you've been told is bs...

So much misinfo- Who says your rate went up because of O-CARE- COULD EASILY JUST BE YOUR TIME- costs doubled just under W...

RELAX AND SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS, HATER DUPES- DEMS DIDN'T DO THIS TO BECOME UNPOPULAR- damn shift key- and everything you've been told is bs...

I explained why my rates went up in the op. It's not that long, even a liberal can read it.

For benchmark though, the prior year my rates went up from $360 to $410. A hefty percent, but nothing like Obama did when he made my insurance "affordable." Thanks...

Hey Genius....tell me...

How can premiums go down if pre existing conditions clauses are eliminated, the age group of 23-26 can now stay on moms policy....

and....

the penalty for not having insurance is infinitely less than the cost of a policy and one can simply purchase a policy when one finds they have a medical condition?

So?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I explained why my rates went up in the op. It's not that long, even a liberal can read it.

For benchmark though, the prior year my rates went up from $360 to $410. A hefty percent, but nothing like Obama did when he made my insurance "affordable." Thanks...

The government told you what your new rates would be?

lol

Yeah, I got the joke. But nope. My brother's individual catastrophic policy was cancelled. He will now be forced onto the exchanges where his premium and likely his deductible will increase because now his insurance has to cover maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental). My brother is 55, single, no kids. Where is the left screaming about the unfairness of that? :eusa_shhh:

I've been voicing my opposition to the mandatory obamacare for a long time. I bet the whole thing would have been a lot better if the expanded the Medicaid/Medicare program and made it voluntary and contributory.

I also don't think the the mandatory or pay a tax penalty was the right thing to do when we are having an economy that is struggling to recover. Imagine people who are struggling and living "paycheck to paycheck" now having to pay and extra $300 or $400 per month on a MANDATORY basis. I don't know how the "subsidy" works, I don't know if they get it in the form of a refund, or if it's an upfront subsidy.

Hey Genius....tell me...

How can premiums go down if pre existing conditions clauses are eliminated, the age group of 23-26 can now stay on moms policy....

and....

the penalty for not having insurance is infinitely less than the cost of a policy and one can simply purchase a policy when one finds they have a medical condition?

So?

Because 40 million uninsured will be paying something, have a doctor and preventive care, and the myriad cost savings of O-care THAT YOU HAVEN'T HEARD a thing about, hater dupe. Change the channel and read something...

lol

In the op, I said "let's do the math." I didn't say, "let's do meth." Sorry for the confusion. Here's a tip though, don't post when you're stoned.

lol

In the op, I said "let's do the math." I didn't say, "let's do meth." Sorry for the confusion. Here's a tip though, don't post when you're stoned.

Your OP says you were paying 400 and something per year. lol, and you're going to teach us math?

My renewal came for my policy for myself, my wife and two daughters and the rate went from $410 a year to $1,066 a month. Why? Obama lied. I had insurance, Obama said I could keep my plan. I like my plan. I have catastrophic insurance. It comes with a $10,000 deductible, then pays pretty much everything. I've never hit the limit, so I've never gotten a dime. What I want:

1) Health "insurance" not health "care." If there's an actual big thing, like cancer or an automobile accident, then I want insurance for that. If one of those happen to my family, the $10K deductible will be the least thing I'm worried about.

2) The fee caps. Our healthcare industry is idiotic where if you're paying a doctor directly, you pay like 3 times as much. I want my policy to limit what they can charge, then I pay it.

Let's do the math. Even though I'm covered and pay my bills politicians in Washington DC don't like my policy. My quote is $650 a month more. That's $7,800 a year more in certain cost to save me from a worst case $10,000. Thanks for making this more affordable, Obama.

So, here's my plan. I am going to get another catastrophic policy, working on it now. So I will be paying for both a policy and the fine for not having a policy approved by politicians because it's still cheaper than getting a policy approved by politicians. Anyone remember the Democrats mentioning that when they sold us this bill of goods?

BTW, as of now, it's not clear the fine will be enforced, at least in the beginning. You should never lie on a tax form, but it's not clear what the IRS can or will do if you simply leave it blank and don't pay it. I'm going to figure paying it in my budget though.

Link it.

My plan stayed the same.

You need to be sure your current plan isn't eligible to be grandfathered in.

That's the basic idea behind this crap - bankrupt the whole thing so the "government" can finally take it away from insurance companies and give us that wonderful "single-payer crap" that works so damned well in Canada, England, France etc.

My policy has gone up $1,535 so far this year. I have no doubt whatsoever that it will go up by at LEAST that amount next year. I have low deductibles and very little out-of-pocket expense.

This ACA Bullsh$t is nothing more than a catastrophic policy with deductibles so HIGH, that you would be a complete fool to ever head to the hospital....good for 20 somethings, but for anyone over the age of 40 - useless.

Forum List

Back