Obama's final nails in the American coffin Jan 1st 2013

Correct, hence the fiscal cliff... We were downgraded not because of the hold up on the debt ceiling but because even with the hold up a crap budget was still passed... Do you understand yet?

It's really basic stuff... Try not spinning it for a second.

A budget was passed? When?

Good question since we have not had a budget since obama took office.

But that couldn't have anything to do with why we got downgraded, more than once... No, it was all because "tea baggers!!!"

Sorry, not a budget... Spending occurred.

In the end it's amazing to watch people defend Obama as if he really just wanted to raise taxes on the very group of people he gave tens of billions of dollars to in his stimulus, the rich. Obama and Dems not agreeing to re-pass the Bush era tax cuts over the rich retaining their tax rate was holding the country "hostage" just as much as it was for Republicans.

The rich paying more would cover no meaningful amount of the deficit, like none... Yet Obama/Dems felt it was important enough to downgrade us over it only to cave in moments before.

Obama lied when he said he would cut the deficit in half back in 2007 and he is lying today when he claims he will cut the deficit. Just… like… Republicans are lying about it.

Quit trying to deflect, this entire cliff situation was the direct result of the new teabagger congress thinking that they could run roughshod over the entire budget process, a process that usually occurred quietly because even in the best of years it involved a lot of good faith negotiation and compromise between the parties and both houses. Republicans have turned it into a very public and ideologically bound quagmire doomed to failure year after year. We got downgraded because we are not able to vote for water when our collective asses are on fire, not because of some idea that Obama is big spender which he is definitely not.

Or it was a direct resualt of Obama and Dems not doing anything but spending far more than Bush did when they needed to spend less, as Obama AND dems ran off doing.
That's not right either, Spending directly attributed to Obama's programs are pretty light compared with stuff that has continued on from previous administrations, you know that, and as republicans now hold the purse strings I would like you to explain how Obama is getting all this spending that gets blamed on him all the time.

Quit trying to deflect, this entire cliff situation was the direct result of the new teabagger congress thinking that they could run roughshod over the entire budget process, a process that usually occurred quietly because even in the best of years it involved a lot of good faith negotiation and compromise between the parties and both houses. Republicans have turned it into a very public and ideologically bound quagmire doomed to failure year after year. We got downgraded because we are not able to vote for water when our collective asses are on fire, not because of some idea that Obama is big spender which he is definitely not.

Or it was a direct resualt of Obama and Dems not doing anything but spending far more than Bush did when they needed to spend less, as Obama AND dems ran off doing.
That's not right either, Spending directly attributed to Obama's programs are pretty light compared with stuff that has continued on from previous administrations, you know that, and as republicans now hold the purse strings I would like you to explain how Obama is getting all this spending that gets blamed on him all the time.

"Light" that happens to equal a lot fucking more than Bush.

And like Omfgz man, like like... Dems had the Senate and house back in 2006 under Bush.... I guess all that spending was DEMS FAULAT!!!! and No, Reps don't hold the purse strings, Dems have the Senate and the President, the Reps have the fucking house you moron.

Dems only had power in the Senate/House and President for 2 years yet they couldn't get any amount of spending under control or pass a budget.

Do you even hear yourself? There are 2 sides to the problem but for whatever reason you try and put all or by far most of the blame on Reps as if Obama couldn’t veto and Harry Reid the democratic SENATE majority leader for DEMOCRATS can’t do anything either.

No…. it’s all the fault of “insert bigoted label here” fault!

Obama could have been a great President, instead he is one of the worst.

And like Omfgz man, like like... Dems had the Senate and house back in 2006 under Bush.... I guess all that spending was DEMS FAULAT!!!! and No, Reps don't hold the purse strings, Dems have the Senate and the President, the Reps have the fucking house you moron.

Dems only had power in the Senate/House and President for 2 years yet they couldn't get any amount of spending under control or pass a budget.

Do you even hear yourself? There are 2 sides to the problem but for whatever reason you try and put all or by far most of the blame on Reps as if Obama couldn’t veto and Harry Reid the democratic SENATE majority leader for DEMOCRATS can’t do anything either.

No need for such childish name calling, nothing that Obama has done has made nearly as big a splash on the deficit as two wars, tax cuts for the wealthy, two rounds of stimulus, TARP and medicare part D, there are no figures you can point to that indicate that Obama has spent more on credit than Bush.

10% tax rate jumps to 15%

25% tax rate jumps to 28%

28% tax rate jumps to 31%

33% tax rate jumps to 36%

35% tax rate jumps to 39.6%

55 billion cut from domestic programs

55 billion cut from defense programs

Social Security payroll tax goes from 4.2% to 6.2%

Estate tax top rate jumps from 35% to 55%

Capital gains top rate jumps from 15% to 20%

Dividends will be taxed at regular income tax rates

Child tax credit is cut by 50% to 500.00

Marriage penalty tax returns

Alternative minimum tax hits many more

Extended UE benefits expire

Medicare payments to Dr's to be cut by 30%

All kick in at midnight December 31st. This is a disaster in the making. Some economists have speculated that this will kill growth by 1%. Since we're barely growing at 1% now this may very well stall the economy completely and send us spiraling back.

What was it that Cantor said, again? Oh yeah. He said that the Republicans got 98% of what they wanted in that negotiation.

No need for such childish name calling, nothing that Obama has done has made nearly as big a splash on the deficit as two wars, tax cuts for the wealthy, two rounds of stimulus, TARP and medicare part D, there are no figures you can point to that indicate that Obama has spent more on credit than Bush.

Obama has Obamacare, something that has near tripled in cost and is still unfunded as of today. Obama had a BIG hand in TARP. Obama has a 800 billion dollar stimulus. Obama expanded Afghanistan. Obama started a war in Libya, helped start a war in Egypt, Syria and now we are on a verge of war with Iran... All areas that have required more MONEY/troops than Bush had during his massive “war presidency”. Difference is Obama uses the UN as cover.

I know your argument, that Obama GREW spending a lesser rate than Bush, but it’s still vastly more spending than Bush. So, would you like to keep going?

I'm not defending Bush for him being a big spending, big government progressive liberal but you defned Obama for all of the same things.

Obama has Obamacare, something that has near tripled in cost and is still unfunded as of today. Obama had a BIG hand in TARP. Obama has a 800 billion dollar stimulus. Obama expanded Afghanistan. Obama started a war in Libya, helped start a war in Egypt, Syria and now we are on a verge of war with Iran... All areas that have required more MONEY/troops than Bush had during his massive “war presidency”. Difference is Obama uses the UN as cover.

I know your argument, that Obama GREW spending a lesser rate than Bush, but it’s still vastly more spending than Bush. So, would you like to keep going?

I'm not defending Bush for him being a big spending, big government progressive liberal but you defned Obama for all of the same things.

This is just getting more insane by the second. Those things you mentioned are not even close to the cost of the Bush spending that is being hung around Obama's neck everyday, your claim that Obama is spending more than Bush is just not correct, Obama was not the reason we were downgraded and at the moment we do not have a spending problem that congress has not always had it within their power and responsibility to deal with. I am glad that this fiscal cliff is looming, maybe this time congress will see the hazards of playing politics with our nation's finances, but I would not count on it as long as they can shift the blame as well as the responsibility to one guy who can only sign whatever garbage lands on his desk or doesn't in this case.

Read an interesting op-ed in the Grand Rapids Press yesterday by Thomas Sowell. As he's a syndicated columnist, it has probably appeared in other papers too, or might soon. The piece was titled, Hail to the phony in chief, and here's an example.

For those unaware of Sowell, he's an economist, political philosopher, author of dozens of books on economics and a variety of other topics, and he's currently a senior fellow at the Hoover Institute at Stanford University. He is also black and a conservative, so he is routinely described as a house ******, Uncle Tom, etc. by some members of the black community.

In his op-ed column Sowell brings us back to the speech that Barry made before a predominately black audience while campaigning back on June 5, 2007 at Hampton University. Specifically, that part of the speech that a couple of weeks ago was revealed on a video tape that surfaced wherein, to quote Dim Senator Harry Reid, Obama is using his convenient Negro dialect.

In the video Barry talks to his black audience about something known as the Stafford Act and comparisons between its use, or lack thereof, in New York after 9/11, Florida after hurricane Andrew, and New Orleans after Katrina.

The Stafford Act requires communities that receive federal disaster relief, money, to contribute 10% as much as whatever amount the feds kicked in. For graduates of our fine public school systems, that means, for example, if the feds gave $1,000.00 then the local community would have to come up with their 10% share, or $100.00.

While Barry be in full Negro dialect mode that day, he claimed the federal government did not show the same concern for the people of New Orleans post Katrina as they had shown to the folks in New York and Florida, post 9/11 and Andrew respectively. His "proof" was that the 10% Stafford Act requirement was waived for New York and Florida because those folks were considered to be "part of the American family." But
when it came to the Katrina devastation he implied the Act had not been waived because when it came to the New Orleans predominately black population, "they don't care about as much."

Sowell went on to point out one overt lie in Barry's words and one, in my opinion, rather sinister secret too. On May 24, 2007, two weeks before Barry be speaking at Hampton, the U.S. Senate voted 80-14 to in fact waive the Staffard Act requirement for the (black) people of New Orleans. Sowell even provides a road map so folks can check it out for themselves, the official Congressional Record of May 24,2007, page S6823. Oh, and one other little tidbit of information contained in the Record. Fourteen Senators voted NOT to waive the Stafford Act fo da black folk of N'awlins...An one of those voting against it was then Senator Barack Hussein Obama!!! Get that? Barry himself was one of those who don't care about black folks as much. I wonder why he didn't tell that to his fellow blacks that day at Hampton University?

Anyway, my advice to Barry is to keep stirring that racial and class division right on up to election day. It seems to be doing well in the polls these days.

This is just getting more insane by the second. Those things you mentioned are not even close to the cost of the Bush spending that is being hung around Obama's neck everyday, your claim that Obama is spending more than Bush is just not correct, Obama was not the reason we were downgraded and at the moment we do not have a spending problem that congress has not always had it within their power and responsibility to deal with. I am glad that this fiscal cliff is looming, maybe this time congress will see the hazards of playing politics with our nation's finances, but I would not count on it as long as they can shift the blame as well as the responsibility to one guy who can only sign whatever garbage lands on his desk or doesn't in this case.

1: IS SPENDING UNDERA OBAMA GRATER THAN IT WAS UNDER BUSH OR NOT?

2: COULD OBAMA HAVE NOT ENDED THE IRAQ WAR, THE AFGHANISTAN WAR IN HIS FIRST WEEK IN OFFICE OR NOT?

3: WHERE DID 800 BILLION DOLLARS FOR OBAMA’S STIMULUS COME FROM?

4: WHERE WILL OBAMA GET THE FUNDS FOR OBAMACARE NOW THAT HE CAN’T STEAL IT FROM MEDICARE?

5: ARE THE WARS IN EYGYPT, SYIRA, PAKISTAN and the ESCALTAION OF AFGHANISTA as well as a POSSIBLE WAR WITH IRAN FREE OR DUE TO BUSH SOMEHOW?

6: WAS TARP BOTH OBAMA AND BUSH OR JUST BUSH?

7: IF TARP WAS ALL BUSH DOES BUSH GET CREDIT FOR “SAVING GM” AND ALL THE JOBS “SAVED” TAKEN FROM OBAMA’S CRDITED POOL AND ADDED TO BUSH’S POOL OF JOBS CREATED OR SAVED?

8: ONE MORE TIME. IS SPENDING UNDER OBAMA GRATER OR LESER THAN FEDERAL SPENDING UNDER BUSH?

2: COULD OBAMA HAVE NOT ENDED THE IRAQ WAR, THE AFGHANISTAN WAR IN HIS FIRST WEEK IN OFFICE OR NOT?

4: WHERE WILL OBAMA GET THE FUNDS FOR OBAMACARE NOW THAT HE CAN’T STEAL IT FROM MEDICARE?

5: ARE THE WARS IN EYGYPT, SYIRA, PAKISTAN and the ESCALTAION OF AFGHANISTA as well as a POSSIBLE WAR WITH IRAN FREE OR DUE TO BUSH SOMEHOW?

7: IF TARP WAS ALL BUSH DOES BUSH GET CREDIT FOR “SAVING GM” AND ALL THE JOBS “SAVED” TAKEN FROM OBAMA’S CRDITED POOL AND ADDED TO BUSH’S POOL OF JOBS CREATED OR SAVED?

8: ONE MORE TIME. IS SPENDING UNDER OBAMA GRATER OR LESER THAN FEDERAL SPENDING UNDER BUSH?

I would answer but I am deaf from your capslock shouting, do you think it makes you smarter to yell?

It gets so old talking to liberals who push the "Bush/Reps did it too!" card. I don't care if Bush did it too, I'm pointing out that THEY don't care that Obama is doing the same fucking things as Bush only at expanded levels. MORE spending, MORE war, MORE lies. I don't care if Obama's spenig grew at a smaller pace than Bush's, it's VASTLY MORE spending on the very programs and policies Liberals claimed made Bush the worst most dumb President in US history.

I would answer but I am deaf from your capslock shouting, do you think it makes you smarter to yell?

I didn't yell... You have proven to be blind on a partisan level so I figured you needed a bigger font.

I'm not looking forward to you BSing your way though my questions either, as you have done this entire thread.

I didn't yell... You have proven to be blind on a partisan level so I figured you needed a bigger font.

I'm not looking forward to you BSing your way though my questions either, as you have done this entire thread.

Not going to try as Obama is not the reason for the fiscal cliff except possibly as the one the republican house wants you and the other dupes to blame for it. This mess is entirely the doings of the freshman teapublicans trying to make a name for themselves in 2011, your tangent was an attempt to blame the downgrade in the aftermath on Obama and that is not the case, what are you trying to say that is on topic exactly? Not going to argue off-topic on Obama when you know very well where the problem at hand arose, where the supercommittee deal was made, who made the deal, and who expressed satisfaction with it afterwards. Congress done this to us, not the president, if you cannot discuss the topic without clouding it with your derangement syndrome then go find a general Obama bashing thread and go crazy.

10% tax rate jumps to 15%

25% tax rate jumps to 28%

28% tax rate jumps to 31%

33% tax rate jumps to 36%

35% tax rate jumps to 39.6%

55 billion cut from domestic programs

55 billion cut from defense programs

Social Security payroll tax goes from 4.2% to 6.2%

Estate tax top rate jumps from 35% to 55%

Capital gains top rate jumps from 15% to 20%

Dividends will be taxed at regular income tax rates

Child tax credit is cut by 50% to 500.00

Marriage penalty tax returns

Alternative minimum tax hits many more

Extended UE benefits expire

Medicare payments to Dr's to be cut by 30%

All kick in at midnight December 31st. This is a disaster in the making. Some economists have speculated that this will kill growth by 1%. Since we're barely growing at 1% now this may very well stall the economy completely and send us spiraling back.

how did Obama manage this with his no voting ability?

Occupied is just that, hense the reason he can't think for himself. Yes it was ALL the Republican "tea baggers" fault. Maybe all them Americans shouldn't have votted them in office to try and balance the budget, like Dems did when they rode the wave of "we will stop Bush from spending" back in 2006, and Obama did in 2008...

If we continue to let the rich not pay taxes via loopholes then the debt soars. This taxes everyone with inflation & kills jobs. We need to cut spending & tax loopholes to cut the debt. Government debt/borrowing sucks up all the capital that could have been lent to small business to create jobs. It is retarded to let people making $100 million like Romney only pay 13% tax exploding the debt while the rest of us pay more.

Actually, when the tax rates go up, the Pubs will be able to cut taxes on the nonrich, let the higher rates on the rich stand, without breaking the Fuehrer Norquist's oath. Works great, relax and stop scaring the markets, a-hole Pubs and silly dupes.

Read an interesting op-ed in the Grand Rapids Press yesterday by Thomas Sowell. As he's a syndicated columnist, it has probably appeared in other papers too, or might soon. The piece was titled, Hail to the phony in chief, and here's an example.

For those unaware of Sowell, he's an economist, political philosopher, author of dozens of books on economics and a variety of other topics, and he's currently a senior fellow at the Hoover Institute at Stanford University. He is also black and a conservative, so he is routinely described as a house ******, Uncle Tom, etc. by some members of the black community.

In his op-ed column Sowell brings us back to the speech that Barry made before a predominately black audience while campaigning back on June 5, 2007 at Hampton University. Specifically, that part of the speech that a couple of weeks ago was revealed on a video tape that surfaced wherein, to quote Dim Senator Harry Reid, Obama is using his convenient Negro dialect.

In the video Barry talks to his black audience about something known as the Stafford Act and comparisons between its use, or lack thereof, in New York after 9/11, Florida after hurricane Andrew, and New Orleans after Katrina.

The Stafford Act requires communities that receive federal disaster relief, money, to contribute 10% as much as whatever amount the feds kicked in. For graduates of our fine public school systems, that means, for example, if the feds gave $1,000.00 then the local community would have to come up with their 10% share, or $100.00.

While Barry be in full Negro dialect mode that day, he claimed the federal government did not show the same concern for the people of New Orleans post Katrina as they had shown to the folks in New York and Florida, post 9/11 and Andrew respectively. His "proof" was that the 10% Stafford Act requirement was waived for New York and Florida because those folks were considered to be "part of the American family." But
when it came to the Katrina devastation he implied the Act had not been waived because when it came to the New Orleans predominately black population, "they don't care about as much."

Sowell went on to point out one overt lie in Barry's words and one, in my opinion, rather sinister secret too. On May 24, 2007, two weeks before Barry be speaking at Hampton, the U.S. Senate voted 80-14 to in fact waive the Staffard Act requirement for the (black) people of New Orleans. Sowell even provides a road map so folks can check it out for themselves, the official Congressional Record of May 24,2007, page S6823. Oh, and one other little tidbit of information contained in the Record. Fourteen Senators voted NOT to waive the Stafford Act fo da black folk of N'awlins...An one of those voting against it was then Senator Barack Hussein Obama!!! Get that? Barry himself was one of those who don't care about black folks as much. I wonder why he didn't tell that to his fellow blacks that day at Hampton University?

Anyway, my advice to Barry is to keep stirring that racial and class division right on up to election day. It seems to be doing well in the polls these days.
Tom Sowell is a lying right wing hack. Like the professional liar he is he leaves out that there were 2, TWO, Supplemental Funding bills waiving the Stafford Act, that's right there was no straight bill waiving the Stafford Act it was attached to a Supplemental Spending bill. One that included increased funding for Bush's war that Obama voted against, and one that didn't that Obama voted FOR. Obama was actually one of the biggest supporters of waiving the Stafford Act, just not the one with the GOP poison pill.

But your post is a perfect example of the very professional way the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood lies to the less informed among us.
Thank you.

Forum List

Back