Obama's coalition is starting to crumble.

The UN says it does. That may not sit well with you but that is, frankly, un-fucking-lucky. It's a UN Resolution... and the action is backed by the UN. Stop whining.

Where does the UN say, that the US-French-UK jets currently bombing Libya represent an UN coalition?

China, Russia and India already have said, that the attacks must stop immediately.

What goes around, comes around. If not today, then tomorrow.
Warmongers.

So, let me get this straight... Gadaffi slaughters hundreds of his own citizens, and that's fine. We implement a no fly zone to stop Gadaffi from slaughtering more, and we're the warmongers? Is that right? Not one civilian has been killed since we started bitchslapping Gadaffi.

So, let me get this straight... Gadaffi slaughters hundreds of his own citizens, and that's fine. We implement a no fly zone to stop Gadaffi from slaughtering more, and we're the warmongers? Is that right? Not one civilian has been killed since we started bitchslapping Gadaffi.

Those Citizens capture Aircraft and shoot that Aircraft down with missiles in error.
That's not the kind of civilian who lives next to my house.

They even capture Tanks. Those are militias once they touch weapons.

It's like the USA giving Aircover to Taliban against the Afghan government.

The UN says it does. That may not sit well with you but that is, frankly, un-fucking-lucky. It's a UN Resolution... and the action is backed by the UN. Stop whining.

Where does the UN say, that the US-French-UK jets currently bombing Libya represent an UN coalition?

China, Russia and India already have said, that the attacks must stop immediately.

The UN authorized a 'no fly' zone. How the fuck do you think you implement a 'no fly' zone? China, Russian and India are playing politics. Get the hell over it. You want the civilian population helped? This is how you do that. Perhaps you would prefer that we sit back and allow Gadaffi to carry on slaughtering women and children?

Those Citizens capture Aircraft and shoot that Aircraft down with missiles in error.
That's not the kind of civilian who lives next to my house.

They even capture Tanks. Those are militias once they touch weapons.

It's like the USA giving Aircover to Taliban against the Afghan government.

They're not military... they're citizens who want their country back from a tyrant.

Why would you hate defending what was right no matter where it came from.

Do you like defending people who continually try to destroy that which you hold precious?

Most people don't.

Some of us try to do what's right regardless. Doesn't mean what's right is easy or we like doing it when the time comes.

At least someone here gets this concept, amid all the partisan hackery. VERY well stated!

The UN authorized a 'no fly' zone. How the fuck do you think you implement a 'no fly' zone? China, Russian and India are playing politics. Get the hell over it. You want the civilian population helped? This is how you do that. Perhaps you would prefer that we sit back and allow Gadaffi to carry on slaughtering women and children?

Yeah, Humanist Intervention :eusa_liar:
C'èst vraie !

Last edited:

That's precisely what we did when the Iranians slaughtered their citizens.

So what are they gonna do about it?

We don't even know who these so called rebels really are other than what our sad news tells us. I'm just not buying this humanitarian dig. Too many corollaries can be drawn to the opposition of such an argument.

Resolution 1973 says the US-French and UK planes attacking Libya represent a UN coalition.

China and Russia both could have stopped this from happening with a Security Council Veto. They Both chose to abstain Knowing full well that meant a green light.

Now they are simply playing to their home audiences and trying to look like they are standing up to us when in fact they allowed us to do it.

So what are they gonna do about it?

Ghaddafi has invited China, Germany, Malta and Turkey to observe the peace-fire he has offered.
Seems Best solution, better then bombing Libya like it is happening now.

France....taking the lead.....laughing convulsively.

Libya shares a border with four French-speaking countries strategic to France: Tunisia, Algeria, Chad and Niger. France's Total Oil Company controls an important Libyan oil field for importation to France. The country also has a decent Air Force. What's to laugh at? They have a lot to lose.

Libya shares a border with four French-speaking countries strategic to France: Tunisia, Algeria, Chad and Niger. France's Total Oil Company controls an important Libyan oil field for importation to France. The country also has a decent Air Force. What's to laugh at? They have a lot to lose.

We're using our money and military to protect France. Don't you find a little irony here ?

We don't even know who these so called rebels really are other than what our sad news tells us. I'm just not buying this humanitarian dig. Too many corollaries can be drawn to the opposition of such an argument.

First question I have? WHO are the Rebels in Libya? Are they freedom fighters? Folks who want Democracy? Capitalism? Are the Muslims? Mixed?

And Libya does have the largest known Oil fields on the Afican Continent...

We're using our money and military to protect France. Don't you find a little irony here ?

Please respect FT.com's ts&cs and copyright policy which allow you to: share links; copy content for personal use; & redistribute limited extracts. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights or use this link to reference the article - FT.com / Middle East & North Africa - Rift over command of Libya campaign

“There are major tensions between the US-UK and the French,” said a western official, who added that Nato countries had been working for weeks to have the alliance assume effective command of the mission. “As we got closer and closer to closing the deal at Nato, France suddenly blocked everything, which confused us at first … But then it became clear – [French president Nicolas] Sarkozy wanted to announce strikes just as he was walking out of his meeting in Paris where he was leading the show
-------------------------------------------

Sarkozy-show.

I'd hardly say the Coalition is startng to crumble. The coalition isn't nato itself. It's roughly the UK, France, and Germany I think (Cant remember if the Germans are involved).

I still have mixed feelings about this conflict. But I support the troops. I think this will be the first stage of a change of international relations for decades to come. I'm just not sure if it's going to be good for us or not.

Germany isn't involved, and doesn't want to get involved (it wanted to stay neutral in the Iraq war also, opting instead to train Iraqis rather than send in soldiers). Thus far, the coalition backing the Libya operations are United States, Britain, France, Italy, Canada, Qatar, and United Arab Emirates, with Saudi Arabia and Jordan prepared to assist with air support as well.

First question I have? WHO are the Rebels in Libya? Are they freedom fighters? Folks who want Democracy? Capitalism? Are the Muslims? Mixed?

A couple of friends of mine who work in oil contracting in Libya have told me that they're pretty unsavory characters. But I really have no idea of their ambitions. You've got equally reprehensible factions ready to fill a vacuum. It ain't gonna be pleasant.

Forum List

Back