Obama's budget is a nervous breakdown on paper

Seriously? Can you really be that dense?

Look at the chart again. On the top it says "Consumer Price Index". On the vertical access it says "Continuously compounded annual rate of change".

How does that make me dense? Do you know the difference between compounded rate of change and rate of change?

The dense part is your inability to comprehend that in both cases it is still the rate of change.

You are the one that keeps trying to use the CPI to talk about inflation while ignoring the fact that the Fed strips out food and fuel prices when it charts inflation, then you can't answer a simple question about the difference between continuously compounded rate of change and rate of change.

How does that make me dense? Do you know the difference between compounded rate of change and rate of change?

The dense part is your inability to comprehend that in both cases it is still the rate of change.

You are the one that keeps trying to use the CPI to talk about inflation while ignoring the fact that the Fed strips out food and fuel prices when it charts inflation

Again, you are an idiot -- CPI does include food and energy, unlike the core inflation. Fed does not chart inflation -- I do, using CPI, or core inflation or both:

fredgraph.png

Forum List

Back