Obama's Approval Rating Sinks Back into the 30's

Rasmussen has the President at 49% approval.

When Rasmussen has poor numbers for Obama the left claims it's a biased right wing poll not to be taken serious so why cite them now? I'm not disputing their numbers simply wondering why the left takes them serious now but not when the numbers are going the other way.

I don't take them seriously. My often stated position is that the average of the major polls is the best number.

Nobody on the right on this board posts Rasmussen anymore.

What a loser

-Geaux

Approve 39%
Disapprove 55%

Presidential Job Approval Center

Does it matter? The people's view of a president is often so bizarre it's amazing. If the economy is doing well, the people love the president, if he goes to illegal war, they love the guy.

If they think he's not doing his job properly, when they don't actually understand his powers or his job, then they don't like him.

I remember when Obama got elected and everyone was full of hope around the world, they asked me what I thought would happen, I said, "not much, he can't do much", and what happened? Not much.

Congressional job approval 11% approve 79.8 disapprove

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Congressional Job Approval

That makes 39% look absolutely great.

YEAH, but....

Has Congress ever promised Hope and Change?
Has Congress ever promised to stop the rise of the oceans?
Has Congress ever broke promises like the President?
Has Congress lied about keeping health insurance and doctor?
Has Congress gone around the world apologizing for America?

Have you forgotten that "Congress" includes both Republican and Democrats?

The votes are there to recall his sick asss. I'm all for throwing Obama out of office due to his complete lack of competence. What a public disgrace on the world stage.

-Geaux

Approval of Obama, Both Parties in Congress, Slide Across the Board; Near Majority Would Support Recalling Congress and the President

Among those indicating in our poll that they would recall the president if they could include:

A majority (52%) of voters under the age 25, compared to 40 percent between 25 and 29;
19 percent of those who voted for him in 2012;
19 percent of Democrats, 82 percent of Republicans and 51 percent of Independent voters; and
58 percent of young Whites, 35 percent of Hispanics and 21 percent of Blacks.

OBAMA JOB APPROVAL AT LOW POINT, APPROVAL OF BOTH PARTIES IN CONGRESS ALSO DECLINES

During the time that our survey was being conducted, most national polls reported that President Obama’s approval rating was between 37 and 40 percent, and less than a quarter believed our nation was headed in the right direction. In our survey, which focuses exclusively on young Americans between the ages of 18 and 29, these Millennials were only slightly more likely to view President Obama favorably than the general population as a whole.

Forty-one percent (41%) of 18- to 29- year olds indicated that they approved of his performance as president, while 54 percent indicated that they disapproved. This is the lowest approval rating we have reported since the beginning of his presidency (December 2011 was 46%) and a drop of 11 percentage points since our last survey was released in April 2013.

A majority of both major age cohorts, 18- to 24- year olds (39% approve, 56% disapprove) and 25- to 29- year olds (43% approve, 53% disapprove), disapprove of the president’s job performance, and his ratings in every subgroup are significantly lower than they were in the Spring of 2013. For example, his approval rating among college students is down 11 percentage points to 39 percent, young male voters slipped 9 percentage points to 41 percent approval and this rating is now statistically tied with young female voters, whose approval of the president dropped 15 points to 40 percent.

Young white voters’ approval dropped by 10 points to 28 percent, Hispanics decreased by 18 points (53% approval) -- and approval among young Black voters slipped 9 percentage points, but was still strong at 75 percent.

The 11-point drop in the president’s approval rating brings him closer in line with Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Slightly more than two-in-five (41%) young Americans under 30 approve of the way President Obama is handling his job, while 35 percent feel the same about Democrats in Congress (down from 40% in the Spring) and 19 percent feel the same about the Republicans in Congress (down from 27%).

Approval of Obama, Both Parties in Congress, Slide Across the Board; Near Majority Would Support Recalling Congress and the President | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

Last edited:
The 11-point drop in the president’s approval rating brings him closer in line with Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Slightly more than two-in-five (41%) young Americans under 30 approve of the way President Obama is handling his job, while 35 percent feel the same about Democrats in Congress (down from 40% in the Spring) and 19 percent feel the same about the Republicans in Congress (down from 27%).

Approval of Obama, Both Parties in Congress, Slide Across the Board; Near Majority Would Support Recalling Congress and the President | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

So that quote states that Democrats in Congress have a 35% approval rating with young voters while Republicans in Congress have only 19% approval rating?

And Republicans are quoting that as proof that America hates Obama?

As unpopular as Obama and the Democrats are, they are still nearly twice as popular as Republicans. Yeah, you're doing a great job, GOP.

So that quote states that Democrats in Congress have a 35% approval rating with young voters while Republicans in Congress have only 19% approval rating?

As unpopular as Obama and the Democrats are, they are still nearly twice as popular as Republicans. Yeah, you're doing a great job, GOP.

Meh, good thing I'm not republican or I would have address your premise. :D

-Geaux

-Geaux
Of course you're not a Republican. You're a Libertarian, right? Because there's a major Libertarian party, isn't there? Or maybe you're a member of the Teabagger Party? Because the Teabagger Party isn't Republican at all, right?

The point is that America in general thinks that the right sucks twice as much as the left.

Rasmussen has the President at 49% approval.

When Rasmussen has poor numbers for Obama the left claims it's a biased right wing poll not to be taken serious so why cite them now? I'm not disputing their numbers simply wondering why the left takes them serious now but not when the numbers are going the other way.

I don't take them seriously. My often stated position is that the average of the major polls is the best number.

Nobody on the right on this board posts Rasmussen anymore.

So do you feel the Real Clear Politics number of 42 percent approval is reasonable as they use the method you described?

Take out the black vote and he's probably about 35%. That means 35% of the people in this country are utter idiots.
And they all post on these boards.

The race card finally got here, a bit slower than usual. You're slipping, inmates.

That's not a "race card", moron. That's simply fact. Blacks still support Obama upwards of 90%, which is amazing since they are far worse off than before he got into office.

Bottom line: Obama "Bill Clinton'd" us.!! He looked straight at the camera and LIED. Over and over again.

It's funny how the Conservatives say that blaming Bush isn't an option but they immediately blame Clinton. It's like they think that the Bush presidency never even happened.

https://www.google.com/search?q=al-janabi+lied&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

How is that post blaming Bill Clinton?

-Geaux
These partisans ARE a hoot, aren't they?

Take out the black vote and he's probably about 35%. That means 35% of the people in this country are utter idiots.
And they all post on these boards.

Yes that is exactly what the republican party has been trying to do for decades

Supreme Court denies RNC bid to end voter fraud consent decree

January 14, 2013|By David G. Savage

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has refused to lift a 30-year consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its efforts to end fraudulent voting.

The justices without comment turned down an appeal from RNC lawyers who said the decree has become “antiquated” and is “increasingly used as political weapon” by Democrats during national campaigns

Forum List

Back