Obama's Approval Rating Higher Than Reagans? Who Knew?

I think it's pretty funny how some folks try to manufactor a higher level of dissatisfaction than what truly exists by pretending that their hope has already come true. They like to pretend that Obama had sky-high approval ratings that have now dropped below the cellar. When you look at the actual data, you see that Obama's approval rating has been very consistent. His highest approval rating was the third lowest high water mark of any president since Truman and his lowest approval rating is the second highest low water mark since Truman.

His comparatively short time in office so far probably has a lot to do with this - but hootin' and hollarin' about the daily ups and downs says far more about the hooter than it does about any of the data.

Actually, I'm talking about the loony's I used to have to take there because they, unfortunately, had gotten involved with crystal meth. But I don't have to tell you what crystal does to a person, do I?

BTW...you know what you would have called me when you were...ahem...in the Army?
No, you don't have to tell me what that garbage does to a person. I have a nephew that just got out of prison for crimes directly related to that garbage.
What would I have called you when I was in the Army?
Well, if you were an officer, I would have called you SIR!:lol:

Close. You would have called me Ma'am.
So, when did you serve, where may have you served, what was your MOS, etc.?
I was Primary 11b infantry, secondary 05b commo radio operator. Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinder, Ranger qualified. Medically ETS'd, E-6 staff.
Thanks for your service. I don't bash my fellow vets service. For doing so is the ultimate sign of an idiot. And also, I HATE FRIGGIN' POSERS!

No, you don't have to tell me what that garbage does to a person. I have a nephew that just got out of prison for crimes directly related to that garbage.
What would I have called you when I was in the Army?
Well, if you were an officer, I would have called you SIR!:lol:

I was Primary 11b infantry, secondary 05b commo radio operator. Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinder, Ranger qualified. Medically ETS'd, E-6 staff.
Thanks for your service. I don't bash my fellow vets service. For doing so is the ultimate sign of an idiot. And also, I HATE FRIGGIN' POSERS!

Naval Officers don't have MOS's. I was a Naval Aviator (actually a Black Shoe for my first 3 years)..got my commission thru OCS in Newport, RI. Stationed in NAS Kingsville, accepted to flt trng my second try, AI in Pensacola, VT-27, VT-31 in Corpus Christi flying T-28s and T-44s...wings in 1982, VXE-6 in Antarctica (I'm an Old Antarctice Explorer)...medically grounded...AOinC and OinC of a Maint Trng Cmd at NAS Miramar...after 10 years, went reserve...various commands in CA with ASW Tactical Support Centers. Retired in 99 as a CDR (O-5).

Naval Officers don't have MOS's. I was a Naval Aviator (actually a Black Shoe for my first 3 years)..got my commission thru OCS in Newport, RI. Stationed in NAS Kingsville, accepted to flt trng my second try, AI in Pensacola, VT-27, VT-31 in Corpus Christi flying T-28s and T-44s...wings in 1982, VXE-6 in Antarctica (I'm an Old Antarctice Explorer)...medically grounded...AOinC and OinC of a Maint Trng Cmd at NAS Miramar...after 10 years, went reserve...various commands in CA with ASW Tactical Support Centers. Retired in 99 as a CDR (O-5).
Right on swabbie!...Although I will never agree with your lifestyle, I applaud :clap2: your service. My father was a naval aviator also. Flew Sabers over Korea, Phantoms over vietnam in the early stages. He was killed in a car accident when I was 4 years old. He was estranged from us at the time due to marital problems with my mother. I don't know much about his service other than what I stated. Another poster from the MSNBC board turned me onto a site for former USS Hornet personell. I was able to contact a fellow pilot that knew him well. We're meeting next month in San Diego. I hope to find out a lot more info on his service.
Like I said, I can never agree with your with your lifestyle. And those rainbows attached on our great states flag is way out of bounds. Just too "in your face". Desicrating a flag to make a political statement is just plain wrong. But, I will humbly extend an olive branch from this point forward, and lay off the anti-gay rhetoric. I hope you'll accept it. If not, I fully understand. I respect your service. You're OK in my book. Besides, it takes a lot of guts to fly mach 5 with your hair on fire!..Can't help but respect that!
Besides, swabbie aviators saved our butts at one point. they put on a firepower show i'll never forget!..It was absolutely beautiful.

I have no doubt that the Empire will strike back in 2010, but they have set themselves up as the white Southern Party.

I don't think they are going to go far.
If the "Goldwater-style" Republicans start to take over...we could see a much different GOP and maybe even a much different America in the next couple decades.

If the Goldwater Republicans got back control, people like me would find the RNC much more appealing.

MHO is that it comes down to leaders and statesmen and people Americans are proud to have representing them. There is a vacuum at the top of the GOP right now - there is no one for them to rally around, no matter WHAT their exact political philosophies or leanings are.

I have no doubt that the Empire will strike back in 2010, but they have set themselves up as the white Southern Party.

If the "Goldwater-style" Republicans start to take over...we could see a much different GOP and maybe even a much different America in the next couple decades.

If the Goldwater Republicans got back control, people like me would find the RNC much more appealing.
It'll happen...trust me.

Peter Schiff trying to unseat Dodd, Rand Paul hoping to replace Bunning, Adam Kokesh running NM (I don't know who is in that district), and hopefully John Hostettler entering are good starts, whether or not they win.

And of course, a hopeful Gary Johnson Presidential campaign.

It'll happen...trust me.

Peter Schiff trying to unseat Dodd, Rand Paul hoping to replace Bunning, Adam Kokesh running NM (I don't know who is in that district), and hopefully John Hostettler entering are good starts, whether or not they win.

They aren't goldwater republicans. They're randians... big difference.

It'll happen...trust me.

They do agree with a number of Goldwater's views, though. And many have likened them to Goldwater or have called them "Goldwater like."

Last edited:
It'll happen...trust me.

They do agree with a number of Goldwater's views, though.

It's the parts on which they don't that would make me vote for almost anyone else against any of them.

They do agree with a number of Goldwater's views, though.

It's the parts on which they don't that would make me vote for almost anyone else against any of them.
Hmm. I think it's abortion that Rand, Ron, and (possibly) Peter disagree with Barry on. Gary's more pro-choice.

They're tolerant of gays and aren't so hung-up on the issue.

Trust me, they aren't social issues fundies.

Right on swabbie!...Although I will never agree with your lifestyle, I applaud :clap2: your service. My father was a naval aviator also. Flew Sabers over Korea, Phantoms over vietnam in the early stages. He was killed in a car accident when I was 4 years old. He was estranged from us at the time due to marital problems with my mother. I don't know much about his service other than what I stated. Another poster from the MSNBC board turned me onto a site for former USS Hornet personell. I was able to contact a fellow pilot that knew him well. We're meeting next month in San Diego. I hope to find out a lot more info on his service.
Like I said, I can never agree with your with your lifestyle. And those rainbows attached on our great states flag is way out of bounds. Just too "in your face". Desicrating a flag to make a political statement is just plain wrong. But, I will humbly extend an olive branch from this point forward, and lay off the anti-gay rhetoric. I hope you'll accept it. If not, I fully understand. I respect your service. You're OK in my book. Besides, it takes a lot of guts to fly mach 5 with your hair on fire!..Can't help but respect that!
Besides, swabbie aviators saved our butts at one point. they put on a firepower show i'll never forget!..It was absolutely beautiful.

Coolio

Hmm. I think it's abortion that Rand, Ron, and (possibly) Peter disagree with Barry on. Gary's more pro-choice.

They're tolerant of gays and aren't so hung-up on the issue.

Trust me, they aren't social issues fundies.

if rand, ron and peter are anti-choice, they aren't Goldwater republicans, are totally useless to anyone libertarian as far as I'm concerned, and have no right trying to use Goldwater's name.

but i have far more issues with the randians than that. I think their economic policies would result in a dickensian nightmare.

I think their foreign policy is naive and dangerous and creates an unholy alliance between neo-nazi, skinhead types and far left extremists.

Their philosophy of government takes the worst of the worst "starve it til you can drown it in the bathtub" evils from the radical right...

I think their view of the Constitution is absurd.

Like I said, I like Goldwater republicans...or at least could work with them. Randians? Not by a long shot.

Actually, Goldwater was against the New Deal Coalition and even fought against it. I'm sure being against the New Deal would have been, as you say, "a Dickensian nightmare," considering people thought the New Deal saved the economy back then. He also spoke out against governmental benefits for seniors...IN FRONT OF SENIOR CITIZENS THEMSELVES!!!!!!!

While he may have been a bit more interventionist, Goldwater would have certainly NOT have endorsed the adventurisms (sp?) of Bush, Clinton, Papi Bush, et al. He probably would have been a bit more "realpolitik" than anything.

And the guys I mentioned aren't "anti-choice" as far as they are considered "pragmatic" on the abortion issue.

Actually, Goldwater was against the New Deal Coalition and even fought against it. I'm sure being against the New Deal would have been, as you say, "a Dickensian nightmare," considering people thought the New Deal saved the economy back then. He also spoke out against governmental benefits for seniors...IN FRONT OF SENIOR CITIZENS THEMSELVES!!!!!!!

While he may have been a bit more interventionist, Goldwater would have certainly NOT have endorsed the adventurisms (sp?) of Bush, Clinton, Papi Bush, et al. He probably would have been a bit more "realpolitik" than anything.

And the guys I mentioned aren't "anti-choice" as far as they are considered "pragmatic" on the abortion issue.

I would have disagreed with Goldwater on that. But my issues are more the Randian's darwinian approach to economics vis a vis the Austrian school, which everything I've read leads me to believe is a recipe for disaster. To be fair, I've also made a personal, moral, decision, that I wouldn't want to live in that type of society even if the Austrians were proven correct in many areas.

As for the adventures (I don't know the spelling of the other either.) of Bush I didn't agree with the Iraq War. I did think we should have gone into Afghanistan after 9/11, though I think we're a little late to achieve any real objectives now and need to make graceful exits from both locales.

I will also admit to thinking Daddy Bush was correct at the time and never came to a conclusion about Bill Clinton's moves because of all the din about "wag the dog" every time he tried to do anything. What I will tell you is that I believe there are things worth fighting for and isolationism is dangerous. It's choosing what is worth fighting for that is complicated. But the randians don't believe anything is worth fighting for except for direct attack. (and even then I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt). And I think our national interest sometimes dictates otherwise. And I also think investiment in foreign aid is a very important diplomatic tool.

Last edited:
An interesting perspective from the always interesting ragin' cajun.... James Carville.

FT.com / Comment / Opinion - Obama can avoid midterm blues

I f GOLDWATER Republicans take over I may vote Republican.

What do they call them now, paleo-conservatives? Relegated to history by the neocon wing, the randian neo-libertarians and the fundie wing alike? I know they're out there, and yes I would vote for them.

The difference is, Reagan was elected to a second term. Obama won't be!
After all, Reagan was our greatest president. Obama is an idiot!
Imagine that, a sitting president appointing a self avowed anti-american communist pig to his administration. Absolutely dispicable!..A blatant slap in the face to all who have shed blood or died fighting the scurge that is communism. But we shouldn't be surprised. After all, he launched his political career in the home of an anti-american scumbag who blatantly sought to MURDER our fellow citizens!

EXACTLY--after today--with average--everyday--law abiding--tax paying U.S. citizens in the streets of Washington D.C to protest this administration & congress--Obama's presidency is already over. --He's already a lame duck.

I am 56 years old--& have never seen this size of a crowd--even during the Viet Nam war era.

"The sleeping GIANT is awake"

Polls will start to collapse on him.

$2 million tea-partiers.jpg

Last edited:
jeez , where did you get you crystal ball a$$wipe, we all know the party in power will lose seats in the next election, but I don't care what Obama does, it won't cancel out Jr/ Cheney

Most of the Republicans are old white people, so each day there are fewer and fewer of them.

Joe Wilson is the perfect face of the Republican Party.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back