Obamas America: SC Marines have to scrap equipment from naval museum in Charleston for deployment

We,ve gutted the militaryyyyy!!!!!

Fail! The $400 Billion Military Jet That Can't Fly in Cloudy Weather

Weve spent a fortune on the F35 which is supposed to replace a lot of these other planes. It has worked out badly sucking away funds from the ret of the fighter wing, including funds for maintenance
So you want to stop funding it?! You want to GUT THE MILITARY???
Dont be a Moron. This is an example of government waste, they started building the planes before they had the bugs out of the design. You make something work before you mass produce it, start selling it and start depending on it. UNLESS you work for the government, then you don't give a shit. Do you work for the government?
So you think it's time to cut and run on the F-35?

Its kind of late now isn't it? It never should have gone this far until they worked out a WORKING AIRCRAFT. What I did ,is just provide an example of government waste. To you think the way they handled the production and development, while starving funds from working aircraft is a GOOD thing?
But that's okay according to the OP we just need to spend more. Problem solved.
Not really, the OP is talking about spending money on equipment that already works and is depended on by our soldiers, that is a huge difference.

Dont be a Moron. This is an example of government waste, they started building the planes before they had the bugs out of the design. You make something work before you mass produce it, start selling it and start depending on it. UNLESS you work for the government, then you don't give a shit. Do you work for the government?

I've heard the military never asked for the F35 and still doesn't want it.
i have no inside knowledge of how close they are to making it work, to answer your question I would have to do a little more research, but from the article and others you can see the gross waste and lack of proceedure protocall up to this point.
You didn't answer my question, do you approve of the way the government has handled this? keep in mind the last 8 years have had Obama as commander in chief

Well...Obama obviously didn't bother ensuring the Marine Corp F-18s would be ready for duty at all times.
Oh shutup idiot. Don't act like nobody has ever tried to create more room within a budget or that it's a bad thing.

i have no inside knowledge of how close they are to making it work, to answer your question I would have to do a little more research, but from the article and others you can see the gross waste and lack of proceedure protocall up to this point.
You didn't answer my question, do you approve of the way the government has handled this? keep in mind the last 8 years have had Obama as commander in chief
No. Keep in mind this program had 8 years of a republican commander in chief, and 12/16 years with republicans controlling the power of the purse.

Excellent point. DC establishment insiders who owe lobbyists.

Let's not put ANOTHER one in.

No. Keep in mind this program had 8 years of a republican commander in chief, and 12/16 years with republicans controlling the power of the purse.
Bush was an idiot too in many ways, it doesn't excuse his predecessors. they are all contemptable with the way they mistreat our millitary.

Bush was an idiot too in many ways, it doesn't excuse his predecessors. they are all contemptable with the way they mistreat our millitary.

That's right. Because they were all under the thumb of DC establishment insiders and lobbyists.

Trump? Probably would just call the Marine Corp brass in and say "What do you need? Thats all i care about." Executive order. Done.

That's right. Because they were all under the thumb of DC establishment insiders and lobbyists.

Trump? Probably would just call the Marine Corp brass in and say "What do you need? Thats all i care about." Executive order. Done.
If Trump wins the Presidency, cancels the F-35 program, and uses that money to fix the mothballed F-18 fleet (which were all supposed to be out of service by now) and put them all back into service... you can choose my avi and sigline, and/or banish me from the forum forever.

Yes, Bush always seemed to me to be a very compromised person. I remember the way he threw our border control agents under the bus and couldnt stand up to the government of Mexico.
Why cant we get a normal person to run for president??? its maddening

If Trump wins the Presidency, cancels the F-35 program, and uses that money to fix the mothballed F-18 fleet (which were all supposed to be out of service by now) and put them all back into service... you can choose my avi and sigline, and/or banish me from the forum forever.

My bet is he will try to do what the military commanders WANT. Not what lobbyists and contractors that the Clintons owe favors to want.

Here’s What 60 Minutes Didn’t Tell You About the F-35

Wheeler
: The most stunning failure in the F-35 is the level of complexity and contradiction in the basic design. Starting out as a plan to make a short take off and vertical landing (STOVL) aircraft supersonic (two inherently contradictory design characteristics), it only went further downhill after that. They then made it a multi-role aircraft, piling on the additional contradictory characteristics of an air to air fighter and an air to ground bomber; then they made it “stealth” making even fatter the aerodynamic design and making it all more complex by an order of magnitude. And finally, they made it multi-service adding further contradictory complexities demanded separately by the Air Force, Marine Corps and Navy. All this insanity made high cost inherent to the design, just as it also made low performance (performing many roles, all of them poorly) intrinsic.

Heres more on the F-35, and it didn't start with Bush, it started with Clinton

My bet is he will try to do what the military commanders WANT. Not what lobbyists and contractors that the Clintons owe favors to want.
Are you aware that he's on record as saying he'd force the military to do what HE wants, regardless if it was against their wishes or ever constituted war crimes?

Are you aware that he's on record as saying he'd force the military to do what HE wants, regardless if it was against their wishes or ever constituted war crimes?

Well...he would be Commander in Chief. So...he would be in charge.

What if what "he wants" is to make the military powerful and effective....and to do so he asks them...the experts...what they need and want to make it happen.

When Trump wants a golf course to have the best grass possible you think he demands all the things he wants....or....does he consult an expert in the field of lawn/grass maintenance and then demand what HE says to do be done?

What if what "he wants" is to make the military powerful and effective....and to do so he asks them...the experts...what they need and want to make it happen.

When Trump wants a golf course to have the best grass possible you think he demands all the things he wants....or....does he consult an expert in the field of lawn/grass maintenance and then demand what HE says to do be done?
Yeah who knows. Anyways I found this and thought it was pretty interesting. You might too.

Donald Trump on War & Peace

Yeah who knows. Anyways I found this and thought it was pretty interesting. You might too.

That is interesting. And ya know? It's fine. He's never been a politician. Just like you and me. It's never been his life or job. So his comments 15 years ago...are what they are...what a private citizen thought with little information.

For example...have you changed YOUR mind about the wars from 9/12/2001 to today??? I know I have.

So many politicians are terrified of the dreaded "flip flop". I'm not. My state has had the same Senator (Graham) for decades it seems. HIS JOB is to represent MY VIEWS (ours...his voters). I'd have a serious problem if he didn't change his representation of us in 15 years on topics WE HAVE changed ours own...because he reps us.

' “It” was a forward left nose landing gear door hinge that’s no longer manufactured. '

Yes, we'll have a command-and-control economy under Herr Drumpf, so we won't have to worry about such things, right. :rolleyes:

' “It” was a forward left nose landing gear door hinge that’s no longer manufactured. '

Yes, we'll have a command-and-control economy under Herr Drumpf, so we won't have to worry about such things, right. :rolleyes:

Evidently he can't do any worse then the Big Eared disaster

Lol. In what parallel universe is the president responsible for the actions of private companies that are not under his control?

That is interesting. And ya know? It's fine. He's never been a politician. Just like you and me. It's never been his life or job. So his comments 15 years ago...are what they are...what a private citizen thought with little information.

For example...have you changed YOUR mind about the wars from 9/12/2001 to today??? I know I have.

So many politicians are terrified of the dreaded "flip flop". I'm not. My state has had the same Senator (Graham) for decades it seems. HIS JOB is to represent MY VIEWS (ours...his voters). I'd have a serious problem if he didn't change his representation of us in 15 years on topics WE HAVE changed ours own...because he reps us.
Spot on, even Hillary has changed her mind several times on things as has Obama, but I think they called it evolving. It sounds more sophisticated than Changed Mind

Retired fighter jet on display in South Carolina museum called back to duty

How sad what Comrade Obama has done to America.

Now....our Marine Corp fighter wing in Beaufort SC, just outside Parris Island....is asking the Patriots Point naval museum in Charleston if they can come scrap some equipment off the F18 they have on display at the museum before their upcoming war deployment.

Apparently a Marine officer was in Charleston and passed by the museum. Saw the F18 and realized it has parts they are in need of. He wrote the Patriots Point director and asked if they could scrap some.

Yes. The Marines....writing a museum director asking for parts instead of the FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN A TIME OF WAR.....providing them what they need.

.Trump 2016 is the answer.
President doesn't set the budget for the Marines.....The republican congress does

Retired fighter jet on display in South Carolina museum called back to duty

How sad what Comrade Obama has done to America.

Now....our Marine Corp fighter wing in Beaufort SC, just outside Parris Island....is asking the Patriots Point naval museum in Charleston if they can come scrap some equipment off the F18 they have on display at the museum before their upcoming war deployment.

Apparently a Marine officer was in Charleston and passed by the museum. Saw the F18 and realized it has parts they are in need of. He wrote the Patriots Point director and asked if they could scrap some.

Yes. The Marines....writing a museum director asking for parts instead of the FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IN A TIME OF WAR.....providing them what they need.

.Trump 2016 is the answer.
President doesn't set the budget for the Marines.....The republican congress does
Whoever is responsible for crippling our military readiness should have to pay for that politically, whether they be Rep or Dem, I really don't care the problem with even these spending bills is the pork involved and they both dip from the troth. I havnt heard Obama complaining about the readiness of our airforce, maybe he needs to pay more attention when our guys have to dig up scrap to put their equipment together. Maybe a little less time spent on polishing the golf clubs would have been in order, well, his job is almost done now, so it will be up to the next administration

Lol. In what parallel universe is the president responsible for the actions of private companies that are not under his control?

Um....Obama seems to think so. Obamacare anyone?

Forum List

Back