Obamanomics

Toro is stuck on stupid and Keystone is dead regardless..

the oil would be exported, Saudi and Shell refine the majority of it, everyone but the US makes a ton of $$$ ..

the end
we, USA citizens, MAKE MORE MONEY if Keystone xl is NOT built.

Right now, our refineries in the midwest are being used to refine these tar sands, and the USA is also the CUSTOMER buying their refined products, gasoline!

This has kept gasoline prices in these midwest regions, relatively low compared to the rest of the nation....

My bad, it wasn't your op, it was your subsequent posts, like this one:

The argument isn't that infrastructure spending isn't good for the economy.

The argument is that Obama said that it does, but also, that it doesn't, at least when it's politically expedient.

From the transcript you posted.

"this is not the way to do it."

What do you think that means?
Exactly what I said in my first post in the thread.

That it only creates 40 jobs?

That's an erroneous argument against most infrastructure spending, explained in several subsequent posts.

Almost all infrastructure jobs are not permanent jobs.
I have no problem repeating myself.

He's right. Keystone would help the Canadian economy and give the US a mere 40 or so jobs. Better to spend on ourselves, and that includes infrastructure of our own.

the oil would be exported, Saudi and Shell refine the majority of it, everyone but the US makes a ton of $$$ ..

the end

Right now, our refineries in the midwest are being used to refine these tar sands, and the USA is also the CUSTOMER buying their refined products, gasoline!

This has kept gasoline prices in these midwest regions, relatively low compared to the rest of the nation....

Most of the tar sands will be going to Gulf refineries.

Now that Keystone is dead, it will eventually be carried by tanker down the East Coast into the Gulf where it will be offloaded to refineries in LA and TX. Or it will be taken down by rail.

The argument isn't that infrastructure spending isn't good for the economy.

The argument is that Obama said that it does, but also, that it doesn't, at least when it's politically expedient.

That's an erroneous argument against most infrastructure spending, explained in several subsequent posts.

He's right. Keystone would help the Canadian economy and give the US a mere 40 or so jobs. Better to spend on ourselves, and that includes infrastructure of our own.

The State Dept said 42,000 jobs.

If your argument is that it only creates a few dozen permanent jobs, you should be against Obama's infrastructure bill also.

If your argument is that it only creates a few dozen permanent jobs, you should be against Obama's infrastructure bill also.
It didn't say 42,000 permanent jobs.

The State Department put the kibosh on it in the end, so I guess they didn't believe their own bullshit :lol:

Hey Obama and other liberal idiots

every new job counts

every last damn one of them

you stupid hacks.

:lol: and?

"Forget about ambiguity. The October jobs report left little doubt the U.S. labor market is back with a vengeance...

The 271,000 gain in payrolls was the biggest this year and exceeded all estimates in a Bloomberg survey of economists, a Labor Department report showed Friday. The jobless rate fell to a seven-year low of 5 percent and average hourly earnings over the past 12 months climbed by the most since 2009."

The October Jobs Report Gives Fed Officials a Green Light to Raise Rates

If we're going to help our neighbors make money, I'd rather help Mexico. Imagine a thriving Mexico. Would sure cut down on the immigration issue. Why not spend that wall money on boosting their economy.

:)

[

Thanks. He said exactly what I thought he said.

He said that Keystone was not the way to create jobs. Then he said an infrastructure bill was.

Infrastructure jobs?

You mean like The Big Dig in Boston that cost several billion dollars more than it should have and the filthy unions got rich on the backs of taxpayers?

The US spends more money on infrastructure than any country on earth. We don't get as much for it that we should we because of government inefficiency and union corruption.

I saw some stupid infrastructure the other day while driving down a semi rural road in Florida. Expensive sidewalks in an area where the density of population is like one family for every 50 acres or more. In fact more cows in the pastures than there were people. Paid for by Federal infrastructure funds. Complete waste of money as are many infrastructure projects.

Federal infrastructure jobs are all Davis Bacon boondoggles for the filthy ass unions. The Democrats thrive on the union corruption.

The Keystone Pipeline was designed to efficiently bring oil from the Bakken oil fields in Canada, North Dakota and Wyoming to market. Right now it is being shipped out inefficiently by trucks, adding a great cost to the process.

Tom Steyer's Shit for Brains Boy does not want the oil to be processed efficiently because Steyer gave tens of millions of environmental wacko dollars to the Democrats.

I found the transcript finally. Sorry, you are simply incorrect:

First: The pipeline would not make a meaningful long-term contribution to our economy. So if Congress is serious about wanting to create jobs, this was not the way to do it. If they want to do it, what we should be doing is passing a bipartisan infrastructure plan that, in the short term, could create more than 30 times as many jobs per year as the pipeline would, and in the long run would benefit our economy and our workers for decades to come.

Transcript: President Obama rejects Keystone XL pipeline
bigstockphotohammerstri.jpg

Thanks Ravi :smiliehug:

The State Department put the kibosh on it in the end, so I guess they didn't believe their own bullshit :lol:

Most infrastructure jobs aren't permanent.

If that's your criteria, then you should oppose infrastructure spending.

Hey Obama and other liberal idiots

every new job counts

every last damn one of them

you stupid hacks.

:lol: and?

"Forget about ambiguity. The October jobs report left little doubt the U.S. labor market is back with a vengeance...

The 271,000 gain in payrolls was the biggest this year and exceeded all estimates in a Bloomberg survey of economists, a Labor Department report showed Friday. The jobless rate fell to a seven-year low of 5 percent and average hourly earnings over the past 12 months climbed by the most since 2009."

The October Jobs Report Gives Fed Officials a Green Light to Raise Rates

That's just like a bunch of knucklehead libs, declare victory after one monthly jobs report. How many times have they done that over the last 7 years. /eyeroll

Most infrastructure jobs aren't permanent.

If that's your criteria, then you should oppose infrastructure spending.
They are pretty permanent when so much needs to be repaired and maintained.

I don't oppose things that benefit us all and I don't see keystone doing that.

That's just like a bunch of knucklehead libs, declare victory after one monthly jobs report. How many times have they done that over the last 7 years. /eyeroll

yes and they forgot that unemployment is down only because so many are working part time at lower wages than 8 years ago. And that is with 0% interest rates! It's still the worst recovery since the FDR Great Depression.

We can get the oil from our friends in Canada via an efficient pipeline of we can get the oil from the Middle East Mullahs and Shieks.

Of course Tom Styer's dumbass Boy doesn't want us to get oil from anybody. He wants us to use government subsidies to make more of those wonderful Solyndra solar cells so the executives that contributed to Obama's campaign can get richer.
keystone xl was not for transporting oil for American use, but to get their Canadian oil sands to the FOREIGN marketplace.

keystone xl was not for transporting oil for American use, but to get their Canadian oil sands to the FOREIGN marketplace.

Which foreigners want to pay to ship Canadian oil all the pay to the Gulf Coast and then outbid US refineries, right there, in order to ship it via tanker?
You have a list of these foreign buyers?
i'm sorry you don't KNOW THIS!!!!

Yes, the goal is to ship tar sands from Canada through keystone xl, to refineries in the Gulf's TAX FREE ZONE, for them to refine it, tax free, and ship it overseas to foreigners.

for them to refine it,

So Americanrefineries with American workers would benefit.
The products would be available for use in the US.
The workers wages and the corporate profits would be taxed by the US government.
Corporate dividends would also be paid to US investors who would be taxed on them.
As long as we ignore all these benefits, you're right.
No use/benefit for the US in the pipeline.

Wow, I knew liberals were bad at economics, but I didn't realize you had absolutely no clue.
NOPE!

read up on it, do some research for your own knowledge and benefit...

coming from me, just gives you reason to keep up the argument....

I have, your errors are many.

We can get the oil from our friends in Canada via an efficient pipeline of we can get the oil from the Middle East Mullahs and Shieks.

Of course Tom Styer's dumbass Boy doesn't want us to get oil from anybody. He wants us to use government subsidies to make more of those wonderful Solyndra solar cells so the executives that contributed to Obama's campaign can get richer.

Which foreigners want to pay to ship Canadian oil all the pay to the Gulf Coast and then outbid US refineries, right there, in order to ship it via tanker?
You have a list of these foreign buyers?
i'm sorry you don't KNOW THIS!!!!

Yes, the goal is to ship tar sands from Canada through keystone xl, to refineries in the Gulf's TAX FREE ZONE, for them to refine it, tax free, and ship it overseas to foreigners.

for them to refine it,

So Americanrefineries with American workers would benefit.
The products would be available for use in the US.
The workers wages and the corporate profits would be taxed by the US government.
Corporate dividends would also be paid to US investors who would be taxed on them.
As long as we ignore all these benefits, you're right.
No use/benefit for the US in the pipeline.

Wow, I knew liberals were bad at economics, but I didn't realize you had absolutely no clue.
ok, i did a little googling for you.....

One of the most important facts that is missing in the national debate surrounding the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is this – Keystone XL will not bring any more oil into the United State for decades to come. Canada doesn’t have nearly enough oil to fill existing pipelines going to the United States. However, existing Canadian oil pipelines all go to the Midwest, where the only buyer for their crude is the United States. Keystone XL would divert Canadian oil from refineries in the Midwest to the Gulf Coast where it can be refined and exported. Many of these refineries are in Foriegn Trade Zones where oil may be exported to international buyers without paying U.S. taxes. And that is exactly what Valero, one of the largest potential buyers of Keystone XL's oil, has told its investors it will do. The idea that Keystone XL will improve U.S. oil supply is a documented scam being played on the American people by Big Oil and its friends in Washington DC.
Keystone XL is a tar sands pipeline to export oil out of the United States | Anthony Swift's Blog | Switchboard, from NRDC

Duties? Where do duties or the lack of them impact any of my points? Or help any of yours?
If the FTZ allows them to export refined products without paying a duty on the imported oil, so what?
You still have US jobs and profits and another secure source of oil not dependent on 7th century savages.
And if this reduces our imports of dirty crude from Venezuela, that's another bonus.

the end

Is that why Chicago has the highest gas prices in the country? LOL!

If we're going to help our neighbors make money, I'd rather help Mexico. Imagine a thriving Mexico. Would sure cut down on the immigration issue. Why not spend that wall money on boosting their economy.

:)

Imagine a thriving Mexico.

I do. Just imagine how all their dreamers can revitalize the Mexican economy, once they return.

Obamanomics? Sure. My guy has 68 consecutive months of private sector job growth and has America selling more oil than it actually buys from abroad now for the first time in ages. What does your guy have?

upload a gif

Bridges and roadways don't create long term jobs.

Schools are funded mostly by local property taxes. Most of the federal government's infrastructure bill would not go to schools.

No roads, no bridges, NO JOBS FOR ANYONE in the future.

No expanded Electric grid, no electricity for businesses or jobs of the future.

No expanded and fixed up schools, no educated work force, for jobs in the future.
I'm beginning to think Toro is here as a secret weapon from Canada to turn us into a third world country.

Yeah, more jobs and more secure, cheaper oil.
Just like Cuba. Moron.
NONE, zip, zero oil from Canada's keystone xl was to be for USA use....

do you understand that?

NONE.

zero oil from Canada's keystone xl was to be for USA use....

A pipeline built to ship oil from Canada to US refineries isn't for the USA to use?
That's funny.
yes Todd, it is NOT for USA use, but to expand transcanada's ability to transport their refined tar sands oil, overseas via oil tankers.

HOW can you not know this?

Forum List

Back