Obamacare Kicking In (And The People Like It So Far!!)

haha, I was just kidding. I think bigreb was trying to get under my skin, so I gave him what he wanted and tried to incorporate some movie references while I was at it.

Nothing anyone on this or any website says will ever make me angry. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

thats what keeps me sane. I let things roll off my shoulders...well...except Truthmatters...something about her approach really irks the hell out of me.

But on the most part, I am even keeled on this site...actually have learned a lot.

However, sad to say, I am likely going to be leaving here soon....for a couple of reasons...first, I am starting to see that for the most part, this is a rant site...not a debate site...
And secondly....now that my clients fiscal years are winding down and new budegts implemented, I am going to start getting way too busy to sit here and rant and rave.

And I will admit...when I sign on here, I get addicted and have trouble signing off...so I may have to just stop signing on.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. If you leave I really won't have anyone left to have a reasonable debate with. I'm in the same boat though, I've been getting busier and busier and I probably should step away from here for a bit. There's just too much comedy gold here though, it's tough.

Aww...cmon...you and claudette have a great thing going.
To be honest...I think I may be a bit jealous.
Maybe thats why I am going to leave....Im jealous....cant watch it anymore...it is so....so....so....hurtful:(

chickenshit

NOBODY and I mean nobody calls me chickenshit.....

ooooh, now you've done it. You've made me angry. I'm warning you, you probably won't like me when I'm angry.

That white little speck on top of chickenshit is still chickenshit.
Who said I cared if you liked me or not?

Why are we kidding ourselves? There is obviously some real sexual tension between us. I feel it, I know you feel it. Send me a PM and we'll let nature take over.

NOBODY and I mean nobody calls me chickenshit.....

ooooh, now you've done it. You've made me angry. I'm warning you, you probably won't like me when I'm angry.

That white little speck on top of chickenshit is still chickenshit.
Who said I cared if you liked me or not?

Why are we kidding ourselves? There is obviously some real sexual tension between us. I feel it, I know you feel it. Send me a PM and we'll let nature take over.

Don't flatter yourself your fantsy is your's and your's alone

Once Healthcare Reform really starts to kick in, the vast majority of Americans will favor it, as most have favored the best parts of it all along. The part some don't like about fining those who do not purchase health insurance was originally a Republican idea. There is nothing unconstitutional about it, as we all are required to pay into medicare. The Supreme Court will decide this and it will take a Republican President, a large majority in the House and Senate to repeal our Health Care Reform Law, all of which will come at a political cost, as the majority of Americans are now in favor of the law.

Once Healthcare Reform really starts to kick in, the vast majority of Americans will favor it, as most have favored the best parts of it all along. The part some don't like about fining those who do not purchase health insurance was originally a Republican idea. There is nothing unconstitutional about it, as we all are required to pay into medicare. The Supreme Court will decide this and it will take a Republican President, a large majority in the House and Senate to repeal our Health Care Reform Law, all of which will come at a political cost, as the majority of Americans are now in favor of the law.

This is what pisses me off, people will like until they get the bill, and when the government starts to cut back on services.
Hell the government has been cutting back on services now and we don't have obamacare working full blast.

so you are ugly, a stupid head AND angry.
Wow....

haha, I was just kidding. I think bigreb was trying to get under my skin, so I gave him what he wanted and tried to incorporate some movie references while I was at it.

Nothing anyone on this or any website says will ever make me angry. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time.

thats what keeps me sane. I let things roll off my shoulders...well...except Truthmatters...something about her approach really irks the hell out of me.

But on the most part, I am even keeled on this site...actually have learned a lot.

However, sad to say, I am likely going to be leaving here soon....for a couple of reasons...first, I am starting to see that for the most part, this is a rant site...not a debate site...
And secondly....now that my clients fiscal years are winding down and new budegts implemented, I am going to start getting way too busy to sit here and rant and rave.

And I will admit...when I sign on here, I get addicted and have trouble signing off...so I may have to just stop signing on.

Jarhead, just take a break and come back. I like what you have to say and how you say it. We need more people who can post a disagreement without resorting to the lowest common denominator *cough*Rabbi*cough*.

I used to get so worked up reading the things people would write here so I took a 4 or 5 month break. A lot of days I sit at my computer writing letters, briefs, or other paperwork when I'm not in court and would reply furiously all day. Eventually, I realized that a break was needed.

I took the break...came back...and while I do get a little perturbed sometimes I realize that if there's someone saying stupid stuff...they're really not having an effect on mass amounts of people being a keyboard cowboy. It's not like they're changing hearts and minds. There is no winning. And even the insults dont matter in the big picture. (That's not to say that treating poorly well is excusable)

I am sad to agree that most of this board is just people ranting, using the same insults on each other (libs/repugs dont like facts!!) and thinking they are winning something. But hey, as you pointed out, this board is very up-to-the-minute when it comes to world events. At least use it for that, right?

I never kicked my kids out of the house. They are all grown now, have families, and have never needed my help. If they had, it would be there for the asking. If my kids were in their early 20's and didn't have insurance, I would welcome the opportunity to be able to carry them as dependents on my insurance. If they got seriously ill, I would spend my last dime on them. This provision in law is as much about protecting parents as it is the kids.

In other words, there's no need for this bill since parents will pay for their kid's insurance anyway. Is that what you're saying?
No. How easily you forget. Without the healthcare bill, preexisting conditions apply, so a separate policy may not be an option because of cost. Young people in their early 20’s are often working in low paid temp or part time positions where there is no group policy and full coverage policies are well beyond their income. So yes, there is a need for this feature of the law.

I never kicked my kids out of the house. They are all grown now, have families, and have never needed my help. If they had, it would be there for the asking. If my kids were in their early 20's and didn't have insurance, I would welcome the opportunity to be able to carry them as dependents on my insurance. If they got seriously ill, I would spend my last dime on them. This provision in law is as much about protecting parents as it is the kids.

In other words, there's no need for this bill since parents will pay for their kid's insurance anyway. Is that what you're saying?
No. How easily you forget. Without the healthcare bill, preexisting conditions apply, so a separate policy may not be an option because of cost. Young people in their early 20’s are often working in low paid temp or part time positions where there is no group policy and full coverage policies are well beyond their income. So yes, there is a need for this feature of the law.

So a insurance company will give someone insurance even though they have cancer, or a heart condition? Should we also force insurance company's to give life insurance to people who are in coma?

I'm still waiting for you to explain what the problem is with a 26 year old being on their parents insurance. In what way does this affect you? It only helps you, but you're too pig-headed to realize it. Three degrees and you can't figure this out. I'd ask for a refund on that education.

It doesn't help me if I'm single, have no kids and have my insurance rates jacked up because we all have to pay the cost of you covering your kid's insurance until they are 26.

It also doesn't help me if my kids are paying for their own insurance when they are 21.

The stupidity of Democrat drones defies comprehension.

You being a partisan shill doesnt make you any better.

By the way...it does help you, dumbass. If they're not on their parents plan getting preventative care then you're already paying for their emergency care!!

If you can't acknowledge that emergency care is more expensive than preventative care, there's no hope for you.

By the way...it does help you, dumbass. If they're not on their parents plan getting preventative care then you're already paying for their emergency care!!

You ass sume that people don't pay their bills??? Big assumption, whats interesting ,that just a week ago there was a headline stating that there has been a large drop in young people being insured.???!!!

I would expect that this is just propaganda and has no real merit.

You ass sume that people don't pay their bills??? Big assumption, whats interesting ,that just a week ago there was a headline stating that there has been a large drop in young people being insured.???!!!

You didn't use the quote box, but you quoted me so I'll respond.

I didn't assume that ALL people don't pay their bills. If you're going to debate me, figure out what I actually said before you go ranting half-cocked.

I was responding to britpat's situation where HE was assuming that this theoretical kid wasn't paying his bill. It was a hypothetical. Back the fuck up.

Even in the worst situation where some 26 year old is on their parents' healthcare...that's still preventative and not emergency. Costs less. Proving that Obamacare is better. I know you'll probably hate to hear that and not accept it..but it's a fact.

1. Before Obamacare, everyone gets free emergency healthcare
2. Obamacare means those who don't already have their own insurance get preventative heathcare.
3. Preventative healthcare costs less than emergency healthcare.

Therefore...Obamacare is better.

I didn't assume that ALL people don't pay their bills. If you're going to debate me, figure out what I actually said before you go ranting half-cocked.

I was responding to britpat's situation where HE was assuming that this theoretical kid wasn't paying his bill. It was a hypothetical. Back the fuck up.

Even in the worst situation where some 26 year old is on their parents' healthcare...that's still preventative and not emergency. Costs less. Proving that Obamacare is better. I know you'll probably hate to hear that and not accept it..but it's a fact.

2. Obamacare means those who don't already have their own insurance get preventative heathcare.

1. Strawman

2. Strawman

3. Strawman

Therefore.....You need a lot more than three weak strawman points to even remotely prove Obamacare is better.....

I'm still waiting for you to explain what the problem is with a 26 year old being on their parents insurance. In what way does this affect you? It only helps you, but you're too pig-headed to realize it. Three degrees and you can't figure this out. I'd ask for a refund on that education.

It doesn't help me if I'm single, have no kids and have my insurance rates jacked up because we all have to pay the cost of you covering your kid's insurance until they are 26.

It also doesn't help me if my kids are paying for their own insurance when they are 21.

The stupidity of Democrat drones defies comprehension.

You being a partisan shill doesnt make you any better.

If you can't acknowledge that emergency care is more expensive than preventative care, there's no hope for you.

21 year olds could offered their own healthcare coverage if they would stop buying those new electronic gadets or the latest video game.

1. Strawman

2. Strawman

3. Strawman

Therefore.....You need a lot more than three weak strawman points to even remotely prove Obamacare is better.....

That's one of the weakest replies I've ever seen on this board. And that's saying a lot with Rabbi and USArmy hanging around.

Either respond or don't. Otherwise you're a waste of space.

1. Strawman

2. Strawman

3. Strawman

That's one of the weakest replies I've ever seen on this board. And that's saying a lot with Rabbi and USArmy hanging around.

Did i set up a bunch of weak ass strawmen? Nope, that was you, rdeanlite.......

Post something concrete to support the bullshit YOU posted or go back to your haberdashery business.........

1. Strawman

2. Strawman

3. Strawman

Post something concrete to support the bullshit YOU posted or go back to your haberdashery business.........

Weaksauce...again.

Translation:

I can't attack any of the shit you said, so I'll just throw terms around that I think make me sound cool.

Oh wait! You called me on my shit. I'll repeat the same shit again.

Either respond or don't dude. No one's holding a gun to your head. Otherwise you're a waste of space.

I'm sorry that I blew your mind and proved to you that Obamacare is better than the current system of healthcare...and did it so succinctly. I know it's hard to grasp that much awesome when you can't really think for yourself. That's not my problem.

If you can attack something I said...do it. I welcome it. I'll listen...and address what you say directly. Otherwise, get the fuck out of the thread and stop wasting my time.

Weaksauce...again.

Translation:

I can't attack any of the shit you said, so I'll just throw terms around that I think make me sound cool.

Either respond or don't dude. No one's holding a gun to your head. Otherwise you're a waste of space.

I'm sorry that I blew your mind and proved to you that Obamacare is better than the current system of healthcare...and did it so succinctly. I know it's hard to grasp that much awesome when you can't really think for yourself. That's not my problem.

If you can attack something I said...do it. I welcome it. I'll listen...and address what you say directly. Otherwise, get the fuck out of the thread and stop wasting my time.

To quickly sum up your lame bullshit:

obama-strawman.jpg

Weaksauce...again.

Translation:

To quickly sum up your lame bullshit:

obama-strawman.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back