Obamacare causes prices to skyrocket

So, like Sun Devil, you believe there's no such thing in America as "common sense law."

How soon can we start dismantling the :bow3: Sacred Second Amendment?
Hey....you are the one who said (and I quote) "n*ggers are only good for slavery".

Link?

Wait....I thought Obama said that we needed Obamacare because the costs of healthcare were just too much??? :uhh:

Thanks Obamacare: This Is What Americans Spent Most Money On In 2015

I pay for my own, it costs me almost 50% of my home mortgage and its still a shitty plan. Still need to pay most of everything out of pocket because its not a premium plan. I try to go to the doctor as little as possible, just cant afford to go in for things. I'd be way better off if i didn't have health insurance and just payed completely out of pocket but its the law right? before Obama care, it actually was pretty affordable

Even through the exchanges?

The article showcases the disparities between the two states in question. If North Carolina had covered the costs of anti-rejection medications once Ms. Toribio had her transplant, she would in all likelihood have a functioning kidney and an ability to work and pay taxes for another 35 years until she retired, instead of being constrained by dialysis three times a week and virtually disabled.

It's a case of "states rights" being more important to the elitist theoreticians (like the ones who consider the Constitution in and of itself more important than the people it was written to serve) than the people who live in those states.
And this article illustrates the pure insanity of your position that I have no right to what is mine, that you are somehow "just" in stealing what belongs to me, and that everything which is mine is somehow public domain for all of society:

The Democrats’ primary practice of redistributing wealth, based on a defunct 16th-century philosophy, is nothing other than theft disguised as “social justice” (property rights be damned — “the people” are entitled to take what they want from others). And since Democrats feel entitled to steal property, naturally they feel entitled to steal elections, too, which is why they oppose squelching voter fraud with voter ID laws and favor measures like motor-voter laws that enable illegal aliens to vote.

Election 2016: The Party of Stupid vs. The Party of Evil

In the universe where the person with the kidney problem illegal crossed the border of a nation that they are not a citizen of.

Well, you go right ahead and Stand Your Ground on that line in the dirt. The adults will point out that the article you posted was written six years before the implementation of the PPACA. It's cute how you think it's relevant.
How is it not relevant?!? Government control of healthcare is the problem - whether it's Medicaid or Obamacare :cuckoo:

You're getting more irrational as we go. I'm actually getting worried about you. Is there someone I can call for you to have them come check on you?
My govt. provided healthcare is great! Better than the private healthcare I had for years.....

yeah but somebody else is paying for it disproportionally
Well it's perk for being a veteran of the US Army...After I got out, during Reagan, he had cut us off, but Dubya came to the rescue in 2004.....

Oh well, thats all good then. Veterans are a different category

So, like Sun Devil, you believe there's no such thing in America as "common sense law."

How soon can we start dismantling the :bow3: Sacred Second Amendment?
Hey....you are the one who said (and I quote) "n*ggers are only good for slavery".

Link?

Wait....I thought Obama said that we needed Obamacare because the costs of healthcare were just too much??? :uhh:

I pay for my own, it costs me almost 50% of my home mortgage and its still a shitty plan. Still need to pay most of everything out of pocket because its not a premium plan. I try to go to the doctor as little as possible, just cant afford to go in for things. I'd be way better off if i didn't have health insurance and just payed completely out of pocket but its the law right? before Obama care, it actually was pretty affordable

Even through the exchanges?

I make too much money to qualify, but not really so much that it's easy to pay the premiums. Unless there's something i'm missing?

The article showcases the disparities between the two states in question. If North Carolina had covered the costs of anti-rejection medications once Ms. Toribio had her transplant, she would in all likelihood have a functioning kidney and an ability to work and pay taxes for another 35 years until she retired, instead of being constrained by dialysis three times a week and virtually disabled.

It's a case of "states rights" being more important to the elitist theoreticians (like the ones who consider the Constitution in and of itself more important than the people it was written to serve) than the people who live in those states.
And this article illustrates the pure insanity of your position that I have no right to what is mine, that you are somehow "just" in stealing what belongs to me, and that everything which is mine is somehow public domain for all of society:

The Democrats’ primary practice of redistributing wealth, based on a defunct 16th-century philosophy, is nothing other than theft disguised as “social justice” (property rights be damned — “the people” are entitled to take what they want from others). And since Democrats feel entitled to steal property, naturally they feel entitled to steal elections, too, which is why they oppose squelching voter fraud with voter ID laws and favor measures like motor-voter laws that enable illegal aliens to vote.

Election 2016: The Party of Stupid vs. The Party of Evil

Which has nothing to do with my actual position, just the one you made up.

I doubt it would be cheaper. I just got my EOB today from my recent ER visit. Billed charges were over $10K. I have to pay a little over $2K. The billed charge for the CT was over $6K alone; I have to pay around $900.00 just for that. On the plus side, I am over my $1500 deductible and well on my way to my $4500 max out of pocket so I am running to the ER every time I sneeze for the rest of the year. Isn't like it will cost me much more ;)

I doubt it would be cheaper. I just got my EOB today from my recent ER visit. Billed charges were over $10K. I have to pay a little over $2K. The billed charge for the CT was over $6K alone; I have to pay around $900.00 just for that. On the plus side, I am over my $1500 deductible and well on my way to my $4500 max out of pocket so I am running to the ER every time I sneeze for the rest of the year. Isn't like it will cost me much more ;)

Well, according to some, you should be filing for bankruptcy.

That would be problematic for me since I own a few houses and make too much to get a subsidy. I am fairly sure they would laugh me out of the courtroom if I declared bankruptcy over a $2K bill.

That would be problematic for me since I own a few houses and make too much to get a subsidy. I am fairly sure they would laugh me out of the courtroom if I declared bankruptcy over a $2K bill.

I was being sarcastic....and you probably knew that.

Seems like we should be laughing a lot of medical bankruptcies out of the courtroom.

Seems like we should be laughing a lot of medical bankruptcies out of the courtroom.
We should be laughing Obamacare and liberals out of the country...

Probably. In my area at least, it not that common that they sue you if they know you are broke, and even if they do, they don't often try to enforce it. You get sent to collection; collection does their thing; it eventually gets sold to somebody who buys bad debt for pennies on the dollar hoping to be able to collect more than they spent. Once it leaves the original provider's hands, I tell people to file a motion asking for all the original documentation and an itemized statement of account. They tend not to be able to provide that in the time allowed by law and the case gets dropped.

Even beyond all that, people I know who say it was because of medical bills really did it because of credit card bills and those moes will come after you aggressively.

Probably. In my area at least, it not that common that they sue you if they know you are broke, and even if they do, they don't often try to enforce it. You get sent to collection; collection does their thing; it eventually gets sold to somebody who buys bad debt for pennies on the dollar hoping to be able to collect more than they spent. Once it leaves the original provider's hands, I tell people to file a motion asking for all the original documentation and an itemized statement of account. They tend not to be able to provide that in the time allowed by law and the case gets dropped.

Even beyond all that, people I know who say it was because of medical bills really did it because of credit card bills and those moes will come after you aggressively

Yep,

Often people who don't manage money well who got sick.

And then looked for the dishonorable way out.

So much for the false liberal narrative that Obamacare will "reduce" healthcare costs.... :eusa_doh:

Because of Obamacare, young people have seen up to a 44% increase in premiums.

3 Reasons Why Obamacare Is Bad for Millennials

From your article:

As of March 2015, Obamacare has a net cost of $1.207 trillion over the next 10 years and will add an additional $17 trillion over the next 75 years in unfunded liabilities. Our national debt is over $19 trillion, so how is the United States supposed to pay for this? Oh, that’s right, it will increase taxes on the young people who will continue to pay for Obamacare, as well as the other giant federal entitlements—Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid—for the rest of our lives.

Debt.
Debt.
Debt.

What don't people understand about that.

Forum List

Back