Obamacare bill now $1.76 trillion in first 10 years

Yep and FDR's policies did nothing but extend it.

Rather like Barry's policeis of today.
well since both times there was a depression / recession of this nature the people put the Dems into power that speaks volumes of the lack of confidence of the GOP to handle fiscal crises.

All that shows is that Americans are suckers.

Yep and FDR's policies did nothing but extend it.

Rather like Barry's policeis of today.
well since both times there was a depression / recession of this nature the people put the Dems into power that speaks volumes of the lack of confidence of the GOP to handle fiscal crises.

All that shows is that Americans are suckers.
shows americans dont actually trust the GOP with financial matters.

Tax the rich, tax the rich.....
Taxing the rich isn't going to make a dent in anything, there just isn't enough rich to pull us out.
When are you people going to learn that with politics, it isn't about the people, it's about the idea. WAKE UP!!!!!!!
if you repeal the bush tax cuts you would raise the same amount of money over 10 years as if you took 50% of everything the bottom 50% own. (not make, but own)

it may be Jon Stewart but that doesnt make it not true

World of Class Warfare - The Poor's Free Ride Is Over - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/18/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Last edited:
Taxing the rich isn't going to make a dent in anything, there just isn't enough rich to pull us out.
When are you people going to learn that with politics, it isn't about the people, it's about the idea. WAKE UP!!!!!!!
if you repeal the bush tax cuts you would raise the same amount of money over 10 years as if you took 50% of everything the bottom 50% own. (not make, but own)

World of Class Warfare - The Poor's Free Ride Is Over - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/18/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Do the fucking math

Do the fucking math
did you even watch the clip or are you just gonna rant?

I hate being lied to. We were first told the ACA would be deficit neutral, then told it would cost about 940 billion, now told it'll cost 1.76 trillion, and about to exceed 2 trillion when next year's estimate comes out for an entire 10 year period. And I'm thinking that's the low end conservative estimate, I'd add another trillion or two onto that for what it'll really cost in reality. The thing was backloaded with the expenditures so the math wouldn't look so bad AND they didn't include the doc fix, which is another couple hundred billion per year and no doubt also going higher.

I don't doubt the repubs did the same thing for their Medicare Part D program they passed under Bush43, haven't checked the facts there. So I don't just blame the dems, this is an ongoing problem that must be faced.

Why? CUZ WE AIN'T GOT THE FUCKING MONEY! For all the bonehead libdems out there, you can't even touch the difference by raising taxes on the rich guys, not even close. It really comes down to addressing the problem before the problem addresses you. One way or another a big change is coming; we either get our fiscal house in order while we can or we go bust. And that'll hurt way more than if we get our shit together and create a softer landing.

And remember this - future generations will pay the price for our mistakes.

I hate being lied to. We were first told the ACA would be deficit neutral, then told it would cost about 940 billion, now told it'll cost 1.76 trillion, and about to exceed 2 trillion when next year's estimate comes out for an entire 10 year period. And I'm thinking that's the low end conservative estimate, I'd add another trillion or two onto that for what it'll really cost in reality. The thing was backloaded with the expenditures so the math wouldn't look so bad AND they didn't include the doc fix, which is another couple hundred billion per year and no doubt also going higher.

I don't doubt the repubs did the same thing for their Medicare Part D program they passed under Bush43, haven't checked the facts there. So I don't just blame the dems, this is an ongoing problem that must be faced.

Why? CUZ WE AIN'T GOT THE FUCKING MONEY! For all the bonehead libdems out there, you can't even touch the difference by raising taxes on the rich guys, not even close. It really comes down to addressing the problem before the problem addresses you. One way or another a big change is coming; we either get our fiscal house in order while we can or we go bust. And that'll hurt way more than if we get our shit together and create a softer landing.

gotta love you wing nuts..

Right-Wing Media Falsely Claim Cost Of Health Care Law Has Doubled | Media Matters for America

UPDATE 2-CBO cuts cost estimate for Obama healthcare law | Reuters
CBO cuts cost estimate for Obama healthcare law - chicagotribune.com

the estimate has actually been reduced by $50 B

You're confusing cost and deficit. It can cost that amount and still be deficit neutral if the the revenue provisions raise that amount. The most absurd thing about this thread is that the CBO figures actually show the cost has declined over the past year, relative to the baseline. From page 4 of the CBO document:

"Legislation enacted since March 2011 reduced the costs of the ACA’s coverage provisions by about $38 billion, according to CBO and JCT’s estimates."

gotta love you wing nuts..

Right-Wing Media Falsely Claim Cost Of Health Care Law Has Doubled | Media Matters for America

UPDATE 2-CBO cuts cost estimate for Obama healthcare law | Reuters
CBO cuts cost estimate for Obama healthcare law - chicagotribune.com

the estimate has actually been reduced by $50 B

Having to rely on increase in the number of penalities and some "new taxes" to fudge the numbers in the right direction for the administration by the CBO....and your hanging your hat on that? I laugh at you :lol:
You are a good obama tool

I don't have a need for phony numbers. I can look at the actual data. You're the one needing to resort to name calling and screaming that the books are cooked because you don't have any evidence to support your position.

I don't have a need for phony numbers. I can look at the actual data. You're the one needing to resort to name calling and screaming that the books are cooked because you don't have any evidence to support your position.

The CBO now projects that from 2012 through 2021 the federal government will spend $168 billion more on Medicaid than it expected last year, $97 billion less on subsidies for people to purchase insurance on government-run exchanges and $20 billion less on tax credits to small employers. That works out to a $51 billion increase in the gross cost of expanding coverage from what the CBO estimated a year ago. However, the CBO also expects the federal government to collect more revenue from penalties on individuals and employers, as well as other taxes. These revenue increases will more than offset the spending increases, according to the CBO, so it now expects the cost of Obamacare during those years to be $48 billion lower.
CBO boosts its Obamacare Medicaid cost estimate | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

I have the evidence, Polk. Now why don't you go to mediamatters and refute it.

I don't need to go to Media Matters. If you understood what you were reading, it's in what your post. The "other taxes" isn't some mystical bucket, it's the other tax provisions in the darn bill.

I don't need to go to Media Matters. If you understood what you were reading, it's in what your post. The "other taxes" isn't some mystical bucket, it's the other tax provisions in the darn bill.

You just spout off with no evidence? Really? Hmmm, typical from the wingnuts.

What other taxes that was in the darn bill that wasn't addressed by the CBO already....Polk?
Please show some evidence to support your drivel...or is it just an opinion of yours?

Also, what about this "expects the federal government to collect more revenue" An interesting concept that the CBO can't even back up.

The CBO did address it. You just chose to ignore it.

CBO | CBO Releases Updated Estimates for the Insurance Coverage Provisions of the Affordable Care Act

Why do you claim the CBO can't back it up? They say "expects" because it's a future value.

How can a person put a finite number on something that he expects?

Also from your source:

$97 billion in the projected costs for the tax credits and other subsidies for health insurance provided through the exchanges and related spending
$20 billion in the projected costs for tax credits for small employers, and
$107 billion in deficits from the projected revenue effects of changes in taxable compensation and penalty payments and from other small changes in estimated spending.

This is where numbers can be manipulated with the word 'projected'.

Why not project or expect higher amounts of waste and fraud?

Yeah only 2 trillion dollars...

I wonder how much i would cost to just "give" every individual (300,000,000 US citizens) a $50,000 each...

Dropping money from an airplane would make more sense than Obama's stupidity...

Forum List

Back