Obama writes a thank you letter to Reagan

The OP is proving to be a Troll.
*Hugely*

Everyone is a RW kook or wtf ever, just pissing as far out as he can in hopes that people bite. The he acts like everyone is small minded and picks apart their responce despite his posts being childish at best.
Meaning the poster has too much time on their hands and is bored with his/Hers/It's own life...(And a probably PAID shill to boot)...

Dear President Reagan,

I want to thank you for making out of control spending politically possible. I would never have been able to get away with spending so much had you not made massive spending increases politically possible through your sound arguments that deficits are good and that military spending is always justified.

I have been able to take these arguments to the American people to justify my own out of control spending. Of course, my predecessor George W. Bush helped, but he was merely emulating your spending patterns. Today our deficit is higher than it has ever been and I want to let you know that I owe you a debt of gratitude for being the Godfather of crazy spending.

Sincerely,

President Obama

I've been hammering that theme for years. Reagan mainstreamed the massive deficit. He is truly the root of all our fiscal woes.

When Cheney infamously said 'Deficits don't matter', what many people missed in that was that Cheney wasn't saying that deficits don't matter economically, budgetarily, fiscally, or anything of the sort...

...what Cheney was saying was that deficits don't matter politically

and with that Cheney was reflecting the legacy of Ronald Reagan.

Dear President Reagan,

I want to thank you for making out of control spending politically possible. I would never have been able to get away with spending so much had you not made massive spending increases politically possible through your sound arguments that deficits are good and that military spending is always justified.

I have been able to take these arguments to the American people to justify my own out of control spending. Of course, my predecessor George W. Bush helped, but he was merely emulating your spending patterns. Today our deficit is higher than it has ever been and I want to let you know that I owe you a debt of gratitude for being the Godfather of crazy spending.

Sincerely,

President Obama

I've been hammering that theme for years. Reagan mainstreamed the massive deficit. He is truly the root of all our fiscal woes.

When Cheney infamously said 'Deficits don't matter', what many people missed in that was that Cheney wasn't saying that deficits don't matter economically, budgetarily, fiscally, or anything of the sort...

And it's safe to say you think Reagan sucked.... But you really fucking like Obama, lol. Like I said, it's getting really fucking dumb in here.

"You can't hate on me, I'm like that fucking asshole Bush and he had an R next to his name, soooo HA!" Real winning talking point guys....

Dear President Reagan,

Sincerely,

President Obama

And it's safe to say you think Reagan sucked.... But you really fucking like Obama, lol. Like I said, it's getting really fucking dumb in here.

"You can't hate on me, I'm like that fucking asshole Bush and he had an R next to his name, soooo HA!" Real winning talking point guys....

Don't lie about my view of Obama. When he acts like a Republican, he's every bit as much an asshole as the Republicans are.

Don't lie about my view of Obama. When he acts like a Republican, he's every bit as much an asshole as the Republicans are.

No...the poster NAILED yer ass perfectly.

Ahh, maybe you can give me this list where he repealed Bush policy, you know when Obama had the House and Senate on his side...

Dear President Reagan,

Sincerely,

President Obama

2 questions.

First Exactly when has Obama ever claimed his spending is Justified because Military Spending is always justified?

Second, How much was the Debt and Deficit as a % of GDP under Reagan Compared to today? Do you even know?
Actually, St Ronnie justified his deficit spending as starving the welfare state. Your rationalization is just the lie he sold the gullible!

July 6, 2010
RUSH: It is said of Reagan -- I think it's true to a certain extent -- Reagan decided to starve the welfare state by creating deficits and spending

Dear President Reagan,

Sincerely,

President Obama

Reagan responds

Dear Macaca,

I ran the entire US government for less than your annual deficits.

My Party never had control of both houses of Congress much less a veto-proof majority like you had. So you have no excuse for your poor performance. Democrats who controlled Congress lied to me and the American people when they said they would cut spending.

In any event, grow the fuck up. You are President of the United States, it's the most powerful executive position on the planet. I know you're not up to the task and by know, you've realized it too.

Your best best would be to start every day with a tall glass of Shut the Fuck Up Juice.

Ronald W Reagan,
America Greatest 20th Century President

Last edited:
Dear President Reagan,

Sincerely,

President Obama

Reagan responds

Dear Macaca,

I ran the entire US government for less than your annual deficits.

My Party never had control of both houses of Congress much less a veto-proof majority like you had. So you have no excuse for your poor performance. Democrats who controlled Congress lied to me and the American people when they said they would cut spending.

In any event, grow the fuck up. You are President of the United States, it's the most powerful executive position on the planet. I know you're not up to the task and by know, you've realized it too.

Your best best would be to start every day with a tall glass of Shut the Fuck Up Juice.

Ronald W Reagan, America Greatest 20th Century President
:clap2:

Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bahrain, etc.
Um, but as you well know all those wars constitute only a tiny % of what Obama has spent.

This is the wrong ratio to look at, but this doesn't stop you Keynesians from justifying more spending. The correct ratio to look at is the marginal productivity of debt, as I previously posted.
I think Both Ratios have merit as a measure of how serious a problem the Deficit is. Not sure how on gods earth you pegged me as a Keynesian though. I am a Ardent Small Government Conservative that Thinks Obama's Spending is Pure Insanity and a road to Economic Ruin. I Simply contest the Idea that Reagan Paved the way, Though I admit that certainly is a favorite Liberal Talking point. Reagan's Deficits IMO where Nothing compared to today. Both of course in actual Total, as well as a % of GDP, and of course their Real Effect on the Economy.

Last edited:

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies, tell me lies.

zFacts-Reagan-Not-Congress.png

Congress Did Not Cause Reagan's Debt

Reagan's Deficits IMO where Nothing compared to today. Both of course in actual Total, as well as a % of GDP, and of course their Real Effect on the Economy.

I love fiscal conservatism. Lets bring back Reagan.

Reagan took the debt to gdp ratio from 34% to 55%. That is a twenty percent increase.

Forum List

Back