Obama: World wants to see U.S. lead

hey allie know that elitists don't include barbara bush who thinks it's funny that poor people wouldn't mind the suffering they went through in katrina because they're poor to begin with.

:rolleyes:

That IS the only example we set. Nobody has cared whether we lived or dies since the Cold War ended because they have decided they are done needing us. Now we're only as good as what we can give them without it costing them a dime.

Otherwise, we never set any example we don't still set.

this is true. for anyone who has traveled oversees during the cold war as a tourist (i did not, but my father and father-law both did) you know that the people of most foreign countries do not like us. they enjoy living under America's umbrella of protection, but they hate they we 'think' we are superior to - good lord - them.

Speaking only for myself but from ferriner's perspective. BushCheney is an aberration, hopefully. I worry that McCain may be Bush III but I sincerely hope not. If Obama becomes president then it would be fine indeed to see the US return to its pre-BushCheney position of - in an amoral world - sort of moral leadership (hey no-one's perfect) because I don't want to see Russia, India or China in the position of world superpower.

The Bush administration should not be considered an aberration by itself. one has to consider 9/11. you bring a good point about the 'superpower'. if no the US, folks, get ready for diuretic's list become the next powers jockeying for superpower status. when that happens, i would love all the libs to go to china, india or russia and complain about how "unfair" and "mean" they are.

It's sets an example. It tells people, do not FUCK with us or you could be next. Consequently, the world gets a little nervous when dealing with us, because they don't exactly know how we will respond. A little fear is a good thing.

and that is exactly what kept the cold war from becoming the hot nuclear war we all feared. something most libs ignore.

Forum List

Back