Obama: Weak on gas prices!

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Second Presidential Debate: At least twice, the moderator asked Obama if $4 was the new normal for gas prices. He elected not to answer the question during both instances.

Obama has a history of supporting high gas prices. It is clear that that has not changed. Isn't it ironic that he's fond of talking about us feeling less strain in our pocket book; and yet he doesn't get such fundamental issues as gas prices?

Clearly, that story Michelle O told at the DNC of Obama being poor was nothing but a fable.

WoW! I'm re-watching the debate. Obama just said that gas was at $1.86 b/c the economy was down and that if we want low gas prices and a bad economy then we should support Romney. Wow! I mean, I knew he was a hack; but that's f'ing crazy!

Grow up.
You think that the President sets gas prices?

Oil Companies have nothing to do with it?
Deregulation of Commoditiy speculators during the Bush years has nothing to do with it?
Wall Street investors have nothing to do with it?
Competition accross the globe for oil has nothing to do with it?
The Koch brothers have nothing to do with it?
Lack of alternatives has nothing to do with it?
Opec has nothing to do with it?

For Christs sake, get the simple "President sets the price notion" out of your head!
What else does he determine...the price of Beer and shoes?

Think...dont be crazy.

I'm so tired of hearing about gas prices. Bush didn't set the price of gas, Obama doesn't right now and the next president won't either.

The president does not control gas prices. But he/she can influence and makes us dependent on our own fuels. Which is what needs to be done.

The president does not control gas prices. But he/she can influence and makes us dependent on our own fuels. Which is what needs to be done.

So you are for nationalizing the oil industry? If not, please explain what you mean.

So you are for nationalizing the oil industry? If not, please explain what you mean.

Torn issue. I dont like a bigger gov't, but something needs to be done. We all knwo the gov't cant run shit. But like I said, something needs to be done.

Second Presidential Debate: At least twice, the moderator asked Obama if $4 was the new normal for gas prices. He elected not to answer the question during both instances.

1) It was the new normal under Bush, until he sent the economy into a free fall.

2) Do you want laws that force oil companies to sell domestic oil at prices below market value, in America? Who the fuck do you think you are? Caesar Chavez?

Take your commie notions and move to China!

I say give the president the control over gas, oil, energy etc. all the thing people believe he has control over. The Congress sits and watches as the president is accused of doing a bad job passing needed laws. Presidents have long given up the argument that they do not make the laws only enforce them, and too make that argument would seem like a copout. Nope people will continue blaming the presidents for bad laws.
A few times in our history the president has actyakkt had some of the power people believe he has, once was FDR's first hundred days, and in a way we are still living in much of those first 100 days.
The bottom line it is easier to blame one person than 535 so it will go on.

The beauty of the separation of powers is that two of the branches set quietly and enjoy the scenery

Grow up.
You think that the President sets gas prices?

Oil Companies have nothing to do with it?
Deregulation of Commoditiy speculators during the Bush years has nothing to do with it?
Wall Street investors have nothing to do with it?
Competition accross the globe for oil has nothing to do with it?
The Koch brothers have nothing to do with it?
Lack of alternatives has nothing to do with it?
Opec has nothing to do with it?

For Christs sake, get the simple "President sets the price notion" out of your head!
What else does he determine...the price of Beer and shoes?

Think...dont be crazy.

You grow the fuck up asshole. Government has a huge effect on it. And if Bush were in office with gas prices like this, you'd be having a hissy fit. Meantime, you want to just pretend that they don't.

By the way; explain to me why a shitty economy means halfing gas prices? Because that's what your messiah stated.

1) It was the new normal under Bush, until he sent the economy into a free fall.

2) Do you want laws that force oil companies to sell domestic oil at prices below market value, in America? Who the fuck do you think you are? Caesar Chavez?

Take your commie notions and move to China!

So you actually believe that the state of the economy and gas prices are inverses of each other? Show me the economist who believes that bull shit? You can't do it.

Forum List

Back