Obama: We Can't Just Cut Way to Prosperity...

If you don't have a the means to make enough income and your total response is to just stop spending?

Does that really solve your long term problem?

Of course it doesn't.

Well?

That's what's wrong with this nation, folks.

Not only do we spend more than we make, but we don't make enough to begin with.

The solution to Ameirca's economic problems is not SOLELY going to be found in modifying our tax structure.

Putting PEOPLE TO WORK, is the REAL long term solution.

But before we can do that we need to ask ourselves why such a huge percentage of the population can no longer find VIABLE jobs.

And THAT is a problem that neither political party really wants to address.

Nobody is talking about stopping spending.

Reducing it, yes, but that's too much to ask the Democrats to do.

If you don't have a the means to make enough income and your total response is to just stop spending?

Of course it doesn't.

Well?

The solution to Ameirca's economic problems is not SOLELY going to be found in modifying our tax structure.

But before we can do that we need to ask ourselves why such a huge percentage of the population can no longer find VIABLE jobs.

Of course it doesn't.

Well?

Nobody is talking about stopping spending.

Reducing it, yes, but that's too much to ask the Democrats to do.

Democrats? how asking the Republicans also?

that is true, you don't cut investment. you wouldn't cut you money for gas to get you to work out of your budget...that would be stupid.

Course you can cut spending to groups like ACORN.

I think if the government were to cut everything that subsidizes partisanship, meaning buying votes, we wouldn't have any debt.

you could cut useless weapons programs,aid to Israel and most corporate welfare which is used to buy votes also.

And what government spending doesn't buy votes?

Why don't we cut our own throats as well.

Libs are the only folks in this country that think that National Defense and safeguarding foreign oil reserves is a partisan issue that needs to end.

Last edited:

I think if the government were to cut everything that subsidizes partisanship, meaning buying votes, we wouldn't have any debt.

you could cut useless weapons programs,aid to Israel and most corporate welfare which is used to buy votes also.

Libs are the only folks in this country that think that National Defense and safeguarding foreign oil reserves is a partisan issue that needs to end.

This is why no conservative will win a debate on spending cuts. All a liberal has to do is bring up the bloated defense spending and conservatives fold.

Defense is one of the big three spending problems, along with Medicare and social security. Concessions have to made on all three for real progress to be made. We will loose absolutely nothing by closing all foreign military bases, so why not start there?

that is true, you don't cut investment. you wouldn't cut you money for gas to get you to work out of your budget...that would be stupid.

It's false. You don't cut your gas budget, that's just retarded and a horrible comparison. You cut your cable, internet, sell your new car and get an old clunker, stop eating out, stop buying new music, games, and movies. There are a lot of ways you can cut spending without touching the neccessities.

This is why no conservative will win a debate on spending cuts. All a liberal has to do is bring up the bloated defense spending and conservatives fold.

Defense is one of the big three spending problems, along with Medicare and social security. Concessions have to made on all three for real progress to be made. We will loose absolutely nothing by closing all foreign military bases, so why not start there?

Obviously you know little about National Defense.

My suggestion is pulling out of Afghanistan now and stop bombing Libya and Yemen.

It's false. You don't cut your gas budget, that's just retarded and a horrible comparison. You cut your cable, internet, sell your new car and get an old clunker, stop eating out, stop buying new music, games, and movies. There are a lot of ways you can cut spending without touching the neccessities.

My you've lived a sheltered life.

Cash for Clunkers raised the price of used cars.

My suggestion is hang onto that new more fuel-efficient car and get rid of your PC. Then we won't have to read your silly posts.

Of course, the major flaw in your reasoning is that government spending is not investment in the least.

Obviously you know little about National Defense.

My suggestion is pulling out of Afghanistan now and stop bombing Libya and Yemen.

An excellent idea, but needs more. What about Iraq and foreign military bases?

My suggestion is hang onto that new more fuel-efficient car and get rid of your PC. Then we won't have to read your silly posts.

I didn't suggest cash for clunkers. Where the hell did you get that idea?

And sheltered? Hardly. There are more than enough free things to do, and free services to use. Your local library is an fantastic place to use the internet or rent movies.

Agreed... audit the hell out of government contracts including military programs... stop payment to those contractors not doing their jobs, and cut out waste in the military...

BUT.... handouts to groups like ACORN, PP, etc and entitlements for the lazy should not be there in the first place...

I didn't suggest cash for clunkers. Where the hell did you get that idea?

And sheltered? Hardly. There are more than enough free things to do, and free services to use. Your local library is an fantastic place to use the internet or rent movies.

I suggest investing in an English Comp course while you're at it.

Agreed... audit the hell out of government contracts including military programs... stop payment to those contractors not doing their jobs, and cut out waste in the military...

BUT.... handouts to groups like ACORN, PP, etc and entitlements for the lazy should not be there in the first place...

I think you have a good handle on what needs to be done.

Then you'd be interested in this:

SCOTUS Rejects ACORN Appeal for Fed Funding< FOX Business VIDEO

True.

And the government can stop using public tax money to subsidize the private sector.

Got a thread on that..:lol:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...more-public-money-for-the-private-sector.html

Prosperity for whom? Are you talking about Prosperity for the Government or Prosperity for the People because the way you plan on doing it your plan does not include the People.

News Headlines
And yet he says we can conserve energy into energy independence.

Huh.

Prosperity for whom? Are you talking about Prosperity for the Government or Prosperity for the People because the way you plan on doing it your plan does not include the People.

News Headlines
And yet he says we can conserve energy into energy independence.

Huh.

Break out your tire-gages.

Or better yet, just stay home and collect your unemployment check.

Forum List

Back