Obama watches NCAA Basketball Tournament while Japan suffers

I really never expected the President to do much about Japan. He's the President of the United States. Not Japan. True, we can be a good neighbor. But I still think most of the action should come through private charity.

But Obama would rather be the President of China. He said it!!!

Has There Ever Been An American President Who Wanted To Be President Of China? | Flopping Aces

Mr. Obama has told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China. As one official put it, “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.”

What on earth does that have to do with Japan?

Just switch out that 'D' with an 'R' and you Hopey Changey Wingers would be ripping this guy 24/7. 10% Unemployment,Record Poverty,Skyrocketing Gas Prices,and Massive Debt? Yikes! But hey,the Hopey Changey One sure can pick those Basketball Games and play lots of Golf. So all is well i guess. Yea he's got his priorities straight. You're right.

varvelncaapicks.jpg

I ask ANYONE to tell us exactly what Obama should be doing about the situtation in Japan that he isn't already doing.

Just replace that 'D' with an 'R' in front of his name and watch these Hopey Changey Wingers change their tunes immediately. Yea i'm pretty sure they wouldn't be this dismissive if an 'R' was in there with 10% Unemployment,Record Poverty,Skyrocketing Gas Prices,and Massive Debt. Somehow i doubt all this picking Basketball Games and Golfing while so many are suffering would be going over this well with them. What do you think? Something to ponder i guess. I'm out. Have a good night all.

It's symbolic. It's why he is not a true leader. A true leader would realize "I can't do shit about Libya or Japan or the economy right now, but, the public seeing me watch a basketball game while the world burns is poor leadership, the people need something to believe in and I must be a small part of that."

So, there it is. Like Bush in the classroom on 9-11. His reaction couldnt change anything. But he knew the public seeing a calm, firm president was important.

But, we have Obama. Vacations, golf, basketball, parties. No leadership. Whatever. 1-20-2013.

Well, it's symbolic of something alright....:eusa_whistle: But not symbolic about Obama.

You guys seem surprised. Whadya expect? The man's never done a fucking thing in his life.. this is what you get. He's like a college kid avoiding studying... finds any distraction under the sun to take his mind off what he knows he needs to do.

What exactly has Obama done? New health care law, congress wrote that crap. He reached out played nice to muslims and the rest of the world and the mid-east could be spinning out of control. he spent almost a trillion on some useless stimulus and the economy is in the tank, our debt has ballooned and Obama wastes time with golf, vacations, Basketball picks, stupid summits on bullying, he orders the formation of a debt commission to look at the debt, then ignores totally their recommendation., He's not a leader, why is he not leading negotiations on the budget? Who is the leader of the free world Obama? I don't see how anyone can blindly defend this guy, I just don't understand it.

Last edited:
What exactly has Obama done? New health care law, congress wrote that crap. He reached out played nice to muslims and the rest of the world and the mid-east could be spinning out of control. he spent almost a trillion on some useless stimulus and the economy is in the tank, our debt has ballooned and Obama wastes time with golf, vacations, Basketball picks, stupid summits on bullying, he orders the formation of a debt commission to look at the debt, then ignores totally their recommendation., He's not a leader, why is he not leading negotiations on the budget? Who is the leader of the free world Obama? I don't see how anyone can blindly defend this guy, I just don't understand it.

Yes but he's not DA BOOOOOOOOSH. That about sums up the Hopey Changey Wingers. 10% Unemployment,Record Poverty,Skyrocketing Gas Prices,Massive Debt? Don't worry be happy. Picking Basketball Games and endless Golfing while America suffers is just fine because he's not DA BOOOOOOOOOOSH. What can i say,Hopey Changey Wingers are not known for their brilliance. It is what it is. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
You guys seem surprised. Whadya expect? The man's never done a fucking thing in his life.. this is what you get. He's like a college kid avoiding studying... finds any distraction under the sun to take his mind off what he knows he needs to do.

Such tidbits of Rightwing wisdom to behold. :lol::lol::lol:

Well, thanks for the snarky, yet off-topic response. So.... he has done something? A response that recites his accomplishments might have been more useful.

Last edited:

Yes but he's not DA BOOOOOOOOSH. That about sums up the Hopey Changey Wingers. 10% Unemployment,Record Poverty,Skyrocketing Gas Prices,Massive Debt? Don't worry be happy. Picking Basketball Games and endless Golfing while America suffers is just fine because he's not DA BOOOOOOOOOOSH. Hopey Changey Wingers are not known for their brilliance. It is what it is. :cuckoo:

It must an emotional thing, the libs are emotionally invested in Obama they can't see beyond that. No logic there.. none

It's symbolic. It's why he is not a true leader. A true leader would realize "I can't do shit about Libya or Japan or the economy right now, but, the public seeing me watch a basketball game while the world burns is poor leadership, the people need something to believe in and I must be a small part of that."

So, there it is. Like Bush in the classroom on 9-11. His reaction couldnt change anything. But he knew the public seeing a calm, firm president was important.

But, we have Obama. Vacations, golf, basketball, parties. No leadership. Whatever. 1-20-2013.

:lol:

Bush's performance in the classroom was horrible. And disappearing after that was pretty bad as well.

But he made that up by coming and speaking at the site of the attack. That was his finest moment. He showed grit, good humor and compassion. To bad that didn't last.

Leadership has never been his strong point. Maybe his teleprompter is broken?
Somewhere, Jimmy Carter is celebrating..............

Yep, It is really sad to watch. Everyone put such High Hopes in him. Everyone got so wrapped up in the Slogans and over looked the lack of Experience. Now the whole world is paying the price with an Incompetent, Lost, America.

The only thing I am not sure of at this point. Is if it is just incompetence, and inexperience, Or out right willful destructive Behavior. Is he just not a good president, or as some on the far right believe. Is he willfully destroying the US economy, Driving up Energy costs, and projecting utter weakness and incompetence to the world?

I tend to believe the first option, but more and more, as I hear him talk, and see the things he does, I have to wonder. How could someone so good at campaigning, and speaking, be this stupid? Could he really be this stupid? or is he just devious, and cunning.

It's gotta just be that he is overwhelmed and inexperienced, yet to arrogant to take good advice right, He can't really be Evil. Right??

:cool:

He's going to Rio on spring break while the midwest and the northeast is going through record flooding, Moammar is killing people in his own country, three nuclear reactors are in danger of meltdown and food prices are in a spike we haven't seen since Jerry Ford was president. Stay there Mr. president, who needs you?

and bloomberg was in bermuda while ny was snowed in... and chris christie was in disneyworld when nj was...

i love all you i hate government types whining that he isn't holding your hand b/c of something happening in japan.

loons.

Obama was in Hawaii for Christmas and New Year while it snowed in DC ~
I think he should wait another month or two before vacationing so soon. Michelle and the girls just recently had a lovely ski trip in Vail. It leaves an impression of elitism as though they don't have a care in the world.............
They Don't ~

Forum List

Back