Obama Wants To Meet With GOP On Health Care

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by mudwhistle, Feb 8, 2010.

1. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,186
    The last meeting on CSPAN was a positive for Obama. At least after all this time he's finally talking to Republicans.

Problem is during his inauguration speech he promised to end the petty squabbles and begin working with the loyal opposition. Does he honestly think that showing up and appearing to ask them questions after over a year of shutting them out of the process is going make him look like he's really interested in what they have to say and willing to change some of his policies on health care?

So this one meeting erases all of the arrogance of the past year on his part and the Democrats. He wants to show the GOP as the party of no. This is his chance. This is his way of making them look like they aren't willing to work with him, not vice-verse.

Is anyone buying this?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think so.

I do hope the Republicans articulate what issues they believe need to be addressed for real reform, the majority of Americans agree with reform, not wholesale change of system.

I do hope they highlight those issues that Americans are disgusted by that occurred over the past 12 months in both versions of the bill. I expect them to show the pork and bribes present in the Senate version, the more 'conservative of the two.'

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,326
    GOP needs to step to the plate on healthcare

They said they were serious, now its time to show it.

4. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    The individual citizens in this country need to step to the plate for their own healthcare.... many say they seriously need it, so they need to show that they will work whatever they have to to provide for their own personal need

5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,916
    Obama to Republicans: Embrace my Marxist Ideology

Republicans to Obama: Nah.

Libruls: See how Republicans are stifling real progress!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  6. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,186
    Problem is Obama isn't serious.

He's gonna show up with makeup on, a fancy suit, 3-point lighting, and enough BS to make everyone think he's really interested. I think he should show up like he did last night before the Super Bowl with just a long-sleeved shirt on and a pencil and notebook ready to work out the details.

This is a pure Dog and Pony show. We're tired of the lectures and we need him to listen.

And this doesn't mean he's being transparent. We want to see all of the negotiations that are being done....not this.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  7. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    You hit it directly on the head

8. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    But I thought the GOP was blocking health care reform. Why would Obama want to work with people who have been blocking his agenda??

Anyway, back on planet Earth: This is the usual gesture Obama makes when he's done something wrong and been caught at it.
    When he started getting slammed for spending more than every American president since George Washington, combined, he suddenly became the voice of fiscal discipline. Now he is Mr Bipartisan. None of it is true. All of it is a fake.
    The GOP needs to stand firm and discard anything that looks like buying in to Obama's Big Government vision of health care. If they fall for this, they really are suckers.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,326
    GOP needs to show now that they are not just giving lip service. Now that they have a "super majority" of 41% they will be looked at to deliver a workable, afordable solution like the said they would.

Tort reform and interstate competition are not the total solution. Put them in and get us healthcare

10. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Yep. Seems to me I remember hearing that the Reps have been sending OL'BO their plans for healthcare reform from the getgo. The Dems weren't interested in anything they had to offer. Couldn't get anything the floor for a vote. I also remember hearing nothing from the Prez and the Dems except that the Reps are the party of "No".

I doubt serioiusly that he's interested in anything they have to say. Althought self preservation is the strongest motivator of all. Will have to see if he adopts anything they have to offer.

The "dog and pony" show should be interesting, if nothing else.