Obama Wants To Meet With GOP On Health Care

Zero.
Zero.
This is just what I've been saying and you've been disagreeing with. Now you want to agree with me and so are arguing with yourself. Let me know which one wins.

You're missing the point.

The reason for this summit is to get momentum for the Dems to pass the Senate version of the bill. The WH and the Dem leadership already know they're not likely to get any GOP votes for this at this point.

So this whole "bipartisan" thing is just a ruse to energize the base Democrats to vote for something they've already indicated they won't vote for?
That theory is so stupid it must be true! Obama is a political moron, as well as a general moron.

You still don't get it. But I'm not surprised.

:)

You're missing the point.

The reason for this summit is to get momentum for the Dems to pass the Senate version of the bill. The WH and the Dem leadership already know they're not likely to get any GOP votes for this at this point.

So this whole "bipartisan" thing is just a ruse to energize the base Democrats to vote for something they've already indicated they won't vote for?
That theory is so stupid it must be true! Obama is a political moron, as well as a general moron.

You still don't get it. But I'm not surprised.

:)

So please enlighten me on your political genius, since I obviously don't get it.

The last meeting on CSPAN was a positive for Obama. At least after all this time he's finally talking to Republicans.

Problem is during his inauguration speech he promised to end the petty squabbles and begin working with the loyal opposition. Does he honestly think that showing up and appearing to ask them questions after over a year of shutting them out of the process is going make him look like he's really interested in what they have to say and willing to change some of his policies on health care?

So this one meeting erases all of the arrogance of the past year on his part and the Democrats. He wants to show the GOP as the party of no. This is his chance. This is his way of making them look like they aren't willing to work with him, not vice-verse.

Is anyone buying this?

No. For the Republicans are the party of NO.

Just do a reconcilation, run the vote on a real Health Care System on a straight majority vote in both Houses, and tell the Republicans to go to Hell.

People would have far more respect for President Obama if he would do that.

The last meeting on CSPAN was a positive for Obama. At least after all this time he's finally talking to Republicans.

Problem is during his inauguration speech he promised to end the petty squabbles and begin working with the loyal opposition. Does he honestly think that showing up and appearing to ask them questions after over a year of shutting them out of the process is going make him look like he's really interested in what they have to say and willing to change some of his policies on health care?

So this one meeting erases all of the arrogance of the past year on his part and the Democrats. He wants to show the GOP as the party of no. This is his chance. This is his way of making them look like they aren't willing to work with him, not vice-verse.

Is anyone buying this?

Just do a reconcilation, run the vote on a real Health Care System on a straight majority vote in both Houses, and tell the Republicans to go to Hell.

Yeah, buddy!
Do it! Do It! DO IT!

I'd love to see them pull that maneuver. Open gov't for sure.

Is anyone buying this?

He's not about to be pragmatic.

He's an Idealog plain and simple.

He really doesn't care what anyone thinks...he just wants to give the impression he does.

Is anyone buying this?

This is commonly referred to as the "Mike Tyson" strategy. Mike was once quoted as saying, "I'm gonna fuck you 'til you love me."

Nice to see the Democrats seeing eye-to-eye with a great sports icon. :eusa_whistle:

Still can't explain what you meant.
Why am I not surprised?

It's about changing public opinion - even slightly - so that some of the more skittish Dems can get up the gumption to vote for the Senate Bill, thus finally geting something passed and paving the way for reconciliation.

Not saying it'll work, necessarily. Just saying it's a good strategy, the circumstances being as they are right now. Another public dressing-down of the GOP could be just the ticket.

:D

And judging by the reactions of the GOP leadership and their media mouthpieces towards this next summit, it appears they'd rather it not happen, which is another indication that it's a good move.

And judging by the reactions of the GOP leadership and their media mouthpieces towards this next summit, it appears they'd rather it not happen, which is another indication that it's a good move.

The sham of bipartisanship was revealed in Reid's rejection of a compromise bill in favor of playing politics yesterday.

Is anyone buying this?

And they SHOULD be the party of "NO"...and I'll up it a notch to "HELL NO"

WASHINGTON - Coming soon to daytime television: America's long-running civic drama over how to provide better health care to more of its people without breaking the bank.

President Barack Obama summons anxious Democrats and aloof Republicans to a White House summit Thursday — live on C-SPAN and perhaps cable — and gambles that he can save his embattled health care overhaul by the power of persuasion. Adversaries and allies alike were surprised by Obama's invitation to reason together at an open forum, as risky as it is unusual.

Ahead of the meeting, the White House will post on its Web site a health care plan that brings together major elements of the bills passed by House and Senate Democrats last year. Policy is important, but not as critical as the political skill Obama can apply to an impasse that seems close to hopeless in a pivotal congressional election year.

He has two main goals. One is to show the American people that the Democrats' health care plan is reasonable, and much of its complexity reflects the sprawling nature of the insurance system. The other is to argue that lockstep Republican opposition is not reasonable and could spoil a historic opportunity on a problem that concerns all Americans.

Some Republican leaders have questioned whether there's any reason to go to the summit, but a boycott would play into Obama's hands.

:lol: Obama knows what he's doing.

Health care drama headed to daytime TV - Health care reform- msnbc.com

The entire previous plans need to be outright scrpped.

The sinister Cheerleader of the party of "HELL NO" has spoken.

Obama is playing political games at our expense. We've told him NO...we told the Democrats...NO!

The plans from Republicans never saw the light of day in either House of Congress. And NOW Obama wants these 'meetings'?

I say GO to the meetings to the Repubs...but agree to ZERO. Take Notes, and Force Obama and the Democrats to take some notes too.

The biggest 'NOTE' is to SCRAP Both Democrat-Derived plans...and the elements Obama wants too. Neither Obama, nor the Democrats have wiggle room here.

WE the people are watching and the NO trigger is a hair one.

Limited Government involvment should be the basis of ANY plan.

They need to face Obama and the country and explain themselves. Why is that such a problem unless their reasons are specious???

The entire previous plans need to be outright scrpped.

The sinister Cheerleader of the party of "HELL NO" has spoken.

Obama is playing political games at our expense. We've told him NO...we told the Democrats...NO!

The plans from Republicans never saw the light of day in either House of Congress. And NOW Obama wants these 'meetings'?

I say GO to the meetings to the Repubs...but agree to ZERO. Take Notes, and Force Obama and the Democrats to take some notes too.

The biggest 'NOTE' is to SCRAP Both Democrat-Derived plans...and the elements Obama wants too. Neither Obama, nor the Democrats have wiggle room here.

WE the people are watching and the NO trigger is a hair one.

Limited Government involvment should be the basis of ANY plan.

If those are the terms be prepared to see the Dems laugh in the GOP's faces.

Well, I guess all the bipartisanship is so last week. Obama is preparing to get Congress to ram through a bill using reconciliation. Yet more lies and hypocrisy from BarryBoyWonder.

Well, I guess all the bipartisanship is so last week. Obama is preparing to get Congress to ram through a bill using reconciliation. Yet more lies and hypocrisy from BarryBoyWonder.

Obama's Bipartisan means that he's gotten the Left to work with his base, the Far Left Lunatic Moonbat Fringe to accept Obama's Marxist Ideology

Forum List

Back