Obama wants to do away with the filibuster?

The Filibuster is an important option. I feel this way no matter who has the power. If the Republicans proposed doing away with it,i would oppose them.

Not if the democrats were using it to stop a duly elected republican governement, you wouldn't. I remember your opinions on the dems misusing the fillibuster when Dubya was POTUS.

The Filibuster is an important option. I feel this way no matter who has the power. If the Republicans proposed doing away with it,i would oppose them.

Not if the democrats were using it to stop a duly elected republican governement, you wouldn't. I remember your opinions on the dems misusing the fillibuster when Dubya was POTUS.

I think my opinion was stated pretty clearly no? The Filibuster should be maintained. It is an important option. I oppose doing away with it no matter which Party proposes it.

Libo

Please go back and edit this post.....

You forgot the Hopey Changey

Libo

Please go back and edit this post.....

You forgot the Hopey Changey

436_2_46832.jpg

&

pocket-change-2-photo-by-Darren-Hester-on-flikr.jpg

Yes! He wants to do away with the one thing that has held back complete government control.
Never mind that dems used this also including Obama when he was in the senate.

I'm really surprised that we are going to be allowed to vote on Tues.

Willow...

Didn't you get the memo?

The vote has been called off on Tuesday. I hope you are not too inconvenienced

Yes! He wants to do away with the one thing that has held back complete government control.
Never mind that dems used this also including Obama when he was in the senate.

Willow...

Didn't you get the memo?

Give it three pages, willow, and he'll change his mind.

By then he'll realize that without an election, the Dems will continue to look like the only village idiots for another two years........

Willow...

Didn't you get the memo?

By then he'll realize that without an election, the Dems will continue to look like the only village idiots for another two years........

Please stop confusing Willow

The election in fact, was called off for Tuesday. There is no reason for her to leave her cave

Willow...

Didn't you get the memo?

The election in fact, was called off for Tuesday. There is no reason for her to leave her cave

You realize she's emailing the entire Willow Voting Faction, telling them not to bother leaving Tuesday?

:confused:

Damnit, I'm gonna tell Truthmatters about this!!!!:evil:

I like the filabuster, it causes grid lock in DC and when they can't get anything done, they can't make it worse.

But

The idea of saying "We filli it" then going home, is utter bs. If you mean it, you better get your ass on the floor and do what's to be done or keep you whiney mouth shut.

Willow...

Didn't you get the memo?

Cept to piss on yer campfire!

Cept to piss on yer campfire!

Can females do that?

:confused:

I mean, without any special equipment.:redface:

Obama is in dire trouble, and he knows it; there is something amiss in the Obama Whitehouse, we just don't know what... yet.

The GOP will take over the House, and probably the Senate as well. Then watch what the lame-ducks do... it's gonna be scary. Obama is a man on the ropes... it could get very ugly.

Why would anybody defend the fillibuster?

What conceivable usefull purpose does it serve?

We elect 50 senators, when legislation arrives from the house they vote yay or nay, in case of a tie, Dick Cheney breaks it.

Wtf is wrong with that?

We elect 50 senators, when legislation arrives from the house they vote yay or nay, in case of a tie, Dick Cheney breaks it.

Wtf is wrong with that?

The Dick Cheney part

Obama is in dire trouble, and he knows it; there is something amiss in the Obama Whitehouse, we just don't know what... yet.

The GOP will take over the House, and probably the Senate as well. Then watch what the lame-ducks do... it's gonna be scary. Obama is a man on the ropes... it could get very ugly.

I think you are dreaming. The next 2 years will be a legislative quagmire with virtually no legislation passed.

The GOP is no how, no way gonna get 60 seats in the senate and therefore they can't pass anything for the foreseeable future.

Wtf is wrong with that?

The Dick Cheney part

That was the part that wasn't a serious question.

Name one reason why anybody should defend the filibuster?

If they don't do away with it, at least make 'em freaking DO IT. Make them stand up there, night and day, and read from the damn dictionary or something. The way it is now, they can say "I filibuster" and then go down to Barfy's Bar and Grill to smoke cigarettes and drink Rob Roy's. (simplified version)

I totally agree... If it stays, and they use it.... they need to stay there until its over.

ALL OF THEM!

What a bunch of turds we have governing us.

Forum List

Back