so, Obama has enough of that to cover
:LOL:

oh, and like i said, i hope he DOESNT pick him
it would make too much sense
i would much rather see Biden on it
it would make it much easier for McCain to win
:badgrin:

heh...

I don't think so. Biden is butt-kicking in debate. And, frankly, he's more conservative than Obama and has a track record that's pretty impressive.

More interesting will be seeing who McCain picks. Is he going to go for the choice the religious right wants or is he going to pick someone who might actually help his campaign like Ridge?

That would be interesting. I can't imagine it, but I think that might break the Friday afternoon rule anyway. It would certainly be discussed to death by Sunday am. Perhaps it's that he just wants to announce it and then make his Saturday a.m. appearance with the person before the media writes about it to death.

Truth be known, I'm actually hoping for Biden.

An interesting way to look at it ...

I liked Webb for Veep ... I'm not sure what happened him.

If they are looking for a good attack dog then Biden should be their man though I think he's more suited to be Sec State.

heh...

I don't think so. Biden is butt-kicking in debate. And, frankly, he's more conservative than Obama and has a track record that's pretty impressive.

More interesting will be seeing who McCain picks. Is he going to go for the choice the religious right wants or is he going to pick someone who might actually help his campaign like Ridge?
i dont know if Ridge would actually add anything to his campaign
but, he was a pretty popular Gov in PA and PA could be a battleground state, and NJ might go in play too
not likely, but there are a ton of possibilities
i think Lieberman would absolutely kill McCain
it would divide the party and that would ensure a dem victory

An interesting way to look at it ...

I liked Webb for Veep ... I'm not sure what happened him.

If they are looking for a good attack dog then Biden should be their man though I think he's more suited to be Sec State.
yeah, if they can keep Biden on a short leash
hes been know to say some pretty stupid things

and by stupid, i mean racist

heh...

Yep!

Plus, he can flat out rail away with the best of 'em ... his rants on the Senate floor powerful and quite entertaining.

I'm not so sure about Ridge ... a pro-choice Veep with the advanced aged McCain might be a problem.

Yep!

Plus, he can flat out rail away with the best of 'em ... his rants on the Senate floor powerful and quite entertaining.

I'm not so sure about Ridge ... a pro-choice Veep with the advanced aged McCain might be a problem.
not if it tips PA to McCain

Last edited:
Looking at the RCP national average is a waste. It's estimating popular vote. Look at their predictions for electoral votes. Their estimates show that if there are no toss up states, McCain wins by 10 electoral votes. FiveThirtyEight shows that Obama wins by less than 7 electoral votes. I haven't looked to see which state(s) they have different.

If McCain can wrestle Michigan or Pennsylvania away from Obama, it's game over. If he wrestles them both away, Obama may as well save his money.

One thing is clear: the more people get to know Obama, the less they like him. He had his moment in the sun last year when his fame was through the roof. Then people really started to look at the guy, and listen to the guy. The longer he's in this race, the less are his chances of winning it.

Oh, and I find it interesting that McCain is winning states where he's spent little to no money, like Indiana and Florida. Obama's poured millions into those states and fought hard for them. McCain continues to gain in both, without even trying.

Last edited:
imo, that all depends on whether the farmers and small town folk turn out in force. there looks to be a lot of excitement here for obama in the cities

It's like that in every state. Obama shines in cities, and falls flat on his face in rural areas. Clinton won states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kentucky for this reason alone. She almost won Missouri, but Springfield, St. Louis, and Kansas City all had turnouts enough to outnumber the rural areas.

And trust me, the farmers and small town folk are more likely to turn out than the city crowd. Remember, they are all "bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them."

It's like that in every state. Obama shines in cities, and falls flat on his face in rural areas. Clinton won states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Kentucky for this reason alone. She almost won Missouri, but Springfield, St. Louis, and Kansas City all had turnouts enough to outnumber the rural areas.

And trust me, the farmers and small town folk are more likely to turn out than the city crowd. Remember, they are all "bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them."

Oh god I forgot about that one. :eusa_shifty:

for the first time since i could vote, i do not know at this point who i am voting for. or worse if i will vote. my family has split...2 obamas....1 mccain and me ...undecided. I would love someone with a brillant mind and mentality to enlighten me. I am too confused to decide at this point. I hear the left mentioned his being a pow and having an "uncontrolable temper" ...i am sorry I have more respect for any pow than to say any thing critical of them on their service records. I do find McCain a bit of a loose cannon.
I am scared of him in the wars. one scenario he steps it up ....lets the men who know what their doing...not politicians...tell him what they need to win...i did not say withdraw i said win. as you can see, i have quite the condronum....i want peace....i remember the first time in my life...our country was at peace....vietnam was a long war....i hoped i would never see war again...well hope in one hand and shit in the other....here we are.

so we got mccain one term only, due to his age, so who he picks as vp is very important...

then we got obama...hell i am a yellow dog democrat and i cant stomach him. i feel like i am at the worlds gone crazy cottillion and everyone is dancing alone.

So please, give it your best shot and tell me why either canadidate is worthy of my vote.

for the first time since i could vote, i do not know at this point who i am voting for. or worse if i will vote. my family has split...2 obamas....1 mccain and me ...undecided. I would love someone with a brillant mind and mentality to enlighten me. I am too confused to decide at this point. I hear the left mentioned his being a pow and having an "uncontrolable temper" ...i am sorry I have more respect for any pow than to say any thing critical of them on their service records. I do find McCain a bit of a loose cannon.
I am scared of him in the wars. one scenario he steps it up ....lets the men who know what their doing...not politicians...tell him what they need to win...i did not say withdraw i said win. as you can see, i have quite the condronum....i want peace....i remember the first time in my life...our country was at peace....vietnam was a long war....i hoped i would never see war again...well hope in one hand and shit in the other....here we are.

so we got mccain one term only, due to his age, so who he picks as vp is very important...

then we got obama...hell i am a yellow dog democrat and i cant stomach him. i feel like i am at the worlds gone crazy cottillion and everyone is dancing alone.

So please, give it your best shot and tell me why either canadidate is worthy of my vote.
honestly, i can't
neither of them are really worthy of my vote
but i will likely still vote for McCain if my state is close enough that he could win
if it stays the way it is right now, i might just switch and vote for the constitution party as a protest vote

Another independent? Go figure.

Us Dems need Biden. Now I'm sure of it. Every other Democrat is a pussy. Biden is my pick. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back