Obama Urges Soviet-Style Voting Laws

Here's more of that Hope and Change for you!!! He wants to get lazy Democrats off their couches and into the voting booths. :ahole-1:

At what point does he totally wish to do away with our basic freedoms? Read more of this stupidity @ Obama Urges Soviet-Style Voting Laws WITH LINKS!
Damn and we have an ally called Australia that operates with an oppressive Stalanistic required voting requirement, damn communist....!!

So, you like being an uninformed fool, you're even proud of it.

Wow

Well thanks for being honest :lol:
You are too stupid to get it I see.

No surprise I guess
You said that being an uninformed tool is better than being a liberal. Those were your words. You tiled yourself into a corner so to speak. Thanks for the laugh, dipshit.
No what I said was I'd GLADLY be seen as a tool or any other adjective for that matter than a fucking lib
Nope. That's not what you said.

I said:
j.e.d said:
You remain a blind partisan tool who asks how high when Fox tells you to jump.

To which you replied:
Grampa Murked U said:
I'll take that over being a liberal ANY DAY

:rofl:
What a dumb ass
The only dumb ass is the one telling me what I ment.

Fucking queer
You mean like pepperment? Or Department??? Which one is spelled correctly?

If people are disgusted by all the available "major" candidates and don't want to vote, they will no longer be allowed to make that choice.

Obama is proposing that people be forced to vote even if they don't want to. Apparently he feels there aren't enough regulations and restrictions on the American people, and he wants more.

He has not yet announced what punishment they would get if they tried to not vote. But I'm sure he'll get around to it.

And it would just be a matter of time before the Supreme Court declared that the punishment wasn't a penalty, but just a tax.

The Constitution says clearly that poll taxes are forbidden. But how about a tax for NOT going to the polls?

Is there anything Obama won't try to impose on us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandatory voting Obama says it would be transformative - Yahoo News

Mandatory voting? Obama says it would be 'transformative'

Associated Press
By JOSH LEDERMAN
18 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — They say the only two things that are certain in life are death and taxes. President Barack Obama wants to add one more: voting.

Obama floated the idea of mandatory voting in the U.S. while speaking to a civic group in Cleveland on Wednesday. Asked about the corrosive influence of money in U.S. elections, Obama digressed into the related topic of voting rights and said the U.S. should be making it easier — not harder— for people to vote.

"If everybody voted, then it would completely change the political map in this country," Obama said, calling it potentially transformative. Not only that, Obama said, but universal voting would "counteract money more than anything."

Disproportionately, Americans who skip the polls on Election Day are younger, lower-income and more likely to be immigrants or minorities, Obama said.
If it is like Australia, they will be allowed to vote for NOBODY if they wish, but they still have to show up at the Polls to do so.

Mandatory voting. How can 're be free if we can't even choose whether to vote?

And who will force those who are sick to come out and vote? Who will vote for the rest registered dead? What is the punishment for not voting?

Here's a question for those who favor making voting mandatory. Do you also favor making it mandatory that in order to vote you must take and pass a test on the issues and the candidates positions on them? Surly if you want it mandatory that everyone vote you would want everyone to be knowledgeable on the issues and candidates as well right?

All you need to know is which candidate you want to represent you
That's all you need to know huh you just need to know I like this one you don't need to know anything about the issues they will be dealing with where the candidate stands on them or where they may have stood on them in the past. So making it mandatory everyone vote is good as is having them be as low information and uniniformed as they like wow.
That is all you need to know

Which candidate you feel will represent you the best. It may be just one issue that is of concern to you....but you still have a right to pick your representative

A bum sleeping beneath an underpass has as much a right to vote as a CEO

Great country isn't it?

And who will force those who are sick to come out and vote? Who will vote for the rest registered dead? What is the punishment for not voting?
Google Australia, elections and voting...it will give you an idea of how it works....there anyway...

So, you like being an uninformed fool, you're even proud of it.

Wow

Well thanks for being honest :lol:
You are too stupid to get it I see.

No surprise I guess
You said that being an uninformed tool is better than being a liberal. Those were your words. You tiled yourself into a corner so to speak. Thanks for the laugh, dipshit.
No what I said was I'd GLADLY be seen as a tool or any other adjective for that matter than a fucking lib
Nope. That's not what you said.

I said:
j.e.d said:
You remain a blind partisan tool who asks how high when Fox tells you to jump.

To which you replied:
Grampa Murked U said:
I'll take that over being a liberal ANY DAY

:rofl:
What a dumb ass
The only dumb ass is the one telling me what I ment.

Fucking queer
Awe poor little butthurt bitch. Go wipe your pussy

FYI - BOTH political parties need uninformed voters to win an election, not just the Democrats. Political division keeps politicians in business. As long as we argue over one party being better than the other, we're playing right into the hands of ALL professional politicians. Division is our enemy, and unity is politicians enemy. A united citizenry is the worst fear of professional politicians. They (politicians) know that most voters aren't smart enough to figure it out, so they continue to play one side against the other, laughing and enjoying the show. And, we wonder why this country is in the mess that it's in. Go figure.

A united citizenry is never going to happen. It didn't even happen during the Revolution.

It's time you learned to accept that fact.
FYI - I accepted that fact many years ago, probably before you were born.

Then why do you keep preaching it in this forum?

The bottom line is that our government is never going to be reform through elections. Secession is the only solution.

Here's a question for those who favor making voting mandatory. Do you also favor making it mandatory that in order to vote you must take and pass a test on the issues and the candidates positions on them? Surly if you want it mandatory that everyone vote you would want everyone to be knowledgeable on the issues and candidates as well right?

All you need to know is which candidate you want to represent you
That's all you need to know huh you just need to know I like this one you don't need to know anything about the issues they will be dealing with where the candidate stands on them or where they may have stood on them in the past. So making it mandatory everyone vote is good as is having them be as low information and uniniformed as they like wow.
That is all you need to know

Which candidate you feel will represent you the best. It may be just one issue that is of concern to you....but you still have a right to pick your representative

A bum sleeping beneath an underpass has as much a right to vote as a CEO

Great country isn't it?
Yes but the thread premis was not about having the right to vote which we already do but making voting mandatory which it is not under the current system the person sleeping under the bridge and the CEO has the right to vote or choose not to. However if are going to change things and make it the law that both must vote and take the choice away from them you should also make sure both know who and what they are voting for.

Democracy isn't about freedom. It's about legitimacy for the gang in power.

Forum List

Back