Obama tries to play politics with gas prices

it was a temp one because of the spill..

It was temporary and unneccessary. They didn't have to close them all down in order to do the cleanup. That is the point I was getting at.

he closed them down to make sure no other mishaps would happen due to massive fuckups from people.

it was perfectly reasonable and now its over. The problem was impatient people who want everything done now.

We will disagree on it being reasonable, i don't think it was.

Regardless it is good we are getting our own energy out of the gulf again.

it was a temp one because of the spill..

It was temporary and unneccessary. They didn't have to close them all down in order to do the cleanup. That is the point I was getting at.

he closed them down to make sure no other mishaps would happen due to massive fuckups from people.

it was perfectly reasonable and now its over. The problem was impatient people who want everything done now.

It actually ended because the courts ordered Obama to lift it. Also, by then dozens of platforms had already left for other countries. I'm not saying a temporary halt was necessarily bad but it didn't need to be that damn long just to inspect the other rigs for similar faulty equipment. It did cost us in the end weather you're willing to admit it or not.

It actually ended because the courts ordered Obama to lift it. Also, by then dozens of platforms had already left for other countries. I'm not saying a temporary halt was necessarily bad but it didn't need to be that damn long just to inspect the other rigs for similar faulty equipment. It did cost us in the end weather you're willing to admit it or not.

I forgot about those who left for places like brazil during the moratorium, good point.

It's costing me about 170 bucks a week to fuel my truck. Please stop the subsidies so that cost will increase. Pahlease

:eusa_boohoo:

"Last year, ExxonMobil, one of the world’s most profitable companies, earned $1,300 in profits per second. As consumers paid record-high springtime gas prices, Exxon posted first quarter profits of $9.45 billion.

This is down slightly from the first quarter of 2011, when Exxon posted $10.65 billion in profits. Exxon benefited from the high price of oil, but analysts expected slightly lower profits due in part to the cheap price of natural gas, which the company is heavily invested in.

A by-the-numbers look shows how Exxon’s executives and Big Oil’s allies are rewarded generously for the company’s billions, while Americans are stuck with rising gas bills.

Exxon not only used 60 percent of its Q1 profits to buy back its stocks, enriching executives and largest shareholders, but it funnels money through political groups like American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and American Petroleum Institute, to influence legislation in its favor."

Last edited:
Um, you DO know that Obama asked for more money to fund the oil speculation police and CONZ said "NO," right?

During the 2007 gas price spike, about 60% of the price of oil was speculation.

Want to do something about high gas prices? End speculation on people who will neither use, nor are capable of taking delivery of, the commodity they are purchasing or betting on the price.

So no more precious metals etfs? No one can invest in pork bellies or lean hogs if they're not taking delivery of them?

If we banned all investments that didn't involve the investor taking delivery we might as well not even have a market. Most people don't even take physical delivery of their stock certificates. Should we stop allowing those investments too?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZNP4tTfV0]Sen. Barack Obama's answer to meeting energy demands - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back