Obama to top brass: Will you fire on american citizens?

I'll fire something else at the bastards if they come around!
Do you not realize, advocating armed rebellion against the government is against the law and probably the most un-American thing you could do. Because what it say's, is that you do not support American values.

BTW, it's "basturd".

They write legislation that gives the government the right to fire on "those suspected of terrorist activities". It passes easily because everyone wants to kill the terrorists. THEN they change the meaning of the word "terrorist" to include anyone who says negative things about our government. We all saw the memo sent out by Napolitano, advising law enforcement that war veterans returning home could be "lone wolf terrorists", or "single issue voters", people who oppose abortion, etc. Basically, anyone who they can identify as being in disagreement with them. Better wake up.

I believe that when our founders first set up our government they were only trying to delay what they knew would inevitably happen. Money controls government, and government ultimately becomes corrupt. There have been peaceful revolutions, but unfortunately it usually ends in bloodshed.

I agree that an informed republic would help, but that is like saying that if everyone was nice to each other there would be world peace. History repeats itself due to human nature.
When it comes to down to my patriotic duty to my country, I only care about my personal responsibility to become well-informed before I enter the voting booth. The only thing I can control, is myself. I have no interest in controlling others.

The government is a reflection of us. If there is corruption in government, it's because there is corruption in our lives. If we want a better government, we first have to become a better society.

There is a reason the Founding Fathers gave the overall control of the country, to federal government. After all the shit they went to create this nation, they weren't going to give the states the right to break it up.

I agree that our government is a reflection of ourselves. That is why I said history repeats itself due to human nature. The founders didn't set up a perfect government, because no such thing exists. One of these days America will be replaced by a new "great nation", and the same thing will happen. Rinse and repeat throughout human history.

Obama is not on record saying any such thing. I wouldn't hold your breath on the mystery source either.

He doesn't have to be on record saying it. They caught him mouthing it by the same lip reader who saw "All this for a flag." :razz:

China to Build Cities and Economic Zones in Michigan and Idaho

Henry Zhengin
Business,Entrepreneurship

This "Chinese city" has undoubtedly contributed to local concerns over the uncertainty of allowing such a high concentration of Chinese immigrants who may not integrate with the community and possibly bring a slice of Communist rule onto American soil.

In a more successful maneuver, the state-owned China National Offshore Oil Corporation's (CNOOC) $2.2 billion investment in U.S.-owned Chesapeake Energy is the largest purchase of an interest in U.S. energy assets.

However, these political problems have not hindered Chinese business interests in the U.S. The allure of America's business and industrial climate has drawn Chinese investors and developers who are, among other reasons, avoiding exorbitant real-estate prices in China's metropolitan areas. Exactly why Milan and the other places are being chosen has been largely left to local speculation.

Whether the Chinese government or businessmen have other agenda besides economic development remains to be seen, but for the time being, there are American states and towns willing to embrace an influx of capital, regardless of where it's from. Because as Idaho's Lieutenant Governor Brad Little says, “Asia’s where the money is.”

China to Build Cities and Economic Zones in Michigan and Idaho

NBC News Exclusive: Drone strike white paper

Mon Feb 4, 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans
By Michael Isikoff

National Investigative Correspondent, NBC News

A confidential Justice Department memo concludes that the U.S. government can order the killing of American citizens if they are believed to be “senior operational leaders” of al-Qaida or “an associated force” -- even if there is no intelligence indicating they are engaged in an active plot to attack the U.S.

NBC News Exclusive: Drone strike white paper - The Maddow Blog

madcow007.gif

Jihadist, I take it that you do support the above or you don't? I don't. And if the Repubs would make a big deal about the illegality of these actions, I would (and this is hard for me to write) I would support the Repubs in getting this craziness stopped.

Killing Americans based on what someone in the adminastration "feels" about someone is fuking crazy. From what I read earlier, the admin doesn't even have to have proof that an American citizen is doing something against the US government. Just that they MAY do something. This is nuts.

Show me where in the COTUS, the office of President gets to decide who is guilty and who deserves to die.

I love threads like this....

Blatant propaganda to terrorize the dim witted into believing that Obama is plotting a Nationwide confiscation and is gearing up the military to kill US citizens

NRA is doing its job

If even a small portion of all the weird crap being reported is true.....you'd be crazy not to be concerned.
Just way to much crap to ignore.
World economy screwed up. Amassing huge amounts of debt with apparently no plans to stop spending.
And the various stories about HS buying mass amounts of ammo and weapons.

Honestly I hope this is all BS. If it's not this country is in for a world of shit.

Obama is gunna take your guns!

Send your donations to the NRA to stop it

Obama is gunna take your guns!

Send your donations to the NRA to stop it

Whether or not I send a donation has no bearing on the issue.
And besides I live in Texas. Not to worried about it happening here.
It's you poor slobs in lib land who should worry.

I wouldn't be so sure...

You know how sneaky Obama is and how much he hates Texas

If I were you, I would spend whatever money you have and buy more guns and ammunition. You can never be too safe

obama believes that he has the right and the power to kill Americans under circumstances so vague that it doesn't pretend to have definition. Without trial, without evidence, without even suspicion. The strikes will be within the government's power if the intended target is a member of Al Quaeda or an Associated Force. Whatever an associated force is, in the opinion of the white house.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/020413_DOJ_White_Paper.pdf

One thing you might notice. The paper initially gives the power to conduct operations only in a foreign country. A few lines down, that's struck out. As is the necessity of the associated force actually having any affiliation with Al Quaeda. As defined in the paper, they need to only be co-belligerent.

On the one hand, taking immediate action to murder American citizens without trial, evidence or even charges is understandable. We have been raising muslim terrorists for a generation within our borders. Those we haven't raised, we've happily given citizenship. We've made islamic terrorists naturalized citizens. What's more, the white house is anxious to give legal status to an unknown number of islamic militants along with millions of others, law abiding and law breaking alike.

What it comes down to, is can this president be trusted to use this power to protect the country or an excuse for further abuse?

obama believes that he has the right and the power to kill Americans under circumstances so vague that it doesn't pretend to have definition. Without trial, without evidence, without even suspicion. The strikes will be within the government's power if the intended target is a member of Al Quaeda or an Associated Force. Whatever an associated force is, in the opinion of the white house.

One thing you might notice. The paper initially gives the power to conduct operations only in a foreign country. A few lines down, that's struck out. As is the necessity of the associated force actually having any affiliation with Al Quaeda. As defined in the paper, they need to only be co-belligerent.

On the one hand, taking immediate action to murder American citizens without trial, evidence or even charges is understandable. We have been raising muslim terrorists for a generation within our borders. Those we haven't raised, we've happily given citizenship. We've made islamic terrorists naturalized citizens. What's more, the white house is anxious to give legal status to an unknown number of islamic militants along with millions of others, law abiding and law breaking alike.

What it comes down to, is can this president be trusted to use this power to protect the country or an excuse for further abuse?

No what it comes down to is are we as Americans gonna let any President exercise powers that don't exist in the COTUS. This started under Bush, expanded under Obama and will expand under any presidents after Obama unless a stop is put to it.

And this is THE issue the Repubs could use to successfully beat up on Obama and gain some much needed support among people that don't usually vote Rethug.

But to read the highlighted part from a person that claime to be an attorney is amazing. But I have read some ignorant posts of your before. But still...........where in the COTUS does it give Presidents this power? Or are you now against the COTUS when before you were all for the COTUS?

Good. If faced with nut-job-citizens armed with deadly weapons in an open rebellion against our country and there is no other option? Damn right they should. IMO.

Forum List

Back