Obama to send U.S. Troops to Moscow to March in Parade Celebrating Stalins Red Army.

It is unAmerican. We should have took Pattons advice along with Heinrich Himmler, rearmed the Nazi's and fought the Russians all the way back to Moscow and defeated them destroying communism. The world would be a much better place today.

the russians would have kicked our ass, with or without the germans.

you're not too bright are you?
Look Hitler kept them bogged down in Stalingrad and cut off their food supplies and damn near starved the commie bastards. It was only the Harsh Winter that saved their commie asses. Also you must not have much faith in the American Military. We had a power house Navy we could have used against their post WW1 Fleet which was crap in the Baltic Sea. Also they didn't even have a bomber fleet and fighter planes compared to ours. All they had basically was the russian YAK fighter. No, we would have whipped their asses good. Hell we had captured V2 rocket program scientist that eventually put us in space and on the moon. The Soviets were no match for us.

Earlier answered and refuted. We would have lost, period. Let's move on.

the russians would have kicked our ass, with or without the germans.

you're not too bright are you?
Look Hitler kept them bogged down in Stalingrad and cut off their food supplies and damn near starved the commie bastards. It was only the Harsh Winter that saved their commie asses. Also you must not have much faith in the American Military. We had a power house Navy we could have used against their post WW1 Fleet which was crap in the Baltic Sea. Also they didn't even have a bomber fleet and fighter planes compared to ours. All they had basically was the russian YAK fighter. No, we would have whipped their asses good. Hell we had captured V2 rocket program scientist that eventually put us in space and on the moon. The Soviets were no match for us.

as I said before, he'd just use a-bombs.

Great...so how about you and I go down south and celebrate the legacy od one of the largest slave owners who had the largest and most successful plantation in history.

Afterall, what does it matter now. Slavery is illegal!

Be glad to go down and party with you anytime Oldtimer..

But the Cold War has ended......Russia is no longer the badguy

We were their ally 55 years ago when they marched into Berlin. Lets celebrate how we mutually defeated Hitler (Russia did most of the work)

GO USA
Do you agree with Russia selling Arms and advanced Radar Systems to Iran?

As much as RWR supporting Iran. Same same, kiddo.

No, we would not.

First, we had three, which were committed to test and against Japan. The Brits and the French would not have let us use such weapons from their air bases. We had no more in the pipe line for at least nine months.

Two, the Russians would have been sitting on the Atlantic Ocean by then.

Please don't be delusional.

That's right Butch, the late great Ronald Reagan. The one you NEVER served under, poser!

I served under him, and I watched dozens of officers and hundreds of NCOs leave because of RR's support of Iran.

I served under him and while he gave us a nice pay raise at the beginning, he took us for granted after awhile...and I remember pilots leaving in droves for the airlines.

That's right Butch, the late great Ronald Reagan. The one you NEVER served under, poser!

I served under him, and I watched dozens of officers and hundreds of NCOs leave because of RR's support of Iran.

I served under him and while he gave us a nice pay raise at the beginning, he took us for granted after awhile...and I remember pilots leaving in droves for the airlines.
If pilots were leaving in droves, the rest of us WHO WERE ACTUALLY SERVING UNDER HIM would have known about it. It would have been all over the media also. Bottom line, you're lying your fucking ass off, Butch.

You posers make me fuckin' sick.

TwistedWanker is now lying, and I now suspect he was never in the service, or never served more than at the grades of E3 or E4. His comment above is unadulterated crap, and it and he should be treated as such.

What bodicea and I attested to can be confirmed by any vets of the eighties who achieved ranks of position and authority and who are willing to be honest before supporting political view.

No, we would not.

First, we had three, which were committed to test and against Japan. The Brits and the French would not have let us use such weapons from their air bases. We had no more in the pipe line for at least nine months.

Two, the Russians would have been sitting on the Atlantic Ocean by then.

Please don't be delusional.

I'm not being delusional. I am saying that is what US army retired would do.

TwistedWanker is now lying, and I now suspect he was never in the service, or never served more than at the grades of E3 or E4. His comment above is unadulterated crap, and it and he should be treated as such.

What bodicea and I attested to can be confirmed by any vets of the eighties who achieved ranks of position and authority and who are willing to be honest before supporting political view.
What you and Butch attested to was the fact that you're full of fucking shit, and nothing more than a couple o' disgusting posers.

There ought to be a law against posers, going beyond what's already been established.

God, I hate fucking posers!:evil:

And Stalin being part of it..and his image pl;aying a major role in the celebration...should give anyone good reason to question joining the celebration.

Hitler was a major contributor to the success of Mercedes...

If Hitlers image were used in a centennial celebration for Mercedes, would you question those that participated?

Apples and oranges. Britain, France and the US are participating in this. To refuse - simply because SOME are using it as means of heralding Stalin, would be quite a slap in the face to the Russians and ignoring the larger historical context.

Ahhh...and I agree.....but who are the "some"?

If it is simply people on the streets..perhaps a political organization.....even a large minority...then I agree with you.

But is it?

Or is it the Russian Government that will be using Stalin and his image as a major role in the celebration?

The only ones celebrating Stalin are the Russian version of the Tea Baggers

Apples and oranges. Britain, France and the US are participating in this. To refuse - simply because SOME are using it as means of heralding Stalin, would be quite a slap in the face to the Russians and ignoring the larger historical context.

If it is simply people on the streets..perhaps a political organization.....even a large minority...then I agree with you.

But is it?

Or is it the Russian Government that will be using Stalin and his image as a major role in the celebration?

Disgusting Russian faggots are going to celebrate Stalin?.... That's quite interesting.

Ya' ought to catch a plane over there RW. Maybe you can get one of those russian faggots to tea bag ya'!

After all, you disgusting gay types just love a parade, and licking each others balls!

:razz:

Last edited:

But is it?

so you're comparing Palin and Tancredo to Stalin?

But is it?

Yep. And one of the articles in the OP even talks about the issues they are having in Russia with the perceived reconstructing of Stalin's rep.

But is it?

Disgusting Russian faggots are going to celebrate Stalin?.... That's quite interesting.

Ya' ought to catch a plane over there RW. Maybe you can get one of those russian faggots to tea bag ya'!

After all, you disgusting gay types just love a parade, and licking each others balls!

:razz:

Good ole' Wicked. Always good for the insightful observations. :lol:

But is it?

Yep. And one of the articles in the OP even talks about the issues they are having in Russia with the perceived reconstructing of Stalin's rep.

Same old longing for "the good ole days"

And Stalin being part of it..and his image pl;aying a major role in the celebration...should give anyone good reason to question joining the celebration.

Hitler was a major contributor to the success of Mercedes...

If Hitlers image were used in a centennial celebration for Mercedes, would you question those that participated?

I should add....this is a really inappropriate metaphor.

USSR lost 9 million in military casualties and 19 million in civilian deaths (including the horrific seige of Leningrad). I don't think we, in this country can comprehend that level of destruction. While that doesn't minimize what Stalin did, the WW2 victory is a HUGE deal in Russia, and in Europe. More so then it is in the US, where we were not so directly touched with 300,000 military deaths, and zero civilian. Perhaps because of that it's impossible to understand what that means to Russia and Europe.
Hitler did nothing compared to Stalin. The real Holocaust is what Stalin did in killing 25 million.

In your attempt to make a political statement on Stalin you neglect the obvious - in this particular celebration, a celebration that has been going on every year since the event - it doesn't matter - not to the Russians, not to Europe - and THEY, not the U.S. were the ones that suffered the brunt of Hitler. If they want want to celebrate the allied victory over the Nazi's - who are you to make it into some sort of political shinding because you hate Obama and Stalin was part of the allied forces? It is the defeat of Germany - not Stalin, that is being marked.

But is it?

It's really not surprising that they are attempting to whitewash Stalin - Russia has long had a chip on it's shoulder in regards to international prestige, and following the fall of communism it's people have suffered terribly - corruption, violence, decreased life spans, health, poverty and loss of jobs, and rule by gangs. At least communism, for all it's failings - was predictable and they were a world power. There is a lot of national prestige involved in this - in the Soviets defeat of Hitler's Germany through horrible hardships, and in it's attempts to once again regain a foothold in the international arena.

Ironically...this whitewashing is not unique to Russia. Look at how our own nostalgic wingnuts try to whitewash McCarthy.

Forum List

Back