Obama to send U.S. Troops to Moscow to March in Parade Celebrating Stalins Red Army.

Look Hitler kept them bogged down in Stalingrad and cut off their food supplies and damn near starved the commie bastards. It was only the Harsh Winter that saved their commie asses. Also you must not have much faith in the American Military. We had a power house Navy we could have used against their post WW1 Fleet which was crap in the Baltic Sea. Also they didn't even have a bomber fleet and fighter planes compared to ours. All they had basically was the russian YAK fighter. No, we would have whipped their asses good. Hell we had captured V2 rocket program scientist that eventually put us in space and on the moon. The Soviets were no match for us.

yeah, they only had 2.5 million men ; 6,250 tanks; 7,500 aircraft; 41,600 artillery pieces and mortars; 3,255 truck-mounted Katyushas rockets within 100 miles of berlin. all of their lines of communication were much shorter than what u.s. would have had, and the brits probably would have walked away.

walk in the park, right?

idiot
US army retired would just drop a-bombs.

out of b-52s...

Great...so how about you and I go down south and celebrate the legacy od one of the largest slave owners who had the largest and most successful plantation in history.

Afterall, what does it matter now. Slavery is illegal!

Be glad to go down and party with you anytime Oldtimer..

But the Cold War has ended......Russia is no longer the badguy

We were their ally 55 years ago when they marched into Berlin. Lets celebrate how we mutually defeated Hitler (Russia did most of the work)

GO USA
Do you agree with Russia selling Arms and advanced Radar Systems to Iran?

If we are going to reign in Iran we will need Russia as an ally not an adversary

Obama must not realize that Russian parades are a blast!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHWhs5QkfuY]YouTube - Parade surprise (Chechnya 2004)[/ame]

The fun starts at about a minute and 20 seconds into the video.

yeah, they only had 2.5 million men ; 6,250 tanks; 7,500 aircraft; 41,600 artillery pieces and mortars; 3,255 truck-mounted Katyushas rockets within 100 miles of berlin. all of their lines of communication were much shorter than what u.s. would have had, and the brits probably would have walked away.

walk in the park, right?

idiot

out of b-52s...

of all the conspiracy theories, the patton one may have some credence.

We were their ally 55 years ago when they marched into Berlin. Lets celebrate how we mutually defeated Hitler (Russia did most of the work)

GO USA

If we are going to reign in Iran we will need Russia as an ally not an adversary

Now THAT is a cold hard truth.

Ummmmm....

The Cold War is OVER......Russia is an Ally now

Great...so how about you and I go down south and celebrate the legacy od one of the largest slave owners who had the largest and most successful plantation in history.

GO USA

Why is it some people are so afraid of letting go of past grudges. We won. The Cold War is over. We did NOT win WWII by ourselves. The Russians have a lot to celebrate...AS RUSSIANS, not Soviets. Let's party with them. Besides the vodka is great.

I beg to differ. Russia is ruled by a thug regime that routinely murders political opponents and those who attempt to expose the country's corruption. Oh, yes, and they've also enjoyed murdering tens of thousands of civilians in Chechnya over the past decade or so.

Lets send our Tanks right down Red Square

USA...USA...USA
How about we just stay home and let the russians celebrate their march into Berlin?

We have no business being there.

We have no business marching our troops in ANY of their parades.

How about we take the money we save from transporting those troops over there, and invest into more worthwhile things like, oh I don't, VA healthcare!

Fuck Russia!

Fuck Obama!

GO USA

Why is it some people are so afraid of letting go of past grudges. We won. The Cold War is over. We did NOT win WWII by ourselves. The Russians have a lot to celebrate...AS RUSSIANS, not Soviets. Let's party with them. Besides the vodka is great.

people don't like celebrating with A FEW people who are carrying pictures of Stalin.

GO USA
Why not...we've sold arms to Iran too.

GO USA

people don't like celebrating with A FEW people who are carrying pictures of Stalin.

WHAAAAAAT? But I heard taht it was going to be BUILDING TALL pictures of Stalin. Surely Wicked Jester isn't lying.....no, wait.......nevermind.

WHAAAAAAT? But I heard taht it was going to be BUILDING TALL pictures of Stalin. Surely Wicked Jester isn't lying.....no, wait.......nevermind.

well, I'm not sure about the size of the pictures. Let me do some research. He WAS voted the third greatest Russian of all time.

GO USA
Why not...we've sold arms to Iran too.
Keep posting, Butch.

You just supply us with cannon fodder.

You're abject stupidity knows no bounds.

walk in the park, right?

idiot

out of b-52s...
No. At the time we used the B-29 Superfortress long range Bomber. Proof that you do know know your Military. I thought small Germany did a pretty good job on the Russians for a while. How about you?

well, I'm not sure about the size of the pictures. Let me do some research. He WAS voted the third greatest Russian of all time.

Well there is no denying his impact. But "greatest" does not necessarily mean "nicest", does it? Peter the Great was pretty nasty, as was Catherine the Great as was Charles the Great (Charlemagne)...but they certainly had impact.

I hope that fewer Americans would favor strengthening ties with Russia if they were aware of the atrocities that Russia commits. This isn't only an issue of participating in a ceremony that glorifies a mass-murderous tyrant; extending a hand of friendship to Russia in this manner legitimizes the Stalinesque things that they continue to do.

Last edited:

Well there is no denying his impact. But "greatest" does not necessarily mean "nicest", does it? Peter the Great was pretty nasty, as was Catherine the Great as was Charles the Great (Charlemagne)...but they certainly had impact.

no it doesn't. Peter the Great came in second.

Just picking my way through the revisionism for a moment.

My recollection on reading of the Battle of Berlin was that the Soviets, who took Berlin, honoured their word to allow the US, British and French forces into the city. I certainly haven't read where any of those nations held back so the Soviets could take the city. It doesn't make sense. If those nations were in a position to take Berlin with or without the Soviets then I think they would have done just that.

Stalin. He was criticised by Kruschev which was a huge move considering Stalin hadn't been dead for long and Stalinists were still around in the party. As has been pointed out, there are still conservatives in Russia who support Stalin and Stalinism, however I doubt that they would be influential. The fact is though that Stalin was the Soviet leader during the Great Patriotic War and the Russians are entitled to acknowledge him.

Not sending troops from the US would be a bad move. That would enable the Russians to completely politicise the celebrations and would harden Russian public opinion against the US at a time when antagonism is not wanted, bolstering as it would the anti-West hard liners.

And not to forget that Russians have their own culture, their own ways of doing things. They may well admire hard men, ruthless men in power. As has been pointed out, Peter the Great was a ruthless ruler but he still carries the term "the Great" without irony.

Defeating the Nazis and Fascists in WWII was a great act, it should be celebrated without rancour.

Forum List

Back