Obama to send U.S. Troops to Moscow to March in Parade Celebrating Stalins Red Army.

Ummmmm....

The Cold War is OVER......Russia is an Ally now

Well SURE and we all know that means we are all obligated to pretend that a butcher responsible for the murders and deaths of somewhere between 20 and 40 MILLION people is actually a good guy now, worthy of having the US embrace and celebrate this mass murderer like he's one of the good ole' guys and damn near a founder of the US!

Since when did having an ally mean we must embrace their monsters of the past when they existed as our self-declared enemy under a brutal system of government? And take off that mantle of naivete, ok? Russia is just not an out-and-out self-declared enemy anymore since the collapse of their communist system. Just because Russia has taken a less blatantly obvious position as an adversary sure doesn't mean it isn't an adversary -just a less openly hostile one is all. Don't you think if Russia were really an ally, Russia would be concerned about preventing the whackos running Iran from getting nukes instead of running interference for them and giving them assistance with their little science fair project all this time?

Oh yeah I forgot. In your world only the US, which still has one of the most transparent governments in the world - is motivated by nasty secrets and evil plots. Not those who already have a track record of mass murder and think its a fine time to celebrate one of their worst killers. Of their OWN citizens.

For the person who said Stalin is still popular in Russia - Yeah I guess if you are willing to slaughter nearly 1/3 of your entire population -then its easy to claim being "popular" among the survivors. And aside from the 20-40 million Russians estimated to have been killed by Stalin's regime, the millions who also died due to the horrific conditions forced upon his people, I find it hard to believe anyone but sadistic communists would make up the group among whom Stalin would be "popular". It isn't as if Stalin brought peace and prosperity to his people because the only thing he brought them was mass murder and misery.

I would find any order for US servicemen and women to go to Russia to help "celebrate" the fact that Stalin even existed to be so offensive I'd be willing to forgive anyone who refused to obey that order. In fact, this is such an outrageous story I have a hard time believing it is even true or this story wouldn't just be found on some off the wall web sites but be picked up by all sorts of more readily recognized media outlets and even talk radio by now. Think this is a story that even conservative talk radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh would ignore? I seriously doubt it.

Ummmmm....

The Cold War is OVER......Russia is an Ally now

Well SURE and we all know that means we are all obligated to pretend that a butcher responsible for the murders and deaths of somewhere between 20 and 40 MILLION people is actually a good guy now, worthy of having the US embrace and celebrate this mass murderer like he's one of the good ole' guys and damn near a founder of the US!

Since when did having an ally mean we must embrace their monsters of the past when they existed as our self-declared enemy under a brutal system of government? And take off that mantle of naivete, ok? Russia is just not an out-and-out self-declared enemy anymore since the collapse of their communist system. Just because Russia has taken a less blatantly obvious position as an adversary sure doesn't mean it isn't an adversary -just a less openly hostile one is all. Don't you think if Russia were really an ally, Russia would be concerned about preventing the whackos running Iran from getting nukes instead of running interference for them and giving them assistance with their little science fair project all this time?

Oh yeah I forgot. In your world only the US, which still has one of the most transparent governments in the world - is motivated by nasty secrets and evil plots. Not those who already have a track record of mass murder and think its a fine time to celebrate one of their worst killers. Of their OWN citizens.

For the person who said Stalin is still popular in Russia - Yeah I guess if you are willing to slaughter nearly 1/3 of your entire population -then its easy to claim being "popular" among the survivors. And aside from the 20-40 million Russians estimated to have been killed by Stalin's regime, the millions who also died due to the horrific conditions forced upon his people, I find it hard to believe anyone but sadistic communists would make up the group among whom Stalin would be "popular". It isn't as if Stalin brought peace and prosperity to his people because the only thing he brought them was mass murder and misery.

I would find any order for US servicemen and women to go to Russia to help "celebrate" the fact that Stalin even existed to be so offensive I'd be willing to forgive anyone who refused to obey that order. In fact, this is such an outrageous story I have a hard time believing it is even true or this story wouldn't just be found on some off the wall web sites but be picked up by all sorts of more readily recognized media outlets and even talk radio by now. Think this is a story that even conservative talk radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh would ignore? I seriously doubt it.

Like I said...I wonder how thses folks on this board would react if OJ Simpsons tenure as a Buffalo Bill were part of the centennial celebration of the Buffalo Bills.

I mean...he was a great guy when he played football. Had murdered nobody until well after he retired.

He is a legend for the Bills.

you can make any claim about what you think I like or prefer all you want.

It is still a diversion from the point ZI made. If Stalin's image is being used as a prop for this celebration, Wester Country soldiers will be marchiung in his honor.

Curious...why is it so hard for you to see that?

Sure...I agree...it is a sign of unity for us to do it....but sometimes you need to draw the line. What seems to be the right thing to do, can also send a very damaging message....and this is another example of where Obama applied his ideology not necessarily thinking of the possible negative ramifications.

Many US citizens of Russian descent ran from Stalin.

Wait a minute...you are right...Stalin had NOTHING to do with the Russian victory in WWII. In fact he wasn't even born yet. They need to put Czar Alexander's portrait up. It makes more sense and it doesn't upset Cold War Wannabees...sniffling over the "good ole' days" when we were on the brink on nuclear destruction.

Taking my post and intentionally spinning the meaning of it makes it clear that you are an ass.
That's what Butch is famous for up here. What will happen next is, heshe'll take one of your quotes out of context and add it to heher's sig line. Butch is a fraud, nothing more!

The OP that this is un-American is stupid. The USSR was our ally, the reds lost 1 of 7 citizens, and they still marched into Berline. Gave them their due.

The OP that this is un-American is stupid. The USSR was our ally, the reds lost 1 of 7 citizens, and they still marched into Berline. Gave them their due.

It is unAmerican. We should have took Pattons advice along with Heinrich Himmler, rearmed the Nazi's and fought the Russians all the way back to Moscow and defeated them destroying communism. The world would be a much better place today.

It is unAmerican. We should have took Pattons advice along with Heinrich Himmler, rearmed the Nazi's and fought the Russians all the way back to Moscow and defeated them destroying communism. The world would be a much better place today.

The celebration of Hitler's defeat is one thing, celebrating Stalin as a military and world leader is quite another.

you can make any claim about what you think I like or prefer all you want.

It is still a diversion from the point ZI made. If Stalin's image is being used as a prop for this celebration, Wester Country soldiers will be marchiung in his honor.

Curious...why is it so hard for you to see that?

Sure...I agree...it is a sign of unity for us to do it....but sometimes you need to draw the line. What seems to be the right thing to do, can also send a very damaging message....and this is another example of where Obama applied his ideology not necessarily thinking of the possible negative ramifications.

Many US citizens of Russian descent ran from Stalin.

Wait a minute...you are right...Stalin had NOTHING to do with the Russian victory in WWII. In fact he wasn't even born yet. They need to put Czar Alexander's portrait up. It makes more sense and it doesn't upset Cold War Wannabees...sniffling over the "good ole' days" when we were on the brink on nuclear destruction.

Taking my post and intentionally spinning the meaning of it makes it clear that you are an ass.

Is there something about the defeat of Hitler by the Russians and us that disturbs you in some way? This is not the only place you seem to have some affinity with either Hitler or those who admire his....er....work....:eusa_eh:

The celebration of Hitler's defeat is one thing, celebrating Stalin as a military and world leader is quite another.

And this parade....which is it celebrating?

The Russians would have kicked both the Germans and our asses if we had tried that. I served with men who served in WWII and Korea, and they had no doubt what would have happened if we had been that stupid to try to roll the USSR back. For one thing, the American citizens never would have permitted it. For a second thing, we had no more training divisions available while the Russians had eighty. For a third thing, we had Japan on our back. For a fourth thing, we did not know if the nuke was going to work and we only had three of them: one for test, and two for Japan. For a fifth thing, neither GB nor France would have supported us.

But a real good thing: neither US Army Retired nor General Patton were in charge of global strategy for America.

Last edited:

Is there something about the defeat of Hitler by the Russians and us that disturbs you in some way? This is not the only place you seem to have some affinity with either Hitler or those who admire his....er....work....:eusa_eh:

Defeating Hitler was a great vitory..and a must for the world.
Do not take my posts outr of context please.

The Russians would have kicked both the Germans and our asses if we had tried that. I served with men who served in WWII and Korea, and they had no doubt what would have happened if we had been that stupid to try to roll the USSR back. For one thing, the American citizens never would have permitted it. For a second thing, we had no more training divisions available while the Russians had eighty. For a third thing, we had Japan on our back. For a fourth thing, we did not know if the nuke was going to work and we only had three of them: one for test, and two for Japan. For a fifth thing, neither GB nor France would have supported us.

But a real good thing: neither US Army Retired nor General Patton were in charge of global strategy for America.

Patton would have ended the war 6 months sooner.

Defeating Hitler was a great vitory..and a must for the world.
Do not take my posts outr of context please.

Actually, I'm doing the opposite...looking at the whole picture. Gotta wonder sometimes.

And this parade....which is it celebrating?

As stated in two out of three of the articles in the first two posts in this thread........both.

As someone who has lived in Russia, speaks Russian, and almost married a Russian girl ;).... I have to say this makes me uneasy.

Now I dont think it's part of some liberal plot to turn us all into Commies...but I do find myself thinking that we've got a lot of vets that would consider this a slap in the face and a piss on the flag.

When I think about this... I keep wondering...has enough time passed??

Stalin's not still in power...the average Russian citizen is FAR from a party hardliner...and it's been awhile since Viet Nam.

As someone who has lived in Russia, speaks Russian, and almost married a Russian girl ;).... I have to say this makes me uneasy.

Now I dont think it's part of some liberal plot to turn us all into Commies...but I do find myself thinking that we've got a lot of vets that would consider this a slap in the face and a piss on the flag.

Stalin's not still in power...the average Russian citizen is FAR from a party hardliner...and it's been awhile since Viet Nam.

The. Cold. War. Is. Over.

It's just one more example of Obama and his inept decision making process.

There is no reason whatsoever for our troops to be marching in Red Square with building size posters of Stalin surrounding them. That same square is where the Russians just loved to parade their antiquated military crap in a failed effort to intimidate us.

Well, most presidents were intimidated. That is until the late great Ronald Wilson Reagan came along.

This is just another bad decision by our clown in chief, nothing more!

Celebrating the defeat of Hitler is not the same as supporting Stalin and you guys know better. Shame on you.

Forum List

Back