Obama to run UN security council

Im not sure this is a good thing. It kind of presume subservience of the US to the UN.

Not really, we can pretty much tell the UN to fuck off any damn time we please. Not to bring him up when I don't have to but President Bush did so when it came to invading Iraq.

We all know how that turned out:

We didn't go into Iraq because we thought they were responsible for 911.

You know that right?

Maybe we should ask if Obama really has the US' interests at heart.

Personally, I think Obama has Obama's interests at heart.

Last edited:
Wouldn't this be considered a conflict of interest?

Technically anyone running the Security Council has a conflict of interest. I mean wouldn't you want to see your country succeed or be better? Who wants to see their country lose power or become lesser?

Does the UN have our best interests at heart?

It will now. I find it hilarious that people are thinking this would be a bad thing. Would you rather have Kim Jung Ill serve as Chairman of the Security Council? Of course the bitching is only because it's Obama (who has more credibility among the global community than any US president in recent history, by the way). If it were a Republican, ya'll would be jumpin' fer joy.

Technically anyone running the Security Council has a conflict of interest. I mean wouldn't you want to see your country succeed or be better? Who wants to see their country lose power or become lesser?

Does the UN have our best interests at heart?

It will now. I find it hilarious that people are thinking this would be a bad thing. Would you rather have Kim Jung Ill serve as Chairman of the Security Council? Of course the bitching is only because it's Obama (who has more credibility among the global community than any US president in recent history, by the way). If it were a Republican, ya'll would be jumpin' fer joy.

you really are a nutter.

funny, i thought being POTUS was a full time gig.

Considering the amount of vacation days the last couple Presidents have taken, I suppose not.

President Bush for example spent 487 days at Camp David and 490 days at his Texas Ranch in 8 years. I wish I could get that many vacation days and still get paid $400,000 a year.

Edit: For those of you too lazy to count, that's over a third of his two terms spent in those two places.

ahhhhhh....the our guy sucks but your guy sucks worse defense......

you would think he would try to fix our domestic issues first and spend more time in office than the last guy....

ahhhhhh....the our guy sucks but your guy sucks worse defense......

you would think he would try to fix our domestic issues first and spend more time in office than the last guy....

Actually, I was just using the previous record holders as examples. Not my fault they were both Republicans. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back