Obama to [possibly] take on Citizen United

Let's see a sitting President who claims to be a "Constitutional" Professor is slapped down unanimously at least 13 times so far....you being an ill educated Lefty supports him....perfect.

I have no trouble taking money out of Politics, but Union money goes first.

isn't that how our checks and balances are supposed to work? Getting "slapped down" is PRECISELY why we have a separation of powers......

...and I actually agree ...NO corruptive money from ANYONE

I've read Citizens United unlike you apparently. It involves the questions on whether McCain Feingold can prohibit people from criticizing politicians before an election or whether the constitution means what it says when it says "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech."

Tell me something though. On what planet does giving power to corrupt politicians end corruption? That's like asking the Fox to guard the hen house. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

There is no way in hell I'm going to be alright with the politicians of this nation tell anyone we can't criticize them as they run for reelection. It's my God given right to regardless of whether use my own voice or through the organizations I am associated with.

I have NO idea what you're rambling about...somebody or something that bans you from criticizing politicians? What? Who? Where? Why?
.....and most of all, are you OK?

No. I'm not ok. I'm talking to a complete idiot who is so ignorant that he doesn't know what the case he is so against is about.

Read the case. You won't look so stupid actually talking about it.

Let's see a sitting President who claims to be a "Constitutional" Professor is slapped down unanimously at least 13 times so far....you being an ill educated Lefty supports him....perfect.

isn't that how our checks and balances are supposed to work? Getting "slapped down" is PRECISELY why we have a separation of powers......

Money doesn't corrupt people. Money is a tool. Corrupt people corrupt money

Of course you never checked what Obama wanted that "got slapped down" did you???

If you had you'd see that most of those were for expansion of policies initiated by GWB after 9-11.

Wow, no it isn't.

You don't try and expand the law, you obey it and stay within it.

Of course you never checked what Obama wanted that "got slapped down" did you???

If you had you'd see that most of those were for expansion of policies initiated by GWB after 9-11.

Obama got slapped down on things Obama did, you are quite the sick fuck.

Thank you for your eloquence.......go on and wallow in your hatred of Obama....you're powerless anyway except for the bitching on this forum.

Also we have checks and balances to slap down corruption. Ignoring the constitution is corruption.

Now sometimes that corruption occurs in good faith. The person acting is ignorant of the constitution or there is a question of where stone law is constitutional.

Other times the corruption is deliberate. Our leaders know.better and want to get away with whatever they can regardless of the constitution. Obama's actions fall into this category

Listen you frustrated dingbat and LEARN something on your own......

One of the decisions that Obama was "slapped down on" was the one for RECESS APPOINTMENTS......Got that?

Now, look at the figures and tell us if the SCOTUS decision was not politically motivated.....

So far, Obama has made recess appointments 32 times. Among the last four presidents, Ronald Reagan made the most recess appointments (232), followed by George W. Bush (171), Bill Clinton (139) and George H.W. Bush (78), who served only one term.

Really? When did Bush tell the Senate they were in recess while they were having sessions to appoint recess appointments that would never pass in the Senate?

One of the decisions that Obama was "slapped down on" was the one for RECESS APPOINTMENTS......Got that?

Now, look at the figures and tell us if the SCOTUS decision was not politically motivated.....

So far, Obama has made recess appointments 32 times. Among the last four presidents, Ronald Reagan made the most recess appointments (232), followed by George W. Bush (171), Bill Clinton (139) and George H.W. Bush (78), who served only one term.

Shockingly you didn't read the case again.

The issue wasn't whether recess appointments were allowed. The issue was whether the president could declare the Senate in recess while they were meeting to make the appointments.

The supreme court held that it was the Senate who decides when they are in session. Not Obama.

Really? When did Bush tell the Senate they were in recess while they were having sessions to appoint recess appointments that would never pass in the Senate?

The kid is an abject moron, don't even mess with him.

Thank you for your eloquence.......go on and wallow in your hatred of Obama....you're powerless anyway except for the bitching on this forum.

The funny part of this is that we are BOTH powerless kid, therein lies the difference between experience and youthful stupidity.

If it's money you want out of politics then take it all out from both sides. No more union contributions no more anything. Public financing of elections and term limits! anything short of that is just big ears whining about losing and trying to gain an advantage over the GOP.

(s

Your half white messiah is the worst President of the modern era....I never thought anyone would be worse than Carter......but Barak Butt Buddy Obama takes the cake.

Shockingly you didn't read the case again.

The issue wasn't whether recess appointments were allowed. The issue was whether the president could declare the Senate in recess while they were meeting to make the appointments.

The supreme court held that it was the Senate who decides when they are in session. Not Obama.

I don't know if its my job to educate idiots.......just tell EVERYONE who reads this IF this is the way those scum buckets in the GOP congress should do things......

Since May 2011, Republicans have been relying on a little-known procedure to keep the Senate in session, even when it was not really conducting any business, in order to stop the President from making those recess appointments.

The legal basis comes from a 1993 Department of Justice brief saying the president should act only if the Senate is in official recess more than three days.

So, party leaders have arranged for a single Republican lawmaker to show up every three days and gavel the Senate to order, wait around for about 30 seconds, gavel it to a close, then leave.

Kids at a park have better morality than GOPers in congress

Forum List

Back