Obama to Normalize Relations with Cuba

I have some pretty large bones to pick with Saudi Arabia, especially in regards to their treatment of women, but it doesn't stop me from buying their gasoline.

I havn't been privy to any evidence of missiles being disassembled or moved. I don't have that clearance. I'll bet a sub could carry enough though.

I havn't been privy to any evidence of missiles being disassembled or moved. I don't have that clearance. I'll bet a sub could carry enough though.
Cuba does not possess nuclear weapons, and there are no credible reports of Cuban efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.

Cuba does not possess nuclear weapons, and there are no credible reports of Cuban efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.

But the Russians do.
Which is another reason to abandon a policy that has encouraged the Cuban Russian alliance.

But the Russians do.
Which is another reason to abandon a policy that has encouraged the Cuban Russian alliance.

They had the alliance well before the policy... in fact, it was that alliance and presence of Soviet nuclear warheads in Cuba which resulted in that policy.

There was no reason to abandon the policy. It certainly has worked to prevent Cuba from spreading Communism in the Western Hemisphere. With the current global financial situation, it was actually putting more pressure on an old worn-out relic of a regime in Cuba to join the civilized world and abort Communist tyranny.

But... the Liberals cream their panties in joy over Obummer capitulating to the Commies! Hell, you people would like to use Cuba as a model for what you want America to be!

Normalization according to the ovomit bunch is working out rather well. While in discussions for normalization Cuba sank a boatload of Cubans. When the state department asked for the extradition of Joanne Chesimord the Cubans said go fuck yourself. If normalization keeps going like this it will be very good.

Normalization according to the ovomit bunch is working out rather well. While in discussions for normalization Cuba sank a boatload of Cubans. When the state department asked for the extradition of Joanne Chesimord the Cubans said go fuck yourself. If normalization keeps going like this it will be very good.
Your post illustrates why we must begin negotiating with Cuba instead burying our head in the sand as we have done for over 50 years. How many boatloads of Cubans have been attacked trying to escape. How many human rights violations have occurred under our noses and what have we done about it?. Released a protest in a press briefings? Cuba has had nothing to lose by their actions.

Cuba wants just about everything we have, retail goods, investors, and a huge market 90 miles off their shore. We have plenty of bargaining chips when we start negotiations.

Your post illustrates why we must begin negotiating with Cuba instead burying our head in the sand as we have done for over 50 years. How many boatloads of Cubans have been attacked trying to escape. How many human rights violations have occurred under our noses and what have we done about it?. Released a protest in a press briefings? Cuba has had nothing to lose by their actions.

Cuba wants just about everything we have, retail goods, investors, and a huge market 90 miles off their shore. We have plenty of bargaining chips when we start negotiations.
The Cubans can want in one hand and shit in the other. See what fills up fastest. By sinking that boat while obama was on his knees begging to suck dick the regime told him exactly how much good he will do. I was really a joy to see. Then to have John Kerry basically beg for the return of a convicted felon and get told that Cuba doesn't negotiate just changed my mind about the whole thing. I am absolutely going to enjoy watching ovomit get shot down at every turn.

Russia has a nice spy base in Cuba. I hope they get a lot of use out of ovomit's new negotiating skills.

The Cubans can want in one hand and shit in the other. See what fills up fastest. By sinking that boat while obama was on his knees begging to suck dick the regime told him exactly how much good he will do. I was really a joy to see. Then to have John Kerry basically beg for the return of a convicted felon and get told that Cuba doesn't negotiate just changed my mind about the whole thing. I am absolutely going to enjoy watching ovomit get shot down at every turn.

Russia has a nice spy base in Cuba. I hope they get a lot of use out of ovomit's new negotiating skills.
Rave on but within 10 years, there'll be millions of US tourist visiting Cuba and I plan to be one of them.

Cuba has had tourism for 50 years. Europeans, Russians and Asians have been going all along. Americans have been going all along.

It will just be too precious watching those two old men negotiate the crap out of ovomit while they give up nothing.

Negotiation? When is that going to happen? We've given up the only leverage we had in any future negotiation. The Cubans are slaves to the state, that's why boat loads of them are trying to escape and the regime is shooting them for it. What they want most of all is freedom.

I am a capitalist. No one wants vibrant trade relations with Cuba as much as I do, but we can't do that if they are going to remain a Communist state who enslaves it's citizenry. Capitalism through the exploitation of slave labor is morally and ethically wrong and can't be tolerated. And yes, I realize we trade with China and they are Communists who enslave their people, I don't agree with our policy there either.

Cuba has had tourism for 50 years. Europeans, Russians and Asians have been going all along. Americans have been going all along.
Very few Americans visit Cuba. It's estimated that the number is between 20,000 and 30,000 most of which enter illegally by traveling through Canada, After all embargoes are lifted, it's estimated that the number will reach 1.5 million/yr. in 5 years and continue to rise yearly. Just building the needed hotels would create a building boom in Cuba. Opening American tourism to Cuba will be a major bargaining chip.

https://www.american.edu/clals/upload/Cuba-Policy-Foundation.pdf

Last edited:

Negotiation? When is that going to happen? We've given up the only leverage we had in any future negotiation. The Cubans are slaves to the state, that's why boat loads of them are trying to escape and the regime is shooting them for it. What they want most of all is freedom.

I am a capitalist. No one wants vibrant trade relations with Cuba as much as I do, but we can't do that if they are going to remain a Communist state who enslaves it's citizenry. Capitalism through the exploitation of slave labor is morally and ethically wrong and can't be tolerated. And yes, I realize we trade with China and they are Communists who enslave their people, I don't agree with our policy there either.
And what leverage have we given up?

About the only Americans that the Cubans have dealt with since the 1940's were either mobsters and Mafia, or our military, which wanted to invade their country. I suspect that it would not be a bad idea for them to see the other side of America.

About the only Americans that the Cubans have dealt with since the 1940's were either mobsters and Mafia, or our military, which wanted to invade their country. I suspect that it would not be a bad idea for them to see the other side of America.
When the embargoes are lifted, they'll see a lot of America.

The Castro regime has portrayed America as it was during the Batista government when American corporations and mobsters ran Cuba. Batista had abandoned the Cuban constitution by allowing only staged elections in which his victory would be guaranteed and the US government actively supported him.

The Batista supporters, the wealthy and much of the middle class Cubans escaped from Cuba leaving mostly the poor. The wealthy and the middle class that remained suffered under Castro but the poor benefited. After a number of years of struggling, Castro did provide the people with guaranteed jobs, free healthcare, and free education, something that never existed under Batista.

When the embargoes are lifted, they'll see a lot of America.

The Castro regime has portrayed America as it was during the Batista government when American corporations and mobsters ran Cuba. Batista had abandoned the Cuban constitution by allowing only staged elections in which his victory would be guaranteed and the US government actively supported him.

The Batista supporters, the wealthy and much of the middle class Cubans escaped from Cuba leaving mostly the poor. The wealthy and the middle class that remained suffered under Castro but the poor benefited. After a number of years of struggling, Castro did provide the people with guaranteed jobs, free healthcare, and free education, something that never existed under Batista.

LMFAO... Yeah, the poor benefited SO much under Castro, MANY of them could afford to construct yachts from '57 Chevys and old tires in order to cruise to Miami! ...Guilded Age!

Forum List

Back