Obama to Lift Ban on Overseas Abortion Funding

Better yet does he advocate we show pictures of slaughterhouses every time we serve a burger?

Replace his talk of abortion with talk of meat and you've got Peta.

Well there we go again... this idiot wants to equate the processing of food, with the murder of the most innocent human beings.

They're both bloody, unappealing and hard on the appetite... don't you see?

Of course one is necessary to sustain human life and the other is the unjustified taking of human life...
How about a compromise. I have a modest proposal ...

:lol:
I like where this is going.

A compromise?

Ok... Sure... You observe your sacred responsibility inherent in your "right to choose;"the responsibility to NOT usurp the rights of your pre-borm children which you conceived when YOU CHOSE TO ENGAGE IN SEXAL INTERCOURSE... and I'll stop referring to you as a murderer of pre-born children...

A compromise?

Ok... Sure... You observe your sacred responsibility inherent in your "right to choose;"the responsibility to NOT usurp the rights of your pre-borm children which you conceived when YOU CHOSE TO ENGAGE IN SEXAL INTERCOURSE... and I'll stop referring to you as a murderer of pre-born children...

I take it you've never heard of A Modest Proposal by Swift.

So a 2 month pregnant 14 year old walks into planned parenthood to find out her options. She's told she can have the baby and raise him, have the baby and give him up for adopton, have an abortion. And that's it?? No further information?

You don't think she should be given the pros and cons of raising a child, the pros and cons of giving the child away for adoption, the pros and cons of abortion? You don't think she should be fully informed before making a decision as crucial as this?

How can anyone tell this 14 year old the pros and cons are for her? Does the doctor know what it will be like for her personally to raise a child, give it up for adoption, or have the abortion? I'm sure even a 14 year old has a good idea of what an abortion entails without seeing the photos of aborted fetuses. I don't see that as being any additional useful info, unless it is requested by the patient.

So a 2 month pregnant 14 year old walks into planned parenthood to find out her options. She's told she can have the baby and raise him, have the baby and give him up for adopton, have an abortion. And that's it?? No further information?

You don't think she should be given the pros and cons of raising a child, the pros and cons of giving the child away for adoption, the pros and cons of abortion? You don't think she should be fully informed before making a decision as crucial as this?

How can anyone tell this 14 year old the pros and cons are for her? Does the doctor know what it will be like for her personally to raise a child, give it up for adoption, or have the abortion? I'm sure even a 14 year old has a good idea of what an abortion entails without seeing the photos of aborted fetuses. I don't see that as being any additional useful info, unless it is requested by the patient.

Now I wonder what those assurances are based upon? How many dead human beings do you suppose a typical 14 year old American girl has seen? And of those potential scenes of human death veiwed by a typical 14 year old American girl, how many of THOSE do you suppose are scenes depicting the shredded, bloody remains that resulted from a woman CHOOSING to reject HER RESPONSIBILITIY; her responsibility which is INHERENT in her RIGHT TO CHOOSE; the rejection of which results in her CHOOSING to murder her innocent baby, SO SHE CAN AVOID TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS...

When ya gather your figures get back to me...

Last edited:
No extra funds will be used. It's a matter of lifting the gag rule which was idiotic in the first place. Something the Republicans enacted to win votes from the anti choice forced birth movement.

It doesn't matter who enacted it. The Constitution does not authorise international charity. This is just more proof that politicians are out of the box.

Better yet does he advocate we show pictures of slaughterhouses every time we serve a burger?

Replace his talk of abortion with talk of meat and you've got Peta.

:lol:

Good point.

Actually, informing myself of how animals are treated in factory farms has made me stop eating meat that comes out of those torture chambers.
I've also seen photos of fetuses, even the altered photos that anti-choice fascists try to force people to look at. None of those photos has ever made me question the right of women to make their own personal choices about whether or not to continue a pregnancy to term.

Why are you Anti Life? See, I can play with labels too. To be honest about it you are pro and I am anti abortion.

The problem with those pictures is that they don't tell the whole story. The fetus is inside the body of a human being who has the right to remove it if she wants.

If people want to look at photos like that when considering abortion, I support their right to do so. Harassing them outside clinics or trying to pass legislation which forces people to look at them is wrong.

funny, the use of that word force, you don't mind forcing us to pay for it though. or you don't mind forcing a doctor to perform an abortion though huh?

I'd like to see more tax dollars spent on making abortion affordable and available to all American women. I'd like to see the American women pay for it themselves. Or, conversely let's have the women pay for my hair transplants. Yeah, that's the ticket.

If an OB-GYN has a problem performing abortions for moral or religious reasons, they should choose another medical specialty. And if the young lady kept her legs shut, or took routine precautions....

If an OB-GYN is reluctant to perform abortions because of having received death threats from anti choice terrorists or because they anticipate that they will, then that means we need more law enforcement.

funny, the use of that word force, you don't mind forcing us to pay for it though. or you don't mind forcing a doctor to perform an abortion though huh?

I'd like to see more tax dollars spent on making abortion affordable and available to all American women. I'd like to see the American women pay for it themselves. Or, conversely let's have the women pay for my hair transplants. Yeah, that's the ticket.

If an OB-GYN has a problem performing abortions for moral or religious reasons, they should choose another medical specialty. And if the young lady kept her legs shut, or took routine precautions....

If an OB-GYN is reluctant to perform abortions because of having received death threats from anti choice terrorists or because they anticipate that they will, then that means we need more law enforcement.

Quite the sexist remark. It's nice to know that men don't have any role in conceiving a child!:confused:

Now I wonder what those assurances are based upon? How many dead human beings do you suppose a typical 14 year old American girl has seen? And of those potential scenes of human death veiwed by a typical 14 year old American girl, how many of THOSE do you suppose are scenes depicting the shredded, bloody remains that resulted from a woman CHOOSING to reject HER RESPONSIBILITIY; her responsibility which is INHERENT in her RIGHT TO CHOOSE; the rejection of which results in her CHOOSING to murder her innocent baby, SO SHE CAN AVOID TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS...

The assurances are based on the point that a doctor will not most likely know what the ramifications of each decision would be for the girl unless the doctor knows her very personally. The doctor can only speak on what will happen medically to the girl and the baby if she carries the baby to term or if she aborts it.

I agree that people need to take responsibility for their actions and it would be best if the girl or her partner had used protection or chosen to abstain from having sex in the first place. However they didn't in this circumstance. So with any decision she is taking responsibility for her actions - whether it be keeping the child, adoption, or abortion. In this type of circumstance there is no possible way for the girl not to take responsibility for her actions.

By the way I think a 14 year old is a really poor choice if you are trying to make an argument for someone raising a child and not having an abortion. How many 14 year olds do you know that have the capacity to be a parent? Have you met any good 14 year old mothers or fathers? I certainly haven't.

The US Constitution was written and exist to LIMIT THE POWER OF THE US FEDERAL GOVERNEMNT TO INFRINGE AND USURP THE INALIENABLE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL... The left is designed to advance the fallacious notion of 'collective rights'... collective rights EMPOWERS GOVERNMENT TO INFRINGE UPON AND USURP THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL... thus the left on the whole stands AGAINST the very essence of that which America stands for.

And the right are FOR freedoms??? RATFLMAO!!!! After 8 years of Bush do you honestly believe this? The left stands more for what America is about than any right-wing nutjob philosophy. Your country was founded by lefties....

Abortion is murder -- legalized murder. Hard to put someone in jail for something that's legal. The U.S. decided it was fine to kill the unborn. Want me to rant about putting the women in prison? Why? RvW will never be overturned so there is no argument here. .

Abortion is about as murderous as drink driving is suicide. Load of crap. The foetus is not a human, it is a foetus

The assurances are based on the point that a doctor will not most likely know what the ramifications of each decision would be for the girl unless the doctor knows her very personally. The doctor can only speak on what will happen medically to the girl and the baby if she carries the baby to term or if she aborts it.

I agree that people need to take responsibility for their actions and it would be best if the girl or her partner had used protection or chosen to abstain from having sex in the first place. However they didn't in this circumstance. So with any decision she is taking responsibility for her actions - whether it be keeping the child, adoption, or abortion. In this type of circumstance there is no possible way for the girl not to take responsibility for her actions.

By the way I think a 14 year old is a really poor choice if you are trying to make an argument for someone raising a child and not having an abortion. How many 14 year olds do you know that have the capacity to be a parent? Have you met any good 14 year old mothers or fathers? I certainly haven't.

I don't know ANY 14 yr olds who are prepared to be a parent... but that a 14 yr old lacks the means to parent a child does NOT set aside the RIGHT of a child which said 14 year old conceives to its LIFE... thus its my position that 14 year olds SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED TO ENGAGE IN SEXUAL INTERCOURSE... and they DAMN WELL should not be given the RIGHT to KILL The HUMANS THEY CONCEIVE... and by that I mean they shouldn't be getting 'educated' to be sexually active... they shouldn't be subjected to that which the modern media culture exposes them and by 'the modern culture' I an specifically speaking to the left-think which drives the modern media culture.

The fact is that teenagers are already up against it by virtue of the natural development of their bodies popping off toxic sexual hormones and cutting them ANY SLACK, let alone ENCOURAGING their instincts can only lead to premature pregnancies.

But, again... NONE of that stands as a valid justification to take the lives of the human beings which they conceive... and in closing I should point out that no one knows that better than a Mother...

Abortion is murder -- legalized murder. Hard to put someone in jail for something that's legal. The U.S. decided it was fine to kill the unborn. Want me to rant about putting the women in prison? Why? RvW will never be overturned so there is no argument here. .

Abortion is about as murderous as drink driving is suicide. Load of crap. The foetus is not a human, it is a foetus

Of ALL of the absurd rationalizations advanced by the infanticide evil, THIS is the most pathetic.

A human fetus is incontrovertibly... HUMAN. The assertion to the contrary is never less than short sighted and never more than a statement founded in simple ignorance.

The US Constitution was written and exist to LIMIT THE POWER OF THE US FEDERAL GOVERNEMNT TO INFRINGE AND USURP THE INALIENABLE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL... The left is designed to advance the fallacious notion of 'collective rights'... collective rights EMPOWERS GOVERNMENT TO INFRINGE UPON AND USURP THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL... thus the left on the whole stands AGAINST the very essence of that which America stands for.

And the right are FOR freedoms??? RATFLMAO!!!! After 8 years of Bush do you honestly believe this? The left stands more for what America is about than any right-wing nutjob philosophy. Your country was founded by lefties....

There are no Leftist Americans, Sis... The ideological left is the antithesis of "America."

Here you are advocating for a 'RIGHT' to murder the most innocent of all human life... the pre-born human baby; blissfully ignorant of the principles on which human rights rest... wholly rejecting the essence of human rights; the responsibilities inherent in them.

Of all of the things which the Founders of the US can be argued to have potentially been... "Lefties" is not one of them... DUMBASS!

I am not a proponent of abortion. For my personal values, it is morally wrong, except for forced conception.

However, to me it is a very personal choice and each person must make their own and then live with it. It is not my place to judge another on such a personal level, it is only God's.

When I vote this issue in way down on my list of concerns as I do not feel it should be a political issue.

Again, these are merely my personal views and they only need satisfy me.

However, in regard to providing funding for abortions outside of this nation, I am totally against it. My government has no right to use my money in that fashion when it can be used for many needs in this nation.

But, for me it goes further. Being a parent and raising a child goes way beyond carrying a child for 9 months and giving birth, frankly that is the easy part of the lifetime process. With that in mind and as being a father who had to fight for my children and raising them from babies as a single parent, I support and believe in the father's rights in this entire issue as well. But, that is another topic and another can of worms.

Children are the greatest gift we are given as humans, is truly sad to see them not treated as such, either before birth or after.

This funding to those outside of our borders needs to stop. We have our own more important needs.

The problem with those pictures is that they don't tell the whole story. The fetus is inside the body of a human being who has the right to remove it if she wants.

If people want to look at photos like that when considering abortion, I support their right to do so. Harassing them outside clinics or trying to pass legislation which forces people to look at them is wrong.

I'd like to see more tax dollars spent on making abortion affordable and available to all American women.

If an OB-GYN has a problem performing abortions for moral or religious reasons, they should choose another medical specialty.

That's a pretty little speech right from the KOS Playbook. So then, do you know about how many doctors you would end up with who choose to practice OB GYN? They chose that field to deliver babies not to kill them.

Actually, informing myself of how animals are treated in factory farms has made me stop eating meat that comes out of those torture chambers.

I've also seen photos of fetuses, even the altered photos that anti-choice fascists try to force people to look at. None of those photos has ever made me question the right of women to make their own personal choices about whether or not to continue a pregnancy to term.

The reality of abortion is what those pictures portray. You don't want it to be so, therefore you just toss it up to 'altered photos, lying right-wing nutjobs' and go on rationalizing murder. Abortion is horrific and graphic and brutal.

These pictures never made you question anything. You don't think women should be given the opportunity to see these photos and make a decision for themselves?

The problem with those pictures is that they don't tell the whole story.

How's that? Do you think when an abortion takes place, they gently and carefully remove the fetus and lovingly place him in the trash? Think again.

How can anyone tell this 14 year old the pros and cons are for her? Does the doctor know what it will be like for her personally to raise a child, give it up for adoption, or have the abortion?

If you're saying can anyone tell you exactly what your life is going to be like if you choose the keep the child or give him up or for adoption or how you will feel if you have an abortion the answer is no, of course not. But the pros and cons of each decision should be given with as much explanation as possible in order them to make the most well informed decision they can.

I'm sure even a 14 year old has a good idea of what an abortion entails without seeing the photos of aborted fetuses. I don't see that as being any additional useful info, unless it is requested by the patient.

Really? I don't. I don't think they have a clue. Its a word to them, its a means to change their life back to 'before they got pregnant' and that's what they hear.

I do know that other than feeling like crap, in the first three months of pregnancy it is next to impossible to believe that you really are pregnant. You don't look it, you can't feel the baby moving yet, you don't see any visible changes in your body. How very easy it is to just dismiss the fact that you are pregnant and just 'get rid of it'. Pictures of aborted babies should be included in the information given to women, especially children (under 17) so they know fully and wholly exactly what it is that they are contemplating.

Forum List

Back