Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

What's the point anyway. If the military DOES NOT ASK about a persons sexual preference--& I mean straight or gays--what's the big deal?

In order so some gay pride people & can walk into a recruitment office & say look at me I am gay? Who's give a rat's ass--as long as they can make good military personel.

Do you see straight people walking into a recruitment office--stating look at me--I'm straight?---:lol::lol:

Sexual preference should not be involved in recruitment--& no one should ask. If gays want to be treated EQUAL to straights then keep the "Don't ask--Don't tell" Da--duh--Da--duh--Da--duh.---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

In theory, ok...But what is YOUR definition of "don't tell". I'd like to hear it.

I will presume that you are either a male or female that engages is some type of sexual activity--either straight or gay. Why would what you do in the privacy of your bedroom or anywhere else be any of my business or anyone else's for that matter.

I am certainly not going to disclose to you about my sexual encounters--& I certainly don't want to hear about yours---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

That's why don't ask--because I can assure you I won't ask--& don't tell, because I certainly don't want you to tell me about your sexual encounters.

But what if am asked by who what I'm doing over the weekend and I say I am going away with my girlfriend. Or if I had a picture of me and my girlfriend on my desk at work. I would be discharged for that....it is considered "telling". I am not even allowed to tell you who I'm married to or wear a wedding ring. To be safe, many women make up stories about their "boyfriends" in order to turn away questions. Do straight servicemembers have to keep quiet like that?

Forum List

Back