Obama to Arizona Governor: Don't Call Me, I'll Call You

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by WillowTree, May 31, 2010.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,684
    President Obama
    has turned down Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's request to meet while she's in Washington next week as tensions mount between his administration and Arizona over the state's new law cracking down on illegal immigrants.

Brewer will be in Washington to meet with other governors. She said Friday that she had asked to meet with Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to discuss border security and immigration. But Obama's schedule "doesn't allow for a meeting" with her, White House spokesman Adam Abrams said, adding that the president "does intend to sit down with the governor in the future."

When Obama returns from his Chicago vacation on Tuesday, he will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Peru President Alan Garcia at the White House. On Wednesday, Obama is meeting with Gen. Ray Odierno, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, before heading to an event in Pittsburgh and hosting a concert at the White House to honor Paul McCartney.

On Thursday, Obama will speak at Secretary Clinton's reception for a new partnership between U.S. and India. On Friday, the president will welcome the Major League Soccer men's championship team, Real Salt Lake, to the White House.

FOXNews.com - Obama to Arizona Governor: Don't Call Me, I'll Call You

so asswipe will meet with Calderon.. but refuses to see Gov. Brewer. No leadship.. We have no leadership.. None.. Whatsoever. Zip. Nada.

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    yeah, it's not like he has anything else to do.

why does she need to talk to him about immigration? she thinks the states are supposed to have their own immigration laws.

let her go enforce arizona's.

*shrug*

3. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,981
    I thought she was taking this problem into her own hands with this law.

Her emergency doesn't have to become Obama's crisis. He has other important issues on his plate now. She was pretty confident Arizona knew how to fix the problems in her state.

Imo, she made matters worse.

4. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    I wouldn't be seen with her in public either. Hell, his security detail might have vetoed that meeting for safety reasons.

5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,918
    Obama has a busy schedule: there are Congressmen to bribe, vacation, golf and if any Saudi Kings show up he has to work on his bow.

Busy, busy, busy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,684
    are you sure you are an attorney? If I were an attorney I would have stated the situation thusly.. Gov. Brewer knows the federal government is supposed to ensure that the borders and immigration laws are enforced. Gov. Brewer also knows that since the federal government has failed in it's duties to the citizens of Arizona specifically and the USA in general action must be taken. Gov. Brwer took action. Now a meeting with obie wan is in order. This is a serious serious situation and it is coming to a boiling point. obie wan shows no leadership. He is a total abysmal failure. well, for the US of course. he may be just fine for africa palastine or mexico.. but not for America.

7. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,684
    Paul McCarney concerts must be attended. The people in Arizona can root hog and die poor can't they?

8. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,981
    Yep. Too busy for her silliness. Let the powerful RNC help her out.

9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,918
    Yeah, it's not like illegal immigration is a big issue or anything.

Two US States with the biggest Illegal populations (NY and CA) are already de facto bankrupts, not a big deal when Paul McCartney is in town

10. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,684
    well at least you are honest. You stand for the great divider. And here I thought you people wanted a uniter. You lied Arizonans died.