Obama to Arizona Governor: Don't Call Me, I'll Call You

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
President Obama
has turned down Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's request to meet while she's in Washington next week as tensions mount between his administration and Arizona over the state's new law cracking down on illegal immigrants.

Brewer will be in Washington to meet with other governors. She said Friday that she had asked to meet with Obama and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to discuss border security and immigration. But Obama's schedule "doesn't allow for a meeting" with her, White House spokesman Adam Abrams said, adding that the president "does intend to sit down with the governor in the future."

When Obama returns from his Chicago vacation on Tuesday, he will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Peru President Alan Garcia at the White House. On Wednesday, Obama is meeting with Gen. Ray Odierno, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, before heading to an event in Pittsburgh and hosting a concert at the White House to honor Paul McCartney.

On Thursday, Obama will speak at Secretary Clinton's reception for a new partnership between U.S. and India. On Friday, the president will welcome the Major League Soccer men's championship team, Real Salt Lake, to the White House.

FOXNews.com - Obama to Arizona Governor: Don't Call Me, I'll Call You

so asswipe will meet with Calderon.. but refuses to see Gov. Brewer. No leadship.. We have no leadership.. None.. Whatsoever. Zip. Nada.

yeah, it's not like he has anything else to do.

why does she need to talk to him about immigration? she thinks the states are supposed to have their own immigration laws.

let her go enforce arizona's.

*shrug*

I thought she was taking this problem into her own hands with this law.

Her emergency doesn't have to become Obama's crisis. He has other important issues on his plate now. She was pretty confident Arizona knew how to fix the problems in her state.

Imo, she made matters worse.

I wouldn't be seen with her in public either. Hell, his security detail might have vetoed that meeting for safety reasons.

why does she need to talk to him about immigration? she thinks the states are supposed to have their own immigration laws.

*shrug*

are you sure you are an attorney? If I were an attorney I would have stated the situation thusly.. Gov. Brewer knows the federal government is supposed to ensure that the borders and immigration laws are enforced. Gov. Brewer also knows that since the federal government has failed in it's duties to the citizens of Arizona specifically and the USA in general action must be taken. Gov. Brwer took action. Now a meeting with obie wan is in order. This is a serious serious situation and it is coming to a boiling point. obie wan shows no leadership. He is a total abysmal failure. well, for the US of course. he may be just fine for africa palastine or mexico.. but not for America.

Obama has a busy schedule: there are Congressmen to bribe, vacation, golf and if any Saudi Kings show up he has to work on his bow.

Busy, busy, busy.

Paul McCarney concerts must be attended. The people in Arizona can root hog and die poor can't they?

Obama has a busy schedule: there are Congressmen to bribe, vacation, golf and if any Saudi Kings show up he has to work on his bow.

Busy, busy, busy.

Yep. Too busy for her silliness. Let the powerful RNC help her out.

Yeah, it's not like illegal immigration is a big issue or anything.

Two US States with the biggest Illegal populations (NY and CA) are already de facto bankrupts, not a big deal when Paul McCartney is in town

Busy, busy, busy.

well at least you are honest. You stand for the great divider. And here I thought you people wanted a uniter. You lied Arizonans died.

You done expect him to change his busy vacation schedule, do you?

Oh wait, I almost forgot that whole BP Spill thingy that Obama's been on top of since Day One.

Obama is such slime ball, he can the time to trash Arizona , but not to meet the governor .

Obama is such slime ball, he can the time to trash Arizona , but not to meet the governor .

as long as he keeps media matters george soros, huffingsome, and all the lefty lunatics happy I guess he figures he does his job well..

What??? You want the Obama man NOT to board Airforce One and hightail out it of here???? But that is what he does best - escape! The man is useless.

Busy, busy, busy.

Two US States with the biggest Illegal populations (NY and CA) are already de facto bankrupts, not a big deal when Paul McCartney is in town

Oh now, now. You all have everything worked out with that racist and bigoted law that was passed. Why does she need Obama all of the sudden?

Oh now, now. You all have everything worked out with that racist and bigoted law that was passed. Why does she need Obama all of the sudden?

you backward DUmmies keep saying it "racist" and "bigoted" but no one ever shows us what part of that law is "racist" and "bigoted". Why don't you be the first Sarah? It'll be a feather in yer cap.

*shrug*

Right. He's too busy playing golf and "thinking" about plugging the hole.

Obama is a coward. He has attacked the AZ law, and lacks the moral courage and decency to meet with the duly elected governor of the state he has targeted.

Mark my words, Jan Brewer will not be re elected and she will go down in history as almost bankrupting this city.

Yes, this is a bold prediction, but that's "how I roll baby." Gotta love your Republican leading man.

Forum List

Back