Obama thinks we're all stupid. Some of you really are.

And you don't.

If you like your private health care plan, you can keep it. Period.

See, that's up to your private health care insurer. Did you think that he meant that Obamacare was going to legislate that decision?

Where could that idea have come from?

Oh, never mind. I know.

You know what they say about assume.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo]36 Times Obama Said You Could Keep Your Health Care Plan - YouTube[/ame]

What he meant when he said 36 times "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period" was that the (un)aca wouldn't affect people's choice of keeping the plan they liked. The (un)aca did the opposite, it legislated people's choice.

He. Lied. Period.

"but, but, but obama!"

Spin little spider, spin.

See, that's up to your private health care insurer. Did you think that he meant that Obamacare was going to legislate that decision?

Oh, never mind. I know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo]36 Times Obama Said You Could Keep Your Health Care Plan - YouTube[/ame]

What he meant when he said 36 times "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period" was that the (un)aca wouldn't affect people's choice of keeping the plan they liked. The (un)aca did the opposite, it legislated people's choice.

He. Lied. Period.

"but, but, but obama!"

You're speaking to the problems of private corporation health care insurance. They can change policies every year at will. And do. In service of make more money regardless of the cost to others.

They were offered grandfathering. Some chose it. Some didn't.

It really is no exaggeration that Republicans do not have even one accomplishment to campaign on. 100% of what they can say to entice votes is based on democrats being even more incompetent than they.

It's been a long fall for them.

Oh, never mind. I know.

He. Lied. Period.

"but, but, but obama!"

You're speaking to the problems of private corporation health care insurance. They can change policies every year at will. And do. In service of make more money regardless of the cost to others.

They were offered grandfathering. Some chose it. Some didn't.

Thirty-six times: "If you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period" UNLESS was never spoken.

He. Lied.

Plans had a cost increase yet not one other thing changed ... but according to the (un)aca, the "plan" changed. Coverage didn't, just a cost increase. Which this admin knew would happen between 2010 and 2013. And yet ... obama continued on with his "you can keep it, period" lie.

He lied, he lies, he is a liar. Period. <--- no unless needed

Please, do continue

spiderweb1.gif

And you don't.

Oh, never mind. I know.

At the same time that Obama lied to me -- telling me that "I could keep my plan" --- he DID pass legislation that OUTLAWED my Prof Org from OFFERING me national group insurance thru that avenue..

HE and your revolutionary ShitHeads in Congress KNEW they were outlawing my plan WHILE they told me "I could keep it".. In this case, --- had NOTHING, NADA, ZERO to do with the insurance companies.

In other cases --- asstroll --- folks that HAD plans that they liked were not told that their plans NOW HAD TO UNDER LAW --- remove the lifetime caps and cover transgender assignment surgery. This was NOT ---- the plans that they liked.. And AGAIN --- the insurance companies were NOT the entities that FORCED modification to those plans.

You have MAJOR CARRIERS like United HealthCare simply stating that they are LEAVING many states because they WILL NOT write individual policies that comply with ACA for small groups or individuals. And I don't blame them --- I BLAME MORONS LIKE YOU that make excuses for attempting to tear up their policies and WITHOUT NEGOTIATION -- force individuals OUT of their plans for no good reason.

As usual --- you got nothing.. You're on the wrong side of logic and reason. And you want to blame the problem on either a talk show host or CO2. WHEN in fact ---- USEFUL IDIOT TOOLS like yourself --------- ARE the problem.

Last edited:

Oh, never mind. I know.

At the same time that Obama lied to me -- telling me that "I could keep my plan" --- he DID pass legislation that OUTLAWED my Prof Org from OFFERING me national group insurance thru that avenue..

HE and your revolutionary ShitHeads in Congress KNEW they were outlawing my plan WHILE they told me "I could keep it".. In this case, --- had NOTHING, NADA, ZERO to do with the insurance companies.

In other cases --- asstroll --- folks that HAD plans that they liked were not told that their plans NOW HAD TO UNDER LAW --- remove the lifetime caps and cover transgender assignment surgery. This was NOT ---- the plans that they liked.. And AGAIN --- the insurance companies were NOT the entities that FORCED modification to those plans.

You have MAJOR CARRIERS like United HealthCare simply stating that they are LEAVING many states because they WILL NOT write individual policies that comply with ACA for small groups or individuals. And I don't blame them --- I BLAME MORONS LIKE YOU that make excuses for attempting to tear up their policies and WITHOUT NEGOTIATION -- force individuals OUT of their plans for no good reason.

As usual --- you got nothing.. You're on the wrong side of logic and reason. And you want to want the problem on either a talk show host or CO2. WHEN in fact ---- USEFUL IDIOT TOOLS like yourself --------- ARE the problem.

He did his part, grandfathering. Talk to your insurance company if you're unhappy with their decisions. Or pick another one. Free market you know.

Oh, never mind. I know.

As usual --- you got nothing.. You're on the wrong side of logic and reason. And you want to want the problem on either a talk show host or CO2. WHEN in fact ---- USEFUL IDIOT TOOLS like yourself --------- ARE the problem.

He did his part, grandfathering. Talk to your insurance company if you're unhappy with their decisions. Or pick another one. Free market you know.

Your Dear Leader should be ON HIS WAY TO JAIL --- for insurance FRAUD.. But that would only apply IF he was part of the "free market" wouldn't it? Where dishonesty, THEFT, and FRAUD actually has consequences..

Instead of competent PROFESSIONALS with DECADES of insurance experience managing my health care group.. Now I have a LYING ASS PREZ, and an army of ACORN agitators as UNLICENSED UNACCOUNTABLE navigators to "guide me"..

Ex-cons who have NO IDEA what an actuarial table is.. But that wouldn't bother an asstroll would it?

Your Dear Leader should be ON HIS WAY TO JAIL --- for insurance FRAUD.. But that would only apply IF he was part of the "free market" wouldn't it? Where dishonesty, THEFT, and FRAUD actually has consequences..

Instead of competent PROFESSIONALS with DECADES of insurance experience managing my health care group.. Now I have a LYING ASS PREZ, and an army of ACORN agitators as UNLICENSED UNACCOUNTABLE navigators to "guide me"..

Ex-cons who have NO IDEA what an actuarial table is.. But that wouldn't bother an asstroll would it?

Most people under 65 have insurance from private insurance companies.

You must be the exception. Medicaid?

Oh, never mind. I know.

no hell that is not his part staying out of my life is his part.

no hell that is not his part staying out of my life is his part.

You can have that!

Our enemies have no respect for America and Americans.
Speaking of fawning bootlickers...

Am I your enemy, boy? What are you going to do about it? Post with unmerited arrogance on the internet? That'll show me, won't it?

Run along, child. You're hopelessly outclassed.

I can't think of a single person with less class than you.
...hes said, from the safe warm confines of Obama's transverse colon.

Meanwhile, you've utterly failed to answer the question (gasp :cool: ):

Am I your enemy, boy?

U
Speaking of fawning bootlickers...

Am I your enemy, boy? What are you going to do about it? Post with unmerited arrogance on the internet? That'll show me, won't it?

Run along, child. You're hopelessly outclassed.

I can't think of a single person with less class than you.
...hes said, from the safe warm confines of Obama's transverse colon.

Meanwhile, you've utterly failed to answer the question (gasp :cool: ):

Am I your enemy, boy?

Yes, America's enemies are my enemies gramps.

From 2010:

Throughout the health reform debate, the President has been clear that we should build on the insurance system we have, keeping the parts that work and gradually fixing the parts that don’t.

The Affordable Care Act is designed to let Americans keep their health insurance if they like it while adding important consumer benefits to give businesses, families and individuals higher quality (my comment: higher quality care = more things covered whether you need/want them or not = less choice for the consumer) care at lower prices and more control over their own care (my comment: less control because you have less choice).

Later today, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and I will announce the latest step we’re taking to implement the Affordable Care Act with the announcement of a new regulation that is a key part of this approach.

The new regulation will expand new consumer protections to all Americans with health insurance, moving us toward the competitive, patient-centered market of the future. This rule reflects the President’s policy that Americans should be able to keep their health plan and doctor if they want.

Here’s how the new rule will work:

Starting with health plan or policy years beginning on or after September 23, Americans with private health insurance plans will get some new consumer protections. For example, insurance companies will be prohibited from putting lifetime limits on your coverage. And they’ll no longer be able to cancel your insurance when you get sick just by finding an error in your paperwork.(my comment: and all you children, men and older women will be covered for maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental)! Don't forget rehab services too!)

Health coverage that was in effect when the Affordable Care Act was enacted will be exempt from some provisions in the Act if they remain “grandfathered” under a provision in the law. Under the rule issued today, employers or issuers offering such coverage will have the flexibility of making reasonable changes without losing their “grandfathered” status. For example, employers will be able to make some changes to the benefits their plans offer, raise premiums or change employee cost-sharing to keep pace with health costs within some limits, and continue to enroll new employees and their families.
(my comment: KEY here is they changed this rule, see second link below)

However, if health plans significantly raise co-payments or deductibles, or if they significantly reduce benefits – for example, if they stop covering treatment for a disease like HIV/AIDS or cystic fibrosis – they’ll lose their grandfathered status and their customers will get the same full set of consumer protections as new plans.

The bottom line is that under the Affordable Care Act, if you like your doctor and plan, you can keep them.<---Outright lie.

Keeping the Plan You Like | The White House

In November 2010, HHS modified the regulation to provide even further flexibility for larger companies, even allowing them to change insurance providers without losing grandfathered status, despite already giving them favorable treatment. According to the HHS fact-check:

“Previously, one of the ways an employer group health plan could lose its grandfather status was if the employer changed issuers – switching from one insurance company to another. The original regulation only allowed self-funded plans to change third-party administrators without necessarily losing their grandfathered plan status. Today’s amendment allows all group health plans to switch insurance companies and shop for the same coverage at a lower cost while maintaining their grandfathered status, so long as the structure of the coverage doesn’t violate one of the other rules for maintaining grandfathered plan status.”

By comparison, HHS regulations for individual insurance coverage ensured that relatively minor changes to these plans — for example, an increase in the deductible above a certain amount — would result in these plans losing grandfathered status. Whereas the regulations allowed businesses to swap out one insurance carrier for another, buyers in the individual insurance market could not even change plans with the same carrier without losing protected status. (my comment: obama KNEW since 2010 that individual plans would be cancelled by the millions and yet he continuously, CONTINUOUSLY, went out and lied, saying "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period".)

During a White House meeting with President Obama in February 2010, then-House Minority Whip Eric Cantor challenged the President directly about his repeated claims that Americans would be able to keep their existing insurance plans if they desired. The President’s response was that they were not being forced to change, but that they would do so voluntarily in order to get a “better deal.” (my comment: obama never bothered answering Cantor, instead he blathered on with the shit of 'people would voluntarily switch out their individual plans for something on the exchange'. obama never bothered answering the fact that due to changes made to the grandfathering clause, individuals would lose the ability to keep the plan they liked. Period.)

“The eight to nine million Americans that you refer that might have to change their health insurance—keep in mind out of the 300 million Americans that we’re talking about—would be folks who the CBO—the Congressional Budget Office—estimates would find the deal in the exchange better, would be a better deal,” Obama said in response to a question from Cantor. “So yes, they would change coverage because they’ve got more choice and competition.”

Only four months later, President Obama’s administration would release the regulations, ensuring that most of the seventeen million people with individual coverage would lose their plans, whether they liked them or not. (my comment: obama has lied from nearly the beginning on being able to keep your plan if you liked it. They re-wrote the regulations that determined what was required to keep the plan as is or what would cancel it. HHS arbitrarily changed the law? I thought only congress could change a law?)

Obama modified 'grandfathering' rules to benefit businesses | The Daily Caller

I'm still waiting to hear from someone who supposedly just loooved his non-compliant policy...

My brother had an individual catastrophic plan. It did not cover prescriptions because the one prescription he takes only needs to be filled once or twice a year and he would rather pay out of pocket because that is cheaper. It covered four doc visits per year. It covered catastrophic things ... cancer, accidents, hospitalization. You know, the big stuff. It was reasonably priced ($156/month) with a reasonable deductible ($3,000/yr or so, might be a bit less than that).

Now? He's looking at at least double premium for similar coverage, and that coverage includes things he neither needs nor wants but has zero choice in having and a higher deductible. This is an individual plan that is still with IBC. He went to a meeting last week to obtain this info ... not one person who attended the meeting was under 50 but every single one of them will have to pay for things (maternity, newborn, pediatric) they will never need, use, want.

Go on, joe, sing the obama praise some more.

Idiot.

From 2010:

Throughout the health reform debate, the President has been clear that we should build on the insurance system we have, keeping the parts that work and gradually fixing the parts that don’t.

The Affordable Care Act is designed to let Americans keep their health insurance if they like it while adding important consumer benefits to give businesses, families and individuals higher quality (my comment: higher quality care = more things covered whether you need/want them or not = less choice for the consumer) care at lower prices and more control over their own care (my comment: less control because you have less choice).

Later today, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis and I will announce the latest step we’re taking to implement the Affordable Care Act with the announcement of a new regulation that is a key part of this approach.

The new regulation will expand new consumer protections to all Americans with health insurance, moving us toward the competitive, patient-centered market of the future. This rule reflects the President’s policy that Americans should be able to keep their health plan and doctor if they want.

Starting with health plan or policy years beginning on or after September 23, Americans with private health insurance plans will get some new consumer protections. For example, insurance companies will be prohibited from putting lifetime limits on your coverage. And they’ll no longer be able to cancel your insurance when you get sick just by finding an error in your paperwork.(my comment: and all you children, men and older women will be covered for maternity, newborn, pediatric care (including vision and dental)! Don't forget rehab services too!)

Health coverage that was in effect when the Affordable Care Act was enacted will be exempt from some provisions in the Act if they remain “grandfathered” under a provision in the law. Under the rule issued today, employers or issuers offering such coverage will have the flexibility of making reasonable changes without losing their “grandfathered” status. For example, employers will be able to make some changes to the benefits their plans offer, raise premiums or change employee cost-sharing to keep pace with health costs within some limits, and continue to enroll new employees and their families.

However, if health plans significantly raise co-payments or deductibles, or if they significantly reduce benefits – for example, if they stop covering treatment for a disease like HIV/AIDS or cystic fibrosis – they’ll lose their grandfathered status and their customers will get the same full set of consumer protections as new plans.

The bottom line is that under the Affordable Care Act, if you like your doctor and plan, you can keep them.<---Outright lie.

In November 2010, HHS modified the regulation to provide even further flexibility for larger companies, even allowing them to change insurance providers without losing grandfathered status, despite already giving them favorable treatment. According to the HHS fact-check:

“Previously, one of the ways an employer group health plan could lose its grandfather status was if the employer changed issuers – switching from one insurance company to another. The original regulation only allowed self-funded plans to change third-party administrators without necessarily losing their grandfathered plan status. Today’s amendment allows all group health plans to switch insurance companies and shop for the same coverage at a lower cost while maintaining their grandfathered status, so long as the structure of the coverage doesn’t violate one of the other rules for maintaining grandfathered plan status.”

By comparison, HHS regulations for individual insurance coverage ensured that relatively minor changes to these plans — for example, an increase in the deductible above a certain amount — would result in these plans losing grandfathered status. Whereas the regulations allowed businesses to swap out one insurance carrier for another, buyers in the individual insurance market could not even change plans with the same carrier without losing protected status. (my comment: obama KNEW since 2010 that individual plans would be cancelled by the millions and yet he continuously, CONTINUOUSLY, went out and lied, saying "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period".)

During a White House meeting with President Obama in February 2010, then-House Minority Whip Eric Cantor challenged the President directly about his repeated claims that Americans would be able to keep their existing insurance plans if they desired. The President’s response was that they were not being forced to change, but that they would do so voluntarily in order to get a “better deal.” (my comment: obama never bothered answering Cantor, instead he blathered on with the shit of 'people would voluntarily switch out their individual plans for something on the exchange'. obama never bothered answering the fact that due to changes made to the grandfathering clause, individuals would lose the ability to keep the plan they liked. Period.)

“The eight to nine million Americans that you refer that might have to change their health insurance—keep in mind out of the 300 million Americans that we’re talking about—would be folks who the CBO—the Congressional Budget Office—estimates would find the deal in the exchange better, would be a better deal,” Obama said in response to a question from Cantor. “So yes, they would change coverage because they’ve got more choice and competition.”

Only four months later, President Obama’s administration would release the regulations, ensuring that most of the seventeen million people with individual coverage would lose their plans, whether they liked them or not. (my comment: obama has lied from nearly the beginning on being able to keep your plan if you liked it. They re-wrote the regulations that determined what was required to keep the plan as is or what would cancel it. HHS arbitrarily changed the law? I thought only congress could change a law?)

" Only four months later, President Obama’s administration would release the regulations, ensuring that most of the seventeen million people with individual coverage would lose their plans, whether they liked them or not. "

What were those regulations that eliminated the grandfathering choice for insurance companies?

From 2010:

" Only four months later, President Obama’s administration would release the regulations, ensuring that most of the seventeen million people with individual coverage would lose their plans, whether they liked them or not. "

What were those regulations that eliminated the grandfathering choice for insurance companies?

What difference, at this point, does it make? obama knew from Nov 2010 that individual health insurance plans would be cancelled and yet he continuously said "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period". He didn't say "if you like your group plan you can keep your group plan; 17 million who have individual plans will likely have yours cancelled". He didn't say "if you like your plan you can keep your plan UNLESS ...". Hell, he didn't even say "if you like your plan you can keep your plan unless the newly re-written grand-father regulations prohibit that, please make sure to find out if this pertains to you. For information on this please go here."

He knew millions would lose their plans and yet he went out and lied about it by saying "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period."

What difference, at this point, does it make? obama knew from Nov 2010 that individual health insurance plans would be cancelled and yet he continuously said "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period". He didn't say "if you like your group plan you can keep your group plan; 17 million who have individual plans will likely have yours cancelled". He didn't say "if you like your plan you can keep your plan UNLESS ...". Hell, he didn't even say "if you like your plan you can keep your plan unless the newly re-written grand-father regulations prohibit that, please make sure to find out if this pertains to you. For information on this please go here."

He knew millions would lose their plans and yet he went out and lied about it by saying "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period."

I think you are trying to sell the Republican desperate propaganda that blames Obama on insurance business decisions.

What we're the regulations that eliminated the grandfathering choice?

I think you are trying to sell the Republican desperate propaganda that blames Obama on insurance business decisions.

What we're the regulations that eliminated the grandfathering choice?

Try reading what I posted, above. They pandered to business group coverage and nailed individual coverage for those same changes.

You don't think at all. Why do you refuse to comment on the obvious? Regardless of what the regulations were/were changed to .... the fact is that obama paraded around and continuously, repeatedly, matter-of-factly stated that "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period". He put no conditions on his statement, did he? You have dodged this over and over and over in this thread and constantly try to shift the fact that obama lied onto the insurance companies. You are wrong. And no one is blaming obama for decisions that businesses make ... we're blaming obama for lying to people when he said they could keep their plans.

If the case was "you can keep your plan if you like your plan UNLESS your provider blah, blah, blah" he should have stated such. He. Did. Not. and he knew for three years that millions would get the shaft. He lied. Keep dancing around it.

Forum List

Back