Obama the tone deaf party pooper

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Yet on this day, many locals on the streets of Mumbai didn't seem to agree with the President, who seemed to have assumed an "extraordinarily warm welcome" he referred to in his speech at the Taj. In addition to the inconvenience of having to put up with travel and access restrictions, residents are sore about having to curtail their Diwali celebrations. "It's wonderful to have him come and speak to the youth but on Diwali weekend?" Mumbai-based actor Rahul Bose said, speaking for many in Mumbai when he appeared on TV channel NDTV 24X7. "Surely somebody on the Indian side's to blame for agreeing."

Diwali is the biggest, brightest, loudest Indian festival, which celebrates the victory of good over evil, and this year it fell on a Friday, giving everyone a long festive weekend of shopping and bursting crackers. But the President's visit has seriously hampered the festivities in the hip, wealthy South Bombay area of India's financial capital, nicknamed SoBo, where he will spend most of his time in Mumbai.

Here, the markets were empty on Saturday - the day after Diwali, and the day of the President's arrival - at a time that would normally witness the year's biggest orgy of consumerism. Bursting of firecrackers has been banned in some areas on Saturday and Sunday - which is like banning Christmas trees on Christmas - until the President leaves for New Delhi Sunday afternoon. Marine Drive, the 3-km sea-facing boulevard in south Mumbai, was isolated, as car access was restricted from time to time during the day. Just the night before, thousands had thronged here to let off firecrackers and witness fireworks that stretched into the horizon.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz14WwLkHIt

good job mr. president....!!

Yet on this day, many locals on the streets of Mumbai didn't seem to agree with the President, who seemed to have assumed an "extraordinarily warm welcome" he referred to in his speech at the Taj. In addition to the inconvenience of having to put up with travel and access restrictions, residents are sore about having to curtail their Diwali celebrations. "It's wonderful to have him come and speak to the youth but on Diwali weekend?" Mumbai-based actor Rahul Bose said, speaking for many in Mumbai when he appeared on TV channel NDTV 24X7. "Surely somebody on the Indian side's to blame for agreeing."
Whatta shame he never learned to party like Republicans.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5i6DC2BtM&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbGfWngzCk[/ame]

:eek:

Last edited:
You know, it bugged me when foreigners criticized Bush and it bugs me when they criticize Obama. Fuck them. If India didn't want him they shouldn't have let him in the country.

But, Yurt, at least he's not a living room lesbian, right?

:lol:

You know, it bugged me when foreigners criticized Bush and it bugs me when they criticize Obama. Fuck them. If India didn't want him they shouldn't have let him in the country.

Is he a dining room lesbian?

dickstripped.gif

"HEY!!! Don't FORGET!!...It was HER MOTHER'S FAULT!!!....NOT MINE!!!"

i may have had a margarita or three when i said that :razz:

its their country, if they don't like the timing of his visit, why shouldn't they voice their opinion? they didn't have a say when he came....obama could have not been his typical tone deaf self and realized it was a major holiday and he KNOWS his visit will be a major disruption....but as usual...obama doesn't care and since his nose is so high in the air he doesn't care what the "common" folk think

Looks like maybe the Obamas weren't such party poopers after all! :lol:

Dancing Obamas charm India

NEW DELHI -- They have dubbed it "the Obama Indian Tango."

It might be better known as "How Barack's Wife Got the President's Groove Back."

One of the biggest questions facing President Barack Obama since the Democrats' Election Day shellacking was whether he'd still have that "Yes We Can" charisma that energized people around the world. Apparently, in India, the answer is yes.

On Sunday, Obama won accolades among Indians for at least trying out his moves with folk dance performers at a Mumbai high school, though it was First Lady Michelle Obama that did most of the charming by sticking with the dance until the song was over.

Dancing Obamas charm India - World AP - MiamiHerald.com

Whatta shame he never learned to party like Republicans.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5i6DC2BtM&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbGfWngzCk[/ame]

:eek:

He needs to learn how to party from a real party the tea party. They are :clap2:winners.

Sounds like his incompetent staff was totally unaware of the holiday,

or just didn't think it was any big deal.

Whichever, it's a major gaffe.

btw, the last time the holiday fell on a Fried-day was in 2004, so I suppose it would have been a pretty big deal to the people to have it messed up this year.

Forum List

Back