Obama tells GOP to leave his wife alone

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Boo Hoo Hoo. She has a problem and he knows it. Her mouth has gotten him in trouble twice already, he better muzzle her or accepted the fact she is a drain on his run.

I'm a bit disappointed in him for this particular comment I must say. It might very well be low-class, but it's nothing he shouldn't have expected. As if he's the first presidential candidate to have his family attacked.

But I still hope he wins.

I'm a bit disappointed in him for this particular comment I must say. It might very well be low-class, but it's nothing he shouldn't have expected. As if he's the first presidential candidate to have his family attacked.

But I still hope he wins.

His wife IS a valid target when she stumps for him and makes ignorant comments like she has in the past. He better get her to be quiet from now on or suffer the consequences of his wife's mouth.

The guy functions in his own world, there's no doubt about it.

And you just know he wanted to say "white trash talk" instead of "low class".

He sort of reminds me of the Clintons in their younger, dumber years, when they thought they were "above it all" and everyone should accept whatever they said at face value, and never, EVER ask questions. Or at least questions that weren't approved first....before the press turned on thme....

He sort of reminds me of the Clintons in their younger, dumber years, when they thought they were "above it all" and everyone should accept whatever they said at face value, and never, EVER ask questions. Or at least questions that weren't approved first....before the press turned on thme....

Wait a minute, now you're just being nuts. White trash talk? Are you saying only whites are capable of being low class?

:cuckoo:

Whoops, forgot: :cool:
Though honestly, I think he thinks that....he really pissed off a huge percentage of the country with his "clinging to guns and religion" and antipathy to those not like themselves comments. I don't think he was referring to poor blacks in Atlanta....

His wife IS a valid target when she stumps for him and makes ignorant comments like she has in the past. He better get her to be quiet from now on or suffer the consequences of his wife's mouth.

Are children fair game. Do you recall how Reagan’s daughter dissed him? How about when his wife consulted astrology. That was a hoot. No. I don’t buy it. It is not fair. We are not voting for his wife. We are voting for Obama. Leave spouses out of it. I think that it is sort of cowardice and desperate for people to go after spouses.

And they were both ridiculed and mocked and criticized for it.

Besides which, Nancy wasn't speaking to the public about her astrologers, or what she thought of Americans and their views of them.

Mrs. Obama should be given some leeway as far as personal things...she shouldn't get blasted for what she wears, how much she weighs, whether or not she has relatives who have done distasteful things. But if you're CAMPAIGNING and you're criticizing the American people, and you're talking to the issues, it's idiotic to expect people to not respond to what she says because she's somebody's wife.

that's what president bush has done!!!!!!! ;)

Are children fair game. Do you recall how Reagan’s daughter dissed him? How about when his wife consulted astrology. That was a hoot. No. I don’t buy it. It is not fair. We are not voting for his wife. We are voting for Obama. Leave spouses out of it. I think that it is sort of cowardice and desperate for people to go after spouses.

matt? she's an adult, not a child?

do you think bill clinton would have been ''left out of it''?

was hillary clinton, when bill was running, ''left out of it''?

of course not! not when the wifey is stumping for you?

Obama, can handle this, and so can michelle....

this is just one of the signs that he was not the strongest candidate in this race to run the country....a weakness to really bitch about this....maybe hillary should have been harder on him, to get him ready!!!!!!!

he ain't seen nothin' yet, when it comes to what the republicans will do in the general!

care

Amy Carter and Chelsea were two of the most homely girls I've ever seen in my life while their dads were in the White House and they were given a pass.

I think it's appropriate to criticize campaigners for things they say while on the trail. It's inappropriate to target children who aren't participating (except as adults) or other family members for things which have nothing to do with the politics and/or security of the country.

that's what president bush has done!!!!!!! ;)

Except the press didn't fall in line with Bush, and did all they could to destroy him (I loved it when they predicted he would lose the re-election and were WRONG, or when they made up stories about voters being strong-armed away from polls in Florida. What a joke.)

matt? she's an adult, not a child?

do you think bill clinton would have been ''left out of it''?

was hillary clinton, when bill was running, ''left out of it''?

of course not! not when the wifey is stumping for you?

Obama, can handle this, and so can michelle....

this is just one of the signs that he was not the strongest candidate in this race to run the country....a weakness to really bitch about this....maybe hillary should have been harder on him, to get him ready!!!!!!!

he ain't seen nothin' yet, when it comes to what the republicans will do in the general!

care

Not really. The brilliant Dems have already assassinated his candidacy. All we have to do is re-hash all the garbage they've provided.

Go Dems!

Flipping idiots.

Amy Carter and Chelsea were two of the most homely girls I've ever seen in my life while their dads were in the White House and they were given a pass.

I think it's appropriate to criticize campaigners for things they say while on the trail. It's inappropriate to target children who aren't participating (except as adults) or other family members for things which have nothing to do with the politics and/or security of the country.

Chelsea did not get a free pass. THe media gave her a fair amount of criticism.

http://www.zpub.com/un/Chelsea.html

Its a noble gesture, and not a sign of weakness. They shouldn't be attacking his family, but of course they will continue.

By the way, I think McCain said something similar when he was trying to justify his wife not releasing her tax returns.

Its a noble gesture, and not a sign of weakness. They shouldn't be attacking his family, but of course they will continue.

By the way, I think McCain said something similar when he was trying to justify his wife not releasing her tax returns.

it WAS noble for him to defend her, i do agree....

it was wrong of him to STOOP to their level, labeling and calling the attacks: ''Low Class''..... imho, he would have been smarter to refrain from these ''kind of'' remarks because he is already hurting with the lower class white voter and these loons will take that ''derogatory comment'' and try to continue to use it against him, coupled with obama's other ''bitter'' comment made in california....

he needs the whole country behind him or at least giving him a ''chance''.... to succeed as President too, especially with the HUGE, HUGE problems that we face.....we need a somewhat united country to solve our BIG issues.

care

if a spouse campaigns publically, he/she has thrown themselves into the public spotlight and their public comments are fair game. to suggest otherwise is nonsensical.

Forum List

Back