Obama tells GOP to leave his wife alone

They are candidates right along with their spouses.

Consider Hillary if you don't believe it. And I don't think anybody doubts it, except maybe Obama, who has shown again and again that he's completely out of tune with the world....I'll bet his wife slaps him regularly for the stupid things he says.

Speaking of which, did anyone catch the clip of Chelsea (I think here in Oregon) saying she had no doubt her mother would make a better president than her dad?

I'll bet Chelsea slaps both her parents around.....

When the attacks are on your guy's family members, it's uncalled for. When it's on the other guy's family, it's all fair game. Got it!:eusa_doh:

Seriously, anyone that thinks they can run for president without enduring a microscope being jammed up every known family member's and acquantance's arses is in for a rude awakening. It's up to the voting public to remember who they're actually voting for.

It's kind of like the difference between comedy and tragedy... tragedy is *my* stubbed toe; comedy is *your* broken leg. :cool:

The truth is, I think it depends on what is being criticized. But I am wondering if all the people who are offended that McCain's wife is criticized for her money, etc., were equally offended when people went after Theresa Heinz Kerry.

I'm offended by it all. I was offended when Hillary held onto her tax returns. But it appears to be "the thing" to do now.

Its a noble gesture, and not a sign of weakness. They shouldn't be attacking his family, but of course they will continue.

By the way, I think McCain said something similar when he was trying to justify his wife not releasing her tax returns.

McCain, defends his wife from others but reserves the right to call her a c**t.

I'm offended by it all. I was offended when Hillary held onto her tax returns. But it appears to be "the thing" to do now.

I'm not offended by any of it. The only reason I made such a stink about Hillary's white people comment was to piss off Ravi and Jill. That was a hoot!

Was it this wife or his other one? I just assumed if he was calling his wife names it was his ex....

do you notice that every time anyone points out what an obama says and then disagrees or criticizes the comment that the obamas take it as a personal attack??

they both need to grow a thicker skin, seriously if they are so easily offended by a hacked together you tube ad, what are they going to do when some real political heat comes their way?

When the attacks are on your guy's family members, it's uncalled for. When it's on the other guy's family, it's all fair game. Got it!:eusa_doh:

Seriously, anyone that thinks they can run for president without enduring a microscope being jammed up every known family member's and acquantance's arses is in for a rude awakening. It's up to the voting public to remember who they're actually voting for.

personal attacks are not good, and if the family member wishes to remain out of the public spotlight. so it doesn't matter what an adult spouse/relative says on the campaign trail, such words are off limits because they are family? this is not a case of ramming a microscope as you call it, rather, she put herself in the public spotlight.

Hillary doesn't say... don't attack my stumping husband.
McCain doesn't say... don't attack my stumping wife.

But Obama says... don't attack MY stumping wife. She can say what she wants to say, but YOU better keep your mouth shut up about her.

This BO character sure stinks when it comes to free speech....

personal attacks are not good, and if the family member wishes to remain out of the public spotlight. so it doesn't matter what an adult spouse/relative says on the campaign trail, such words are off limits because they are family? this is not a case of ramming a microscope as you call it, rather, she put herself in the public spotlight.

Is it too much to ask for complete sentences?

Are children fair game. Do you recall how Reagan’s daughter dissed him? How about when his wife consulted astrology. That was a hoot. No. I don’t buy it. It is not fair. We are not voting for his wife. We are voting for Obama. Leave spouses out of it. I think that it is sort of cowardice and desperate for people to go after spouses.

I disagree. When that spouse is campaigning on his behalf and running off at the mouth, valid target.

Whether or not you think they should be left out of it, the potential First Lady matters to people in this country, and their behavior is going to be examined, discussed, and by some, ridiculed.

Especially when the line is sometimes blurred as to which one exactly IS the President.

The sad thing is people forgave Obama for Wright. They said, "Well you can sit in a guy's church for 20 years and listen to his racist, anti-American remarks, but you don't have to believe it."

But can you be married to someone for that long and listen to them put down the country you wish to lead and not believe in what they say? My best guess is no, you can't.

There are so many signs pointing to Obama's lack of love for America, and the general public is just too fucking stupid to see it.

Forum List

Back