Obama sure lied to NASA

Campaigning there in 08 he said he would never allow them to fold up.
He spoke at NASA stating that.
And then he folds them up.

NASA has been closed up? Really? news to me. Got a link?

I live very close to Mission Control here at Johnson Space Center and there are a ton of folks locally getting pink slips from NASA, but no... they are not closed.

YET :confused:

Just for the record too..... Bush is to blame for alot of it as well.... not just Barak Obama.

SO, let me get this straight...

Obama spends a lot of money, and you guys complain...

Obama cuts back on programs to save money, so you guys complain.

Wow, you people really need to stop whining.

At the moment, along with foreseeable moments, we still depend on the Russians to send a U.S. astronaut into space.
Don't know about any of you; for decades one source of pride about being an American was our space program AND our ability to send an American into space anytime we wanted to.
Currently, we do not have that capability.

For now. There are Private companies out there that are stepping up...

SPACEX

Fear not...

NASA Announces Dragon To Space Station

So... Just to see if I have this right:

Obama is creating less government involvement in an industry...

But continues to encourage private enterprise to get involved through programs like the Commercial Space Transportation Grants Program

So, you approve of this Obama policy, correct?

Just a step closer to privatizing space exploration.

Get it?

We could send the poor people to space ... :eusa_think:

As colonists on Newt's moon colony?
Excellent idea!

Can we send Nancy Pelosi 1st?

Kind of like that whale that the boys from South Park sent.... :lmao:

Tom.png

Last edited:
Im sure Obama has a couple of redeeming qualities.... but encouraging the private sector does not happen very often at all with him, and is completely out of character for him.

Yet, apparently when he does, some right-wingers on this board still write a thread bitching about it.

How sad that we are now reduced to hitching a ride with the Russians if we want to get someone into space.

SPACEX

Fear not...

I was wondering when someone would mention Dragon. It's been approved for a docking test. Assuming that goes as planned, there will likely be a few supply missions prior to a manned launch. Kewl beans!

At the moment, along with foreseeable moments, we still depend on the Russians to send a U.S. astronaut into space.
Don't know about any of you; for decades one source of pride about being an American was our space program AND our ability to send an American into space anytime we wanted to.
Obama had to make sure one more piece of American exceptionalism was destroyed.

Its only there to make Mooslims feel good about themselves anyhoo.... so who cares right?

Its only there to make Mooslims feel good about themselves anyhoo.... so who cares right?

Whom can forget that edict?:badgrin:

Y'know, if he was trying to dispel the "Obama is a Muslim!" meme -- he went about it in exactly the wrong way.

How sad that we are now reduced to hitching a ride with the Russians if we want to get someone into space.

SPACEX

Fear not...

I was wondering when someone would mention Dragon. It's been approved for a docking test. Assuming that goes as planned, there will likely be a few supply missions prior to a manned launch. Kewl beans!

Isn't it?

I live darn close to the only Spaceport on the East Coast certified for Horizonal take offs and landings in the private Space industry...

Cecil Field which used to be a Navy Master Jet Base and ceded to the Community by the Navy...

JAA Adds Concept ‘Y’ Horizontal Launch Vehicles To Cecil Spaceport Planning

Jacksonville's Cecil Field certified as spaceport

So, now you're admitting that a government program was exceptionally successful?

And all the other righties are thanking you for making said statement?

Well, that is interesting.

Campaigning there in 08 he said he would never allow them to fold up.
He spoke at NASA stating that.
And then he folds them up.

First off NASA isn't "folded up". Where the hell did you come up with that?

Second, Bush said he wouldn't "nation build" but then turned around and invaded and occupied a nation for no good reason.

Bottom line? Pols lie to get elected and yes, times can change which requires changing how you deal with them.

You are 100% right Goose. Thank you.

I am changing the name of this thread to:

OBAMA IS A GOD DAMNED LIAR

He said he was not going to eliminate those jobs there and he did.
But hey, wait a damn minute! It is okay for Obama to lie and cut jobs because Obama, he cares and has feelings for people and wants to do good and holds hands telling everyone everything is going to be fine.
But if a Republican fires anyone in the private sector, ON NO, HE IS TERRIBLE AND HATES PEOPLE.
Got it Goose. Thank you so much for clearing that up and reminding me Obama is a liar and that should have been the name of this thread.
Tootles.
Answer this question:

Does Obama have the power to allocate funding to NASA?

If you believe so, then cite the authority in the Constitution.

Forum List

Back