Obama sure lied to NASA

So now we like Nasa? Odd i thought people wanted it scrapped for more private ventures.........I see they where just full of shit like usual.
Not sure if this was aimed at me, but I actually did like NASA when they were going balls-out during the Gemini and Apollo years. Unfortunately now they act like just another bloated government bureaucracy.

Or the shuttles being retired.

No worries we suck up to the Russians now, Obama just needs more flexibility.

The planning for the shuttle program shut down began under Bush. It's just one more Bush policy Obama continued.

Bush had a replacement program that Obama and Pelosi cancelled

I'm actually OK with private enterprise picking up the slack for transporting crew and cargo to the ISS. I'd rather see the money spent on the moon or Mars. Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon though.

He must have watched 60 minutes last night that did the piece. The OP failed to mentioned the part that talked about the transfer to private sector transfer and how Congress helped to derail a lot of that effort.

Yes, that's it..I saw that...

This is the statists attempt to keep colonization of space from happening. They know what happened when the US and the rest of the western hemisphere became independent from their grasp in Europe. They don't like anybody getting out of their control. Space colonization could lead to new nations being built on the Moon and Mars independent from Earth entirely.
They can't have that.

He must have watched 60 minutes last night that did the piece. The OP failed to mentioned the part that talked about the transfer to private sector transfer and how Congress helped to derail a lot of that effort.

Yes, that's it..I saw that...

This is the statists attempt to keep colonization of space from happening. They know what happened when the US and the rest of the western hemisphere became independent from their grasp in Europe. They don't like anybody getting out of their control. Space colonization could lead to new nations being built on the Moon and Mars independent from Earth entirely.
They can't have that.

:lol: But just think of all that real estate they could tax!

01282012-6v.jpg

Romney receives space endorsements
"America will once again lead the world in space."
01/31/2012

Mitt Romney picked up endorsements from a group of prominent figures from the space program, as reported by Florida Today:

A group that includes the first space shuttle pilot, the last man to walk on the moon and a former NASA administrator endorsed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Friday, saying the former Massachusetts governor would ensure "America will once again lead the world in space."

Here is what Romney had to say on the topic of space exploration during the second Florida debate, beginning with a response to Gingrich’s moonbase proposal:

That’s an enormous expense. And right now I want to be spending money here. Of course the space coast has been badly hurt and I believe in a very vibrant and strong space program. To define the mission for our space program, I’d like to bring in the — the top professors that relate to space areas and physics, the top people from industry. Because I want to make sure what we’re doing in space translates into commercial products. I want to bring in our top military experts on space needs.

And — and finally of course, the — the people from — the administration if I had an administration. I’d like to come together and talk about different options and the cost. I’d like corporate America as well as the defense network and others that could come together in a — in a part — in, if you will, a partnership basis to create a plan that will keep our space program thriving and growing. I — I believe in a manned space program. I’d like to see whether they believe in the same thing.

I’m not — I’m not looking for a — a colony on the moon. I think the cost of that would be in the hundreds of billions, if not trillions. I’d rather be rebuilding housing here in the U.S.

Later in the debate, Romney accused Gingrich of pandering to Space Coast voters with his big plans for the Final Frontier:

I spent 25 years in business. If I had a business executive come to me and say they wanted to spend a few hundred billion dollars to put a colony on the moon, I’d say, “You’re fired.”

The idea that corporate America wants to go off to the moon and build a colony there, it may be a big idea, but it’s not a good idea. And we have seen in politics — we’ve seen politicians — and Newt, you’ve been part of this — go from state to state and promise exactly what that state wants to hear. The Speaker comes here to Florida, wants to spend untold amount of money having a colony on the moon. I know it’s very exciting on the Space Coast.

Essentially, Romney proposes a partnership between government and private industry, with an eye to developing the commercial and military applications of space travel, but nothing as grandiose as a moonbase or Mars flight. He’s most immediately interested in forming a commission of top scientists and industry leaders, to prepare more concrete proposals.

CNN notes that the group of space executives which endorsed Romney applauded him for being “realistic about America’s space program,” and expressed admiration for “the leadership, management skill, and commitment to American exceptionalism possessed by only one candidate in this race: Mitt Romney.”

Romney receives space endorsements - HUMAN EVENTS

The planning for the shuttle program shut down began under Bush. It's just one more Bush policy Obama continued.

Bush had a replacement program that Obama and Pelosi cancelled

I'm actually OK with private enterprise picking up the slack for transporting crew and cargo to the ISS. I'd rather see the money spent on the moon or Mars. Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon though.

What's the rush? From my understanding, we have at least half a billion years left.

...by slashing funding and cancelling the building of new shuttles and rockets, it is projected that as many as 7,000 highly trained workers will lose their jobs after Obama's policies take effect.
A Conservative Teacher: Obama's New NASA Policy- Yet More Broken Promises and Lies

>>

In their letter, Romney's space supporters described Obama's management of NASA as lacking "purpose or vision or mission."

"This failure of leadership has thrust the space program into disarray and triggered a dangerous erosion of our technical workforce and capabilities," the space leaders wrote. "In short, we have a space program unworthy of a great nation."

The letter also made a point of portraying Romney as realistic about America's space program, a point Romney himself made at Thursday's CNN Florida Republican Presidential Debate.

At the debate, Romney slammed rival Newt Gingrich for proposing expensive space plans in Florida, saying the former House speaker was pandering to the crowd with a vested interest in space investments.

"This idea of going state to state and promising what people want to hear, promising billions, hundreds of billions of dollars to make people happy, that's what got us into the trouble we're in now," Romney said.

Space execs hope to rocket Romney – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Campaigning there in 08 he said he would never allow them to fold up.
He spoke at NASA stating that.
And then he folds them up.

NASA has been closed up? Really? news to me. Got a link?

Ok wiseguy, I will go along with you and also play dumb.
Obama shut down the shuttle and launch facility and NASA fired 7500 employees.
Retured the Atlantis shuttle after 31 flights when it was projected to do 120.
Obama spoke to the space shuttle lauch employees at NASA in 08 and promised not to cut a penny from that program and what does he do?
He shuts it down.
"I will protect space industry jobs."
Then he cancels The Constellation project.
Obama in 08 on the Bush administration: "Today we have an administration that sets goals for NASA without giving NASA the support it needs to reach them."
Are you following this r..e..a..l close, I am going nice and slow for you.........
But hey Moe, you are right, Obama has not failed to keep the largely useless, and pointless NASA bureaucracy IN PLACE. Such is typical of those that love big government generally, especially envisioned by Democrats and the naive.
Folks that know nothing of science just love employees on the government dole not doing anything the people really need to have.
Got it?

The Obama administration is requesting $17.7 billion for NASA in its fiscal 2013 budget--down slightly from 2012 levels--doubling the amount spent on development of new commercial manned spacecraft to ferry astronauts to and from the International Space Station and giving a substantial boost to the delayed and over-budget successor to the Hubble Space Telescope.

NASA budget boosts manned space, cuts Mars exploration | The Space Shot - CNET News

All the while it sends billions of dollars worth of equipment to museums.
Makes sense to me.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

First off NASA isn't "folded up". Where the hell did you come up with that?

Second, Bush said he wouldn't "nation build" but then turned around and invaded and occupied a nation for no good reason.

Bottom line? Pols lie to get elected and yes, times can change which requires changing how you deal with them.

Second, Bush said he wouldn't "nation build" but then turned around and invaded and occupied a nation for no good reason.

Bottom line? Pols lie to get elected and yes, times can change which requires changing how you deal with them.

You are 100% right Goose. Thank you.

I am changing the name of this thread to:

OBAMA IS A GOD DAMNED LIAR

He said he was not going to eliminate those jobs there and he did.
But hey, wait a damn minute! It is okay for Obama to lie and cut jobs because Obama, he cares and has feelings for people and wants to do good and holds hands telling everyone everything is going to be fine.
But if a Republican fires anyone in the private sector, ON NO, HE IS TERRIBLE AND HATES PEOPLE.
Got it Goose. Thank you so much for clearing that up and reminding me Obama is a liar and that should have been the name of this thread.
Tootles.

But hey, wait a damn minute! It is okay for Obama to lie and cut jobs because Obama, he cares and has feelings for people and wants to do good and holds hands telling everyone everything is going to be fine.
But if a Republican fires anyone in the private sector, ON NO, HE IS TERRIBLE AND HATES PEOPLE.
Got it Goose. Thank you so much for clearing that up and reminding me Obama is a liar and that should have been the name of this thread.
Tootles.

LOL Bbbbut but but AMPAD!!!
sm_weeping.gif

Obama spoke to the space shuttle lauch employees at NASA in 08 and promised not to cut a penny from that program and what does he do?
He shuts it down.
Obama in 08 on the Bush administration: "Today we have an administration that sets goals for NASA without giving NASA the support it needs to reach them."
Are you following this r..e..a..l close, I am going nice and slow for you.........
But hey Moe, you are right, Obama has not failed to keep the largely useless, and pointless NASA bureaucracy IN PLACE. Such is typical of those that love big government generally, especially envisioned by Democrats and the naive.
Folks that know nothing of science just love employees on the government dole not doing anything the people really need to have.
Got it?

again.... the planning for the end of the shuttle program was done during the Bush administration. It was old...the shuttles were old... you OK with losing another one, and the lives in it?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_space_thewritestuff/2008/08/mccain-asks-pus.html

Last edited:

He shuts it down.
Got it?

again.... the planning for the end of the shuttle program was doen during the Bush administration. It was old...the shuttles were old... you OK with losing another one, and the lives in it?

Bush was not going to shut down the Constellation project and had funding for Atlantis for almost 100 more missions.
Atlantis has 31 I think and they get over 120 out of each one.
Yeah man, I hope they all crash and we lose every life that goes up.:cuckoo:
What kind of a stupid ?? is that? There are always risks in space flight.
Speaking of risk, get ready FOR MORE RISK with private sector flight. They are far, far behind the curve.
I have seen 2 launches, 1 years ago before they sectioned that old Hwy 1 area off and off limits. Incredible is an understatement. Breathtaking.
My point is was Obama lied. What about that do you not understand?
May be acceptable to you but not to me.
He lied.

I'd love to see a lot more space exploration, but as the conservatives love to say, we're broke. I'd rather poor people have food and heating oil than for us to have more Space Shuttles.

I'd love to see a lot more space exploration, but as the conservatives love to say, we're broke. I'd rather poor people have food and heating oil than for us to have more Space Shuttles.
We could send the poor people to space ... :eusa_think:

Let them eat mayonaise sammiches.

Tootles.

Does that mean saying that NASA has "folded up" makes you a GOD DAMNED LIAR???? :confused:

Of course it does.

Tootles!!

Forum List

Back