Obama sure lied to NASA

I'd love to see a lot more space exploration, but as the conservatives love to say, we're broke. I'd rather poor people have food and heating oil than for us to have more Space Shuttles.
But, like the auto industry, a shutdown not only affects the entity being shut down, but all of the industries/businesses that rely on that entity. Like restaurants, tourism, retail, communities, the tax base, the schools, the public works, and every company that supplied raw material to NASA.

First off NASA isn't "folded up". Where the hell did you come up with that?

Second, Bush said he wouldn't "nation build" but then turned around and invaded and occupied a nation for no good reason.

Bottom line? Pols lie to get elected and yes, times can change which requires changing how you deal with them.

You are 100% right Goose. Thank you.

I am changing the name of this thread to:

OBAMA IS A GOD DAMNED LIAR

He said he was not going to eliminate those jobs there and he did.
But hey, wait a damn minute! It is okay for Obama to lie and cut jobs because Obama, he cares and has feelings for people and wants to do good and holds hands telling everyone everything is going to be fine.
But if a Republican fires anyone in the private sector, ON NO, HE IS TERRIBLE AND HATES PEOPLE.
Got it Goose. Thank you so much for clearing that up and reminding me Obama is a liar and that should have been the name of this thread.
Tootles.
Answer this question:

Does Obama have the power to allocate funding to NASA?

If you believe so, then cite the authority in the Constitution.

Let me explain something that you may not be aware of, a strange practice that often has no sense of reason in any of it's maneuvering and rarely submits to any accepted doctrine, much less the Constitution.
POLITICS.
Obama submitted a budget with all of these cuts and his opposition, the Republicans, will cry "we reluctantly went with that because Obama would not offer other cuts".
Politics. He offered it and they went with it and they use it against him.
Been going on for 236 years.

I'd love to see a lot more space exploration, but as the conservatives love to say, we're broke. I'd rather poor people have food and heating oil than for us to have more Space Shuttles.
But, like the auto industry, a shutdown not only affects the entity being shut down, but all of the industries/businesses that rely on that entity. Like restaurants, tourism, retail, communities, the tax base, the schools, the public works, and every company that supplied raw material to NASA.

But all my conservative friends keep telling me that the government doesn't create jobs.

Campaigning there in 08 he said he would never allow them to fold up.
He spoke at NASA stating that.
And then he folds them up.

What he did, the communist asshole, is to cut the ISS, Shuttle and the funding for the new James Webb Space Telescope by such a percentage that the Russians and communist Chinese have picked up the deficit and now will fund accordingly. How sad. On the one hand, thank you commies, on the other, Osama Hussein is Muslim and despises the capitalist model of economy in this country. He has the science education of tree shrew and is a destroyer of a nation.

As a detail, orbiters Atlantis and Endeavour were at only half their operating life and they are now parked. Tragic. The greatest flying machine the world has ever known......

$6 dollar gas, $15,000,000,000,000 in debt and counting at 9 million per minute and there you have it. A full left wing radcial liberal asshole.

Hail, NASA

Robert

How sad that we are now reduced to hitching a ride with the Russians if we want to get someone into space.

For now. There are Private companies out there that are stepping up...

SPACEX

Fear not...

NASA Announces Dragon To Space Station

Good post.

For further information, here in New Mexico alone there are now 80 companies working on Earth to Space programs, mostly to explore and/or service ISS, working with the Russians and Shinese (China), thankfully.

Here is the link to each with phone numbers and addresses and names of said companies:

Aerospace Companies in New Mexico (NM)

One of the main reasons when NASA wanted me to come home for awhile, I chose the state of New Mexico for those above reasons, in part. The biggest promising companies is Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin, and Armadillio Aerospace, who I am consulting with. The link to the latter is here:

Armadillo Aerospace - Home

All of these players are either ex-NASA or aerospace origined and do not put up with the current gutless liberal asshole, Hussein Assada O'bama, and anti-American policies he has instituted and therefore are doing it themselves. Good. About time.

Jeff Bezos even wants to buy Atlantis and refurb same and throw it back up in the air, to finish and exand ISS.

Great news. Hope that is helpful to OP I've quoted, and everyone else.

Robert

Last edited:
again.... the planning for the end of the shuttle program was done during the Bush administration. It was old...the shuttles were old... you OK with losing another one, and the lives in it?

McCain asks Bush to stop dismantling shuttle infrastructure – The Write Stuff – Orlando Sentinel

You are wrong. Orbiters Atlantis and Endeavour are at 33% and 27% of their operating life at retirement. They each are built to execute 120+ missions apiece.

Robert

Ok wiseguy, I will go along with you and also play dumb.
Obama shut down the shuttle and launch facility and NASA fired 7500 employees.
Retured the Atlantis shuttle after 31 flights when it was projected to do 120.
Obama spoke to the space shuttle lauch employees at NASA in 08 and promised not to cut a penny from that program and what does he do?
He shuts it down.
"I will protect space industry jobs."
Then he cancels The Constellation project.
Obama in 08 on the Bush administration: "Today we have an administration that sets goals for NASA without giving NASA the support it needs to reach them."
Are you following this r..e..a..l close, I am going nice and slow for you.........
But hey Moe, you are right, Obama has not failed to keep the largely useless, and pointless NASA bureaucracy IN PLACE. Such is typical of those that love big government generally, especially envisioned by Democrats and the naive.
Folks that know nothing of science just love employees on the government dole not doing anything the people really need to have.
Got it?

So you know, everyone of your posts, inluding the OP, are in fact, correct. Well done. Fedora is tipped.

Hail, NASA

Robert

Or the shuttles being retired.

No worries we suck up to the Russians now, Obama just needs more flexibility.
God forbid we thought about using private enterprise. I mean, imagine doing the same thing for a fraction of the cost!

So, private enterprise took us to the moon and NOT a government program?
How interesting.

Did they also build the interstate system? Hoover Dam? Oooo...I know...the Manhattan Project...that was private enterprise, right?

Tell me, how did hiring private contractors work out for the last war? Did it SAVE taxpayers a bunch of money?

Private enterprise is great if you don't care about the OUTCOME.
If you care about the OUTCOME (healthcare, going to the moon, building infrastructure) you have GOVERNMENT do it. If all you care about is throwing taxpayer money at private businesses, you go YOUR route.

At the moment, along with foreseeable moments, we still depend on the Russians to send a U.S. astronaut into space.
Don't know about any of you; for decades one source of pride about being an American was our space program AND our ability to send an American into space anytime we wanted to.
Currently, we do not have that capability.

....and to add irony to your post, we ride into sapce on used and refurbed SS20 ICBMs that originally were armed with multiple Nuclear Fusion devices, to be shot at and detonated on American cities.

Logical, and so nice.......Now, we are pals. This is horseshit.

Robert

You are 100% right Goose. Thank you.

I am changing the name of this thread to:

OBAMA IS A GOD DAMNED LIAR

He said he was not going to eliminate those jobs there and he did.
But hey, wait a damn minute! It is okay for Obama to lie and cut jobs because Obama, he cares and has feelings for people and wants to do good and holds hands telling everyone everything is going to be fine.
But if a Republican fires anyone in the private sector, ON NO, HE IS TERRIBLE AND HATES PEOPLE.
Got it Goose. Thank you so much for clearing that up and reminding me Obama is a liar and that should have been the name of this thread.
Tootles.
Answer this question:

Does Obama have the power to allocate funding to NASA?

If you believe so, then cite the authority in the Constitution.

Let me explain something that you may not be aware of, a strange practice that often has no sense of reason in any of it's maneuvering and rarely submits to any accepted doctrine, much less the Constitution.
POLITICS.
Obama submitted a budget with all of these cuts and his opposition, the Republicans, will cry "we reluctantly went with that because Obama would not offer other cuts".
Politics. He offered it and they went with it and they use it against him.
Been going on for 236 years.
You didn't answer that simple question I asked you.

Campaigning there in 08 he said he would never allow them to fold up.
He spoke at NASA stating that.
And then he folds them up.

What he did, the communist asshole, is to cut the ISS, Shuttle and the funding for the new James Webb Space Telescope by such a percentage that the Russians and communist Chinese have picked up the deficit and now will fund accordingly. How sad. On the one hand, thank you commies, on the other, Osama Hussein is Muslim and despises the capitalist model of economy in this country. He has the science education of tree shrew and is a destroyer of a nation.

As a detail, orbiters Atlantis and Endeavour were at only half their operating life and they are now parked. Tragic. The greatest flying machine the world has ever known......

$6 dollar gas, $15,000,000,000,000 in debt and counting at 9 million per minute and there you have it. A full left wing radcial liberal asshole.

Hail, NASA

Robert

Yet, when Obama tries to use government funding to compete with the Chinese (Solyndra), you wingnuts go apeshit.

Yet, when Obama tries to use government funding to compete with the Chinese (Solyndra), you wingnuts go apeshit.

What is your point with this statement. I do not understand.

Robert

They're point is that no matter what Obama does, you will complain.

If he cuts Government spending and encourages private enterprise to fill the gap, as he did here, you complain. And somehow call him a "Communist" because of it to boot.

If the man produced enough gold from his ass to pay off the national debt, people like you would complain about the smell.

Or the shuttles being retired.

No worries we suck up to the Russians now, Obama just needs more flexibility.
God forbid we thought about using private enterprise. I mean, imagine doing the same thing for a fraction of the cost!

So, private enterprise took us to the moon and NOT a government program?
How interesting.
Straw man, fuckwit.
Did they also build the interstate system? Hoover Dam? Oooo...I know...the Manhattan Project...that was private enterprise, right?
You didn't even read the article, did you?
Tell me, how did hiring private contractors work out for the last war? Did it SAVE taxpayers a bunch of money?
Going to war ≠ going to the Moon. Please try to stay on topic.
Private enterprise is great if you don't care about the OUTCOME.
If you care about the OUTCOME (healthcare, going to the moon, building infrastructure) you have GOVERNMENT do it. If all you care about is throwing taxpayer money at private businesses, you go YOUR route.
Private enterprise doesn't care about outcome?

:wtf:

This is just too fucking stupid to merit a response from me.

Hey, let's just let Pinkerton and Advance Security go over to Afghanistan and fight the Taliban.
Private contractors can do it cheaper and more efficiently.

What is your point with this statement. I do not understand.

Robert

They're point is that no matter what Obama does, you will complain.

If he cuts Government spending and encourages private enterprise to fill the gap, as he did here, you complain. And somehow call him a "Communist" because of it to boot.

If the man produced enough gold from his ass to pay off the national debt, people like you would complain about the smell.

Left:

I was addressing the situation with NASA, nothing else. Fact. He is a fucking asshole and the worst yet.

Thank you for the clarification what you were addressing. It's a political discussion board and it is what we do here.

Robert

Forum List

Back