Obama sure lied to NASA

What part of "We are broke" don't you understand? We can no longer afford niceties like NASA.

And you are an asshole.

Robert

I'm guessing YOU don't understand "We are broke" either?

You are a total idiot and it is sad, but that is the way it is. Fortunately, if you read my many threads back on pages 3,4,5 you may not have posted what you did.

BTW, 92% of all new technologies over the last 40 years has come from NASA or related enterprise.

The fact remains they are here and so am I and am most thankful. Thank goodness for the Russians and the Communist Chinese. They picked up the slack. And if Bezos buys Atlantis then we can finish and expand the ISS. there are 80 Earth to Orbit companies alone in NM and they are working vehicles. Go back and read the posts.

Consider.

Robert

And you are an asshole.

Robert

You are a total idiot and it is sad, but that is the way it is. Fortunately, if you read my many threads back on pages 3,4,5 you may not have posted what you did.

BTW, 92% of all new technologies over the last 40 years has come from NASA or related enterprise.

The fact remains they are here and so am I and am most thankful. Thank goodness for the Russians and the Communist Chinese. They picked up the slack. And if Bezos buys Atlantis then we can finish and expand the ISS. there are 80 Earth to Orbit companies alone in NM and they are working vehicles. Go back and read the posts.

Consider.

Robert

As has been previously stated, our Federal Government should not be propping up private industry or developing new technologies for private industry. We are broke. We cannot afford the niceties we once did. Let China take the lead. Hell, we import half of their plastic crap now as it is.

Consider.

Robert

As has been previously stated, our Federal Government should not be propping up private industry or developing new technologies for private industry. We are broke. We cannot afford the niceties we once did. Let China take the lead. Hell, we import half of their plastic crap now as it is.

Ok.

It's in my signature. Battle not.....

Robert

And you are an asshole.

Robert

Consider.

Robert

I'd like to see a link to that, actually.

Consider.

Robert

Look down at your keyboard, monitor, the IPU and APU in your car, ad infinitum. Type it into Google. Fact.

Battle not............

Robert

Thank you Valerie, Ken, Donna, Hyperwar, and all the rest for my posts herein and the reputation points. Most kind and fedora is tipped to all of you kind, clear thinking people.

Hail, NASA

Robert

Thank you Valerie, Ken, Donna, Hyperwar, and all the rest for my posts herein and the reputation points. Most kind and fedora is tipped to all of you kind, clear thinking people.

Hail, NASA

Robert

speaking of which, where DID you pick up the fedora? I was planning on going to Hats in the Belfry later this month... I want to add to my collection of Indiana Jones style fedoras and get something a little more 'Bogie'.

Consider.

Robert

Look down at your keyboard, monitor, the IPU and APU in your car, ad infinitum. Type it into Google. Fact.

Battle not............

Robert

You made the statement. Either you can back it up, or admit it is an assumption/opinion. No shame either way.

EDIT

I typed '92% of all new technology came from NASA' into GOOGLE. I don't get anything that even remotely supports your statement. Certainly, NASA has had a huge impact on the world in regards to technology, but your 92% figure is drastically inflated.

Last edited:

Hail, NASA

Robert

speaking of which, where DID you pick up the fedora? I was planning on going to Hats in the Belfry later this month... I want to add to my collection of Indiana Jones style fedoras and get something a little more 'Bogie'.

I'll be damned, what a cool query. Ok, contact Steve Delk, as he is the hatter for Indiana Jones IV. He is a great guy and I know him well and Harrison Ford got 3 more from him to keep after the movie.

Ok, back in about 1906, Fedoras, like mine, were the case style for the industry of Archaeology. Anyone in the field of same wore the leather jacket, tan pants, heeled boots, and khaki shirts and alas, a fedora, dark brown, tall straight brown, tight front pinch. I have worn this since I got out of college the 2nd time and went to work as an artist archaeologist as a contractor for NASA. Still at it.

Steve's site is here to order:

Adventurebilt Hat Company - Fedora supplier for the new Indiana Jones film, Indiana Jones in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

More photos of me and my fedora, Jeep and so on is here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.101195453249111.2618.100000759716724&type=3

and here:

https://www.facebook.com/robertam.s....222576191111036.47808.100000759716724&type=3

There is a lot of NASA-Smithsonian paintings there and a lot of NASA space stuff and movie stuff for James Cameron and Ridley Scott that I did movie and FX for on their movies. (I also do high end imaging and art and digital for the movies in FX that I did not mention in my profile.)

Thank you for the query and hope you share your new fedora with the rest of us.

Hail, NASA (.....and the movie Independence Day and Alien and others....)

Robert

Hail, NASA

Robert

I'll be damned, what a cool query. Ok, contact Steve Delk, as he is the hatter for Indiana Jones IV. He is a great guy and I know him well and Harrison Ford got 3 more from him to keep after the movie.

Ok, back in about 1906, Fedoras, like mine, were the case style for the industry of Archaeology. Anyone in the field of same wore the leather jacket, tan pants, heeled boots, and khaki shirts and alas, a fedora, dark brown, tall straight brown, tight front pinch. I have worn this since I got out of college the 2nd time and went to work as an artist archaeologist as a contractor for NASA. Still at it.

Adventurebilt Hat Company - Fedora supplier for the new Indiana Jones film, Indiana Jones in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.101195453249111.2618.100000759716724&type=3

and here:

https://www.facebook.com/robertam.s....222576191111036.47808.100000759716724&type=3

There is a lot of NASA-Smithsonian paintings there and a lot of NASA space stuff and movie stuff for James Cameron and Ridley Scott that I did movie and FX for on their movies. (I also do high end imaging and art and digital for the movies in FX that I did not mention in my profile.)

Robert

Very stylish but I prefer the canvas Canadian Tilley hat. I am on my 2nd one as I have been wearing them since the early 70s.

Battle not............

Robert

You made the statement. Either you can back it up, or admit it is an assumption/opinion. No shame either way.

EDIT

I typed '92% of all new technology came from NASA' into GOOGLE. I don't get anything that even remotely supports your statement. Certainly, NASA has had a huge impact on the world in regards to technology, but your 92% figure is drastically inflated.

I will NOT do your query for you with the volume it provides and requires. I think you are the challenger and thus, you must verify I am correct or in error. That is fair.

I have stated a categorical fact. Check it out. Type "Spinoffs of NASA Developed Technologies" into google and see what comes up.

I worded it differently for fun and here is the results for just that query:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&outpu...f.,cf.osb&fp=fc12579983fb297a&biw=958&bih=694

Simple.

I am Robert

That won't do it since you have given a number to Google's logrhythm and thus you will not get any history or anything.

I have been doing this for over 40 years. I was on the first day of the net. There were 588 of us that day.

I will not argue with you without you doing your research to verify. It's all there. I have stated a fact.

Are you on a Mac? Are you educated? Can you formulate a premise?

At the beginning, start here:

NASA Technologies Benefit Our Lives

Battle not.........

Robert

EDIT

That won't do it since you have given a number to Google's logrhythm and thus you will not get any history or anything.

I have been doing this for over 40 years. I was on the first day of the net. There were 588 of us that day.

I will not argue with you without you doing your research to verify. It's all there. I have stated a fact.

Are you on a Mac? Are you educated? Can you formulate a premise?

At the beginning, start here:

NASA Technologies Benefit Our Lives

Battle not.........

Robert

not impressed.

You made a claim (that 92% of all new technology came from NASA) and called it fact. The fact you state it does not make it FACT. Now, posting a link to a credible source that agrees with you..>THAT, is proving it.

BTW, if you've been around that long, you should know that standard board etiquette is that when you make a claim of fact, you either provide a link in said post, or you or you provide one when asked. When you make claims of fact, then refuse to post something that supports you, you look like a hack.

guess what you look like.

Last edited:

Hail, NASA

Robert

and here:

Robert
Sorry, but I will flat out state that is incorrect.
TheRaider.net - Interviews
Where did the inspiration for Indy's fedora, leather jacket, satchel & whip come from?

Secret of the Incas (1954) starring Charlton Heston and directed by Jerry Hopper is almost a shot for shot Raiders of the Los Ark. Since both were made by Paramount, and Secret is no longer available on video – I can only guess that Larry Kasdan took that script and updated it for Steven. A great idea. We did watch this film together as a crew several times, and I always thought it strange that the filmmakers did not credit it later as the inspiration for the series. Raiders stands on it’s own as a modern classic, but the fedora jacket and whip are right there on Charlton Heston in 1954. My own work is not diminished by having seen that marvellous film. The spirit of Raiders was also informed by Alan Ladd’s 1940’s film noirs, which also had the same hard boiled adventurer, clad in leather jacket and felt fedora.

Here's a picture of the most famous archeologist of the day... Howard Carter...
HVBBD00Z.jpg

No Indy costume.

Again, Carter (right)...
YUVFG00Z.jpg

Again, no Indy outfit.

So, in short, I just followed standard protocol. If you want to dispute my comments, you are free to follow 'your' protocol, and post links proving me wrong.

Sounds fair.

Forum List

Back