Obama Strong Arm Tactics: Cease and Desist Letter

do you have information that shows he wants to disarm us? how is he at it again?

how could he go directly against the 2nd? the pres doesnt have to order the seizure of everyones guns or bullets

He has worked on strict gun control laws in the past and will continue to do so, that's how. If he gets elected and gets a liberal Congress he will work to outlaw ban or restrict everything he can and he will push the envelope.

Clinton ordered the destruction of millions of surplus military weapons, the M1 Garand and the M14 that could have been sold to other countries and used to be a prize won by shooting at NRA matches.

Congress passed the "assault weapon" ban in direct violation of the Supreme Court 1939 ruling that STATED a weapon HAD to have a military use or be of some value to the military to be protected by the 2nd Amendment.

It is a direct and purposeful lie when Obama claims he is not against private gun ownership. Or have you forgotten his little slip of the tongue in San Francisco?

He has worked on strict gun control laws in the past and will continue to do so, that's how. If he gets elected and gets a liberal Congress he will work to outlaw ban or restrict everything he can and he will push the envelope.

Clinton ordered the destruction of millions of surplus military weapons, the M1 Garand and the M14 that could have been sold to other countries and used to be a prize won by shooting at NRA matches.

Congress passed the "assault weapon" ban in direct violation of the Supreme Court 1939 ruling that STATED a weapon HAD to have a military use or be of some value to the military to be protected by the 2nd Amendment.

It is a direct and purposeful lie when Obama claims he is not against private gun ownership. Or have you forgotten his little slip of the tongue in San Francisco?

what clinton or congress did doesnt matter here; i asked about obama. how did he work on gun control laws? i know he wants to ban the sale of semi-autos, cosponsered a bill to limit 1 handgun purchased a month, allows former police officers to carry a concealed handgun, supports gun licensing, supports state or local gun laws.
doesnt sound that outrageous to me. is there something im missing?

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don't have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008

SB 2165 3.25.2004 "Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that it is an affirmative defense to a violation of a municipal ordinance that prohibits, regulates, or restricts the private ownership of firearms if the individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an act of self-defense or defense of another. Effective immediately."

Obama voted against this bill twice. It passed anyway. The governor vetoed and the legislature overrode the veto.

There are many others, his record on gun control is pretty consistant.

Of course you are "thrilled" -you are a liberal. Liberals never believe in the right of free speech or freedom of the press except for themselves ONLY. If McCain were to send this kind of letter, YOU would be among the first to being having hysterics over it and everyone here knows it. McCain wouldn't do it, but if he did ANYTHING attempting to control the free press and political ads by means of the court system -the left AND leftwing media would be writhing on the ground as if stuck by hot pokers. This is NOTHING but a blatant attempt to silence ANY critics and hoping they are so fearful they will only report "good" reports about Obama. I don't know why Obama has bothered since the media is in his tank anyway. The few that aren't must just scare the crap out of the guy, huh?

This tactic of using the courts to try and control the media and how to force it to only report "good" reports about a particular candidate and their agenda -is straight from the playbook of the communist manifesto. Almost word for word in the way this "complaint" was filed. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Obama's longtime associates have been nothing but communists, domestic terrorists and anarchists -and no one who has any faith in OUR system of government. I could puke.

Never a good idea for us though when ANY candidate tries to subvert the courts to take an anti-free speech stance in favor of a particular side or agenda. If you don't know why that is -go back to high school and take World History again.

hey I'm all for freedom of speech... as long as that speech isn't intended to purposefully misrepresent the record of the candidates. I came out and publically said Obama's ad against McCain on immigration should be pulled because it was misleading.

LYING does not = freedom of speech protection.

and Obama is only using the laws on the books...he is not creating or circumventing the courts. If the laws weren't there he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

As for Palin using the same laws to her benefit? hell yes she should if there are ads out there that are factually inaccurate and/or wholly misleading she should use the law to fix that problem.

Q: Is the D.C. law prohibiting ownership of handguns consistent with an individual's right to bear arms?
A: As a general principle, I believe that the Constitution confers an individual right to bear arms. But just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right, in the same way that we have a right to private property but local governments can establish zoning ordinances that determine how you can use it.

Q: But do you still favor the registration & licensing of guns?

A: I think we can provide common-sense approaches to the issue of illegal guns that are ending up on the streets. We can make sure that criminals don't have guns in their hands. We can make certain that those who are mentally deranged are not getting a hold of handguns. We can trace guns that have been used in crimes to unscrupulous gun dealers that may be selling to straw purchasers and dumping them on the streets.

Source: 2008 Philadelphia primary debate, on eve of PA primary Apr 16, 2008

SB 2165 3.25.2004 "Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Provides that it is an affirmative defense to a violation of a municipal ordinance that prohibits, regulates, or restricts the private ownership of firearms if the individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an act of self-defense or defense of another. Effective immediately."

Obama voted against this bill twice. It passed anyway. The governor vetoed and the legislature overrode the veto.

There are many others, his record on gun control is pretty consistant.

and there is a difference between gun control and "im gonna take yer guns"

not saying i agree with his stances, just that they are being exagerrated.

Forum List

Back