Obama, Steele, and Reid

Contessa_Sharra

Searcher for Accuracy
Apr 27, 2008
COMPARE and then give some HONEST thought to political reality!

obama.jpg
1_62_steele_michael.jpg

When Comparing the two men, there is not a whole lot of difference in color, Steele's features are a little more "white," actually, and that bald thing, well..... there is bald and there is bald, and so, so what......

Reid's remark:

Washington (CNN) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid apologized Saturday following reports he had privately described then-candidate Barack Obama during the presidential campaign as a black candidate who could be successful thanks in part to his “light-skinned” appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."
Journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann reported the remarks in their new book “Game Change,” which was purchased by CNN Saturday at a Washington-area bookstore. The book is slated for official release next Tuesday.

“He (Reid) was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama - a ‘light-skinned’ African American ‘with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,’ as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination," they write.

“I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words,” Reid said in a statement to CNN.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Reid apologizes for ‘Negro dialect’ comment « - Blogs from CNN.com

And I will put it this way, I think that it is total BULLSHIT that we as AMERICANS are to lily-livered to admit that this is what we all KNOW, and that it is totally true, and even in this day and age preference is given to the fairer-skinned of whatever minority, but especially black people, and PRESIDENT Obama said essentially the same thing about his grandmother's attitudes, she didn't like (maybe understand) her own attitudes and felt "off" about it, but this is a country RAISED on BIRTH OF A NATION attitudes, and frankly speaking for all too many STILL a large/husky, tall, dark skinned broad featured dark-skinned African looking man is a very scary person, and then there is that Ebonics thing, and I know i recently read something up here about how "unattractive" black women were, based on but size, so what exactly did Reid do except say out loud what a whole lot of people know...

The comments section of the cited article do tell a few interesting things about "truth."

This is reality, Reid stated the obvious, and this is a far cry from what Lott said or did : He was all about honoring a man and giving kudos for a racist heritage.....

Oh, and BTW, I don't much like Reid to begin with, but can't fault him for speaking the truth about political reality in this country!

And another thing, I will betcha that Steele's family claims some Native(Indigenous) American heritage, too....... Anyone want to guess why? but the "native scout" role doesn't suit! Not nice at all.....

WE as a country will never get around the race thing until we deal OPENLY with the attitudes that still do exist!

Last edited:
You know, a few years ago Obama would be getting me coffee.

Sadly all too true, and I look at the whole thing in this country as a waste of human resources, who knows how many have been passed over, pushed to the shadows, and never acheived as they should have because of physical appearance...... Think of all the things that we have missed out on that would have been of great benefit to us all...

However, slowly things are changing a little..... but in this country we are all about appearances, and race is a part of that.....

Forum List

Back