Obama says "We have Israel's back" during radio address

[...]

Another way the USA needs Israel is as an ally[...]
One of the ways AIPAC propaganda has affected the American perception of our relationship with Israel is by subliminally altering the meaning of the word "ally," which, in the accepted sense, generally refers to a dependable partner in military engagements. One example of an American ally is the U.K. The Brits participated in Operation Desert Storm, they were with us in Iraq and they are with us in Afghanistan. There have been no Israeli boots on the ground in any of those military engagements.

Israel is not an "ally." Israel is a protectorate. And I am aware of no way in which the U.S. has any "need" for Israel. In fact it would be to U.S. advantage to sever all relations with Israel and establish neutrality in the Middle East. The U.S. never had problems with the Islamic world until we allowed ourselves to be drawn into the formation of Israel in 1947. Today we are hated throughout the Middle East because we are regarded as Israel's protector.

Why? How does this situation serve U.S. interests? The fact is it doesn't.

Last edited:
[...]

Another way the USA needs Israel is as an ally, and as a strategic partner, and as a trustworthy friend

[...]
"A trustworthy friend? Did you ever hear of the Jonathan Pollard Affair? What's a little espionage operation and theft of critical military intelligence between friends? Right?

How about the USS Liberty? What's the big deal about an unprovoked attack on an unarmed American Naval vessel and the killing of 34 of its sailors between "strategic partners?" I'm sure you will insist it was an "accident" in spite of what the survivors of the attack along with the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of The Navy had to say.

Last edited:
And Israel says thanks but we have our own backs.
....And, ALL Parties (ncluded) have a....

Hop on the crazy-train,
SUCKERS!!!!

Yeah.....Netanyahu's just TALKIN' SHIT.....

.....as USUAL!!!!!!!

"Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu came to Washington this week hoping to reach agreement with President Barack Obama over what nuclear “red lines” Iran shouldn’t be allowed to cross. Instead, Obama encouraged Netanyahu to allow more time for diplomacy and sanctions to work. Netanyahu told the powerful, pro-Israel American Israel Public Affairs Committee that Israel couldn’t wait much longer.

Then again, maybe we shouldn’t be surprised to learn of this imminent attack. It seems as if Israel has been about to strike Iran every six months for the past three years."​

handjob.gif

White House agreed to Israeli request for massive "bunker-buster" bombs and long-range refueling planes that could play a role in a strike on Iran in return for a pledge that any such attack would not happen in 2012.

Call it a classic "non-denial denial."
The White House tap danced Thursday around questions about news reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked the Obama administration for massive "bunker-buster" bombs and long-range refueling planes that could play a role in a strike on Iran. Israeli media accounts said that Washington agreed in return for a pledge that any such attack would not happen in 2012.

White House agreed to Israeli request for massive "bunker-buster" bombs and long-range refueling planes that could play a role in a strike on Iran in return for a pledge that any such attack would not happen in 2012.

The White House tap danced Thursday around questions about news reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu asked the Obama administration for massive "bunker-buster" bombs and long-range refueling planes that could play a role in a strike on Iran. Israeli media accounts said that Washington agreed in return for a pledge that any such attack would not happen in 2012.

Indeed. He's doing it for no other purpose but to get back Jewish votes he's lost.

All political...

Indeed. He's doing it for no other purpose but to get back Jewish votes he's lost.

All political...

No he's doing it as an attempt to delay a strike by Israel on Iran. I predicted this and Netanyahu is not going to fall for this. Israel's survival is at stake here

All political...

No he's doing it as an attempt to delay a strike by Israel on Iran. I predicted this and Netanyahu is not going to fall for this. Israel's survival is at stake here

OK...I understand now...thanks...and I agree with Israel's survival and stand with them.

The "unique relationship" the USA has with Israel is well documented and commented upon. Israel itself admits to this. We have Israel's back.

The United States needs Israel in a few ways.

my opinion:
One way that puzzles many people is our need to stand by her because of how we view ourselves morally and ethically. Our personal relationship(s) with Israel (if personal relationships can exist between peoples of states) goes to the very heart of America's identity. The USA is where many Jews in exile fled for safety. It is also a place where Jews were allowed to excel over time and to gain access power and influence.

[...]
I respectfully suggest that your amorous disposition toward Jews and Israel is not common to non-Jews. And so there is no misunderstanding I am not suggesting that all gentiles are anti-Semitic but rather are not generally pro-Semitic (if you can accept such a stunning revelation).

I said nothing about Semites or Semitic peoples. What I say is 'we are all Jews' in the same way that the Danes were all Jews. Identification. It's about symbolism, mythology, the psyche, identity...:eusa_angel:

[...]

Many of America's success stories and heroes were Jewish.
1) What does that have to do with Israel?

Jews were influential in many civil rights/civil liberties struggles, and Jews represent many archetypes in the American psyche. In a sense we are all Jews. To abandon or betray Israel would be like betraying a part of ourselves.

[...]
Israel is a foreign country. The fact that it is a Jewish theocracy means absolutely nothing to me or to the vast majority of gentile Americans. And it might come as a surprise to you but there are American Jews who are Americans first, Jews second, and harbor absolutely no affinity for Israel. In fact there is a sect of Hasidic Jews, the Naturei Karta, who publicly denounce the existence of Israel as being a source of antagonism against the World's Jews.

1) What it has to do with is this: The founding and recognition of Israel was supported (and fought) by the American public. go back and read my reply(s) in their full context. I was very forthright and clear about where history and I see the relationship between Israel and the USA.

[...]

Another way the USA needs Israel is as an ally[...]
1) One of the ways AIPAC propaganda has affected the American perception of our relationship with Israel is by subliminally altering the meaning of the word "ally," which, in the accepted sense, generally refers to a dependable partner in military engagements.

2) One example of an American ally is the U.K. The Brits participated in Operation Desert Storm, they were with us in Iraq and they are with us in Afghanistan. There have been no Israeli boots on the ground in any of those military engagements.

3) Israel is not an "ally." Israel is a protectorate. And I am aware of no way in which the U.S. has any "need" for Israel.

4) In fact it would be to U.S. advantage to sever all relations with Israel and establish neutrality in the Middle East. The U.S. never had problems with the Islamic world until we allowed ourselves to be drawn into the formation of Israel in 1947.

5) Today we are hated throughout the Middle East because we are regarded as Israel's protector.

Why? How does this situation serve U.S. interests? The fact is it doesn't.

1) you couldn't be more wrong. Most people would consider Germany (West) to have been an American ally in NATO, even though the Germans were our fiercest enemy in military engagements and never was required to prove through real examples any such instance you demand of Israel.

2) There are a myriad of reasons we have asked Israel NOT to put boots on ground in Arab and Muslim nations where we are engaged. gawd, you can't be serious...:doubt:

3) your opinion(s) here are woefully empty. I at least answered your questions with examples.

4)Nazi relations with the Arab world? Do you deny/know anything about: Muftism and Nazism: World War II Collaboration Documents?

and ::: BBC News - Jordan profile - Overview

5) That is the most simplistic statement I've seen around here @ USMB in ages. :eusa_whistle:

[...]

Another way the USA needs Israel is as an ally, and as a strategic partner, and as a trustworthy friend

[...]
"A trustworthy friend? Did you ever hear of the Jonathan Pollard Affair? What's a little espionage operation and theft of critical military intelligence between friends? Right?

How about the USS Liberty? What's the big deal about an unprovoked attack on an unarmed American Naval vessel and the killing of 34 of its sailors between "strategic partners?" I'm sure you will insist it was an "accident" in spite of what the survivors of the attack along with the Secretary of Defense and Secretary of The Navy had to say.

Great Britain and France and Germany and most all our allies have self interests that verge from our common interests. History is full of examples of the USA and others spying on allies. :lol::lol::lol:

gawd, man. Please do better. I don't usually take the time and effort to respond as I have with you on this subject.

I think you have valid points and reasoning, that I may disagree with, but please...step up your game?

:cool:
dD

All political...

Yes - Obama does not want Israel to strike until after the election.

Netanyahu may also be concerned about the bunker busters ability to penetrate one or two Iran's Key Nuclear Facilities, because Obama has already sent Israel 55 Bunker Buster Bombs back in 2009.

Now: Israel reports improved bunker-busters could destroy nuke sites on first strike

Last edited:

All political...

Netanyahu may also be concerned about the bunker busters ability to penetrate one or two Iran's Key Nuclear Facilities, because Obama has already sent Israel 55 Bunker Buster Bombs back in 2009.

Now: Israel reports improved bunker-busters could destroy nuke sites on first strike

Iran’s underground nuclear sites not immune to U.S. bunker-busters
“Hardened facilities require multiple sorties,” said a former senior intelligence official who has studied the formerly secret Fordow site and who agreed to discuss sensitive details of U.S. strike capabilities on the condition of anonymity. “The question is, how many turns do you get at the apple?”

U.S. confidence has been reinforced by training exercises in which bombers assaulted similar targets in deeply buried bunkers and mountain tunnels, the officials and experts said.

U.S. officials have raised the necessity of multiple strikes as they warn Israel against a unilateral attack on Iran’s nuclear installations, the officials said. While Israel is capable of launching its own bunker-buster bombs against Fordow, it lacks the United States’ more advanced munitions and the ability to wage a bombing campaign over days and weeks, American officials and analysts said.

The U.S.-Israeli rift over the urgency of stopping Iran’s nuclear progress stems in part from the belief among some Israeli officials that their window for successfully attacking Iran’s nuclear installations is rapidly closing as Tehran moves key assets into bunkers. Barak, in a speech this month, spoke of Iran’s progress in creating a “zone of immunity” for its nuclear program.

Iran’s underground nuclear sites not immune to U.S. bunker-busters
“Hardened facilities require multiple sorties,” said a former senior intelligence official who has studied the formerly secret Fordow site and who agreed to discuss sensitive details of U.S. strike capabilities on the condition of anonymity. “The question is, how many turns do you get at the apple?”

U.S. confidence has been reinforced by training exercises in which bombers assaulted similar targets in deeply buried bunkers and mountain tunnels, the officials and experts said.

U.S. officials have raised the necessity of multiple strikes as they warn Israel against a unilateral attack on Iran’s nuclear installations, the officials said. While Israel is capable of launching its own bunker-buster bombs against Fordow, it lacks the United States’ more advanced munitions and the ability to wage a bombing campaign over days and weeks, American officials and analysts said.

The U.S.-Israeli rift over the urgency of stopping Iran’s nuclear progress stems in part from the belief among some Israeli officials that their window for successfully attacking Iran’s nuclear installations is rapidly closing as Tehran moves key assets into bunkers. Barak, in a speech this month, spoke of Iran’s progress in creating a “zone of immunity” for its nuclear program.

The US has munitions that aren't shared with Israel ? I find that hard to believe.

Forum List

Back