Obama says "We have Israel's back" during radio address

:clap2:

hearing Obama restating US position on Israel is great. Obama cares deeply about relationship with Israel.

:eusa_whistle:

LIVE coverage: President Obama's news conference
Broadcast: Minnesota Public Radio News Presents, 03/06/2012, 12:00 p.m.

The President is expected to announce a housing program and answer questions from reporters about a wide range of issues, including Israel, Syria, Iran, the economy and the presidential campaign.

Obama cares deeply about getting re-elected; he wants Israel to hold off until November so he doesn't lose. Yeah, we saw how he cares about Israel in the way he treated Netanyahu before.

Net, is but one man with an opinion. Many Israeli's disagree with Netanyahu on issues and he is not universally loved in Israel. But so what?

Judge Obama by US policy towards defending Israel's right to exist. Any other standard is ideological shit

We still don't know what obama's policy towards Israel is. We know what he said, we know that at other times he has not been supportive. His policy changes with each person he talks to. Israel doesn't believe him or trust him. Neither do I.

Fat cat Wall Street bankers don't get it. Hiring them for White House jobs is certainly one way to help with that huh Mr. Obama? The Flipflopper in charge has spoken.

And Israel says thanks but we have our own backs.

get a grip dooshbag. Israel and the US have a unique relationship.
A "unique relationship" could mean anything or nothing. Please be more specific about what you mean.

But Israel needs the US more than the US needs Israel.
Please do not infer this to be smart-ass sarcasm but I really would like to know specifically what it is the U.S. needs from Israel.

I should mention that I've asked that question many times and the only answer I've ever gotten is, "intelligence." Which, without hard specifics, is really a non-answer.

Thank you in advance.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in May of 2011, "President Obama spoke about his ironclad commitment to Israel's security. He rightly said that our security cooperation is unprecedented and he has backed those words with deeds."
Bibi Netanyahu's arrogance is predicated on his confidence in AIPAC's influence on the U.S. Congress, which exists in spite of the fact that no one ever presses the question as to why our legislature is allowed to be lobbied on behalf of a foreign government! What the hell is that about?

Bibi Netanyahu's bluff should be called. Flat out!

We still don't know what obama's policy towards Israel is. We know what he said, we know that at other times he has not been supportive. His policy changes with each person he talks to. Israel doesn't believe him or trust him. Neither do I.
The last news report I heard about Obama/Netanyahu is Obama told him he prefers a diplomatic solution to Israel's conflict with Iran. That statement could be loaded with clear but hidden meaning.

But if Obama also said, which I didn't hear, that the U.S. will back Israel if Israel attacks Iran, while I don't think such an action would serve America's best interests I am mindful of the fact that Obama's promises are as flexible as a licorice stick and are worth just about as much.

And Israel says thanks but we have our own backs.

get a grip dooshbag. Israel and the US have a unique relationship.
A "unique relationship" could mean anything or nothing. Please be more specific about what you mean.

But Israel needs the US more than the US needs Israel.
Please do not infer this to be smart-ass sarcasm but I really would like to know specifically what it is the U.S. needs from Israel.

I should mention that I've asked that question many times and the only answer I've ever gotten is, "intelligence." Which, without hard specifics, is really a non-answer.

Thank you in advance.
(forgive me I'm tired, but I'll try...)

The "unique relationship" the USA has with Israel is well documented and commented upon. Israel itself admits to this. We have Israel's back.

The United States needs Israel in a few ways.

my opinion:
One way that puzzles many people is our need to stand by her because of how we view ourselves morally and ethically. Our personal relationship(s) with Israel (if personal relationships can exist between peoples of states) goes to the very heart of America's identity. The USA is where many Jews in exile fled for safety. It is also a place where Jews were allowed to excel over time and to gain access power and influence.

Many of America's success stories and heroes were Jewish. Jews were influential in many civil rights/civil liberties struggles, and Jews represent many archetypes in the American psyche. In a sense we are all Jews. To abandon or betray Israel would be like betraying a part of ourselves.

Another way the USA needs Israel is as an ally, and as a strategic partner, and as a trustworthy friend, in a geopolitical area where the pan Arabism of ruling elites like the Ba'athists and others like them, often dictate these states keep a hostile or distant official attitude towards the west. The mostly Arab states in the area cannot always deal with the US in a way that serves both the US's interests, as well as certain obvious state or commercial interests of themselves, without inviting revolution or civil strife. The reasons are many, but we know conflict arises because of internal social and political forces inherent in nations with the repressive structures like we see in the area: dictatorships, minority rule, religious and ethnic divisions... We need Israel as a counter balance, even as our support of her feeds the narrative that the west is not to be trusted or dealt with. (forgive me I'm tired, but I'll try...)

We need Israel because she does for us what we cannot do so exactly for ourselves...she knows the area and the players in ways we could never know. Oil is the blood of consumer capitalism. Without access to it the world as we know it comes to an end. If the Arab/Oil nations ever got their collective or individual act(s) together Israel's influence would wane.

When Anwar Sadat made a peace with Israel, Egyptian society was on the track to benefit greatly, but the dark forces of religion and ethnic strife struck out... sad thing is this scenario played out again in Israel when Yitzhak Rabin paid the ultimate price that Anwar Sadat also paid -- death at the hands of fellow countrymen intent on keeping the value of the currency of strife high.

... now back to the games... :lol:

Last edited:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in May of 2011, "President Obama spoke about his ironclad commitment to Israel's security. He rightly said that our security cooperation is unprecedented and he has backed those words with deeds."
Bibi Netanyahu's arrogance is predicated on his confidence in AIPAC's influence on the U.S. Congress, which exists in spite of the fact that no one ever presses the question as to why our legislature is allowed to be lobbied on behalf of a foreign government! What the hell is that about?

Bibi Netanyahu's bluff should be called. Flat out!

AIPAC is not the only pro Israel lobby. Their influence is undeniable, but great influence itself is not inherently evil.

People have been questioning the influence of AIPAC and other pro Israel lobbies since the push to back the creation of the state of Israel first began. This fact can be found in the press, books, and other media. What seems to bother you is that your view is not the prevailing one.

this is NOT against any law:

AIPAC: Non-PAC self-identified as 'America's pro-Israel lobby', working to strengthen relations between the United States and Israel.

In 2008 Obama said:

“Hamas is a terrorist organization, responsible for the deaths of many innocents, and dedicated to Israel’s destruction, as evidenced by their bombarding of Sderot in recent months. I support requiring Hamas to meet the international community’s conditions of recognizing Israel, renouncing violence, and abiding by past agreements before they are treated as a legitimate actor,”

then: Transcript: Obama's Speech at AIPAC : NPR

Our alliance is based on shared interests and shared values. Those who threaten Israel threaten us. Israel has always faced these threats on the front lines. And I will bring to the White House an unshakeable commitment to Israel's security.

June 4, 2008

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama delivered a speech on Wednesday, June 4, before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

Before I begin, I want to say that I know some provocative e-mails have been circulating throughout Jewish communities across the country. A few of you may have gotten them. They're filled with tall tales and dire warnings about a certain candidate for president. And all I want to say is — let me know if you see this guy named Barack Obama, because he sounds pretty frightening.

Obama says a lot of things, usually vague and usually without substance. Nor does he have anybody's back but his own. Did you see how he has refused to give any of his campaing money to the congressional dems to help them get re-elected? Threw 'em under the bus and then left 'em bleeding on the side of the road.

Dooshbagh says what?

not many people pay any attention to you. suicide is a viable option. you do know that don't you?

suibill.jpg

Well, isn't that nice. You are a worthless piece of shit, you do know that don't you?

Obama says a lot of things, usually vague and usually without substance. Nor does he have anybody's back but his own. Did you see how he has refused to give any of his campaing money to the congressional dems to help them get re-elected? Threw 'em under the bus and then left 'em bleeding on the side of the road.

Dooshbagh says what?

not many people pay any attention to you. suicide is a viable option. you do know that don't you?

suibill.jpg

Well, isn't that nice. You are a worthless piece of shit, you do know that don't you?

online, yes.

in real life, I have nothing but contempt for people who resort to suicide because of bullshit. I support assisted suicide as any compassionate soul would, but I draw the line at emotional cripples screaming out for attention.

life is what it is, deal with IT.

:cool:
dD

hearing Obama restating US position on Israel is great. Obama cares deeply about relationship with Israel.

The President is expected to announce a housing program and answer questions from reporters about a wide range of issues, including Israel, Syria, Iran, the economy and the presidential campaign.
...........and Russia, Syria, China, Lebanon,North Korea and likely Pakistan, have Iran's back.
Let Duh Show begin !

:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wbH5KVPrPo]Daylight: The Story of Obama and Israel - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

The "unique relationship" the USA has with Israel is well documented and commented upon. Israel itself admits to this. We have Israel's back.

The United States needs Israel in a few ways.

my opinion:
One way that puzzles many people is our need to stand by her because of how we view ourselves morally and ethically. Our personal relationship(s) with Israel (if personal relationships can exist between peoples of states) goes to the very heart of America's identity. The USA is where many Jews in exile fled for safety. It is also a place where Jews were allowed to excel over time and to gain access power and influence.

[...]
I respectfully suggest that your amorous disposition toward Jews and Israel is not common to non-Jews. And so there is no misunderstanding I am not suggesting that all gentiles are anti-Semitic but rather are not generally pro-Semitic (if you can accept such a stunning revelation).

[...]

Many of America's success stories and heroes were Jewish.
What does that have to do with Israel?

Jews were influential in many civil rights/civil liberties struggles, and Jews represent many archetypes in the American psyche. In a sense we are all Jews. To abandon or betray Israel would be like betraying a part of ourselves.

[...]
Israel is a foreign country. The fact that it is a Jewish theocracy means absolutely nothing to me or to the vast majority of gentile Americans. And it might come as a surprise to you but there are American Jews who are Americans first, Jews second, and harbor absolutely no affinity for Israel. In fact there is a sect of Hasidic Jews, the Naturei Karta, who publicly denounce the existence of Israel as being a source of antagonism against the World's Jews.

Forum List

Back