Obama says: "I will end 'don't ask-don't tell,'"

Anyone want to address why this is SOOOO important when there's other shit he should be focusing on?

It doesn't take much effort to decide on this issue. There isn't a hundred different choices. It either exists or it doesn't.

Obama wants to make sure he still has the homo vote come next election.

He would still have the "homo vote" as you so eloquently put it if he did nothing. What's the other choice? The Republican Candidate? I doubt the majority of them would vote for a candidate who plenty of members in their party considers them sub-human and not deserving of even the simple rights given by marriages.

Anyone want to address why this is SOOOO important when there's other shit he should be focusing on?

It doesn't take much effort to decide on this issue. There isn't a hundred different choices. It either exists or it doesn't.

What a load of bunk. It's not something that "needs change" since it's completely irrelevant to anything important.

Obama wants to make sure he still has the homo vote come next election.

that would explain why you voted for him, now wouldn't it?
Nope.

I was a Republican all of my life.

But 8 years of Bush had totally wore me down.

Plus what did they have to offer? Palin/McSame :eek:

Last edited:
What a load of bunk. It's not something that "needs change" since it's completely irrelevant to anything important.

Sorry Dis, but plenty in the Military would disagree. Even the person who crafted this policy, Colin Powell, thinks it should be reversed. If that's not enough evidence, not sure what else you want.

Sorry Dis, but plenty in the Military would disagree. Even the person who crafted this policy, Colin Powell, thinks it should be reversed. If that's not enough evidence, not sure what else you want.

Oh, well if Colin Powell wants it, surely that's enough for ME to change my mind.

Seriously?

He needs to cut the stupid shit, and actually do something worthwhile. His "changes" aren't coming about "as fast as he'd like" cause he ain't doing shit.

On second thought, let him sit around and do nothing but tick people off.. It'll ensure he doesn't see a second term. :)

GoooooooObama!

Last edited:
It's a sad, sad, day when we have to depend on openly flaming queers to defend our nation.

America has sunk to a new low. :evil:

If they can fight for this country bravely, then they deserve our respect. I don't see you picking up a gun and going over to fight there Sunni.

It's not that simple, young 'un. Homosexuals already are picking up weapons and fighting for this country. To those that serve now, the "fighting for the country" part is more important to them than where they stick their cranks.

The ones demanding to be openly gay are more concerned with their sexual behavior, as is evidenced by their demand to be identified by it. Sorry, but flaunting sexual behavior is, in fact, improper conduct for ANY military personnel.

Why people insist on forcing catering to an aberrant minority on the majority beats the Hell out of me. Just backwards-assed thinking.

but wasnt "don't ask, don't tell" and executive order?
and couldnt he just discontinue it without any legislation at all?

That was my initial thought as well. Some are assuming that it will be changed to openness, but based on his rhetoric, his discontinuing the executive order is possible.

Funny. When we let our emotions (like adoration) rule our thoughts, erroneous assumptions often happen.

Last edited:
With all the problems the US has these days it's hard for me to understand why Obama would make this a frontline issue. But then again, I don't understand anything he does.

It's a sad, sad, day when we have to depend on openly flaming queers to defend our nation.

America has sunk to a new low. :evil:

If they can fight for this country bravely, then they deserve our respect. I don't see you picking up a gun and going over to fight there Sunni.

It's not that simple, young 'un. Homosexuals already are picking up weapons and fighting for this country. To those that serve now, the "fighting for the country" part is more important to them than where they stick their cranks.

The ones demanding to be openly gay are more concerned with their sexual behavior, as is evidenced by their demand to be identified by it. Sorry, but flaunting sexual behavior is, in fact, improper conduct for ANY military personnel.

Why people insist on forcing catering to an aberrant minority on the majority beats the Hell out of me. Just backwards-assed thinking.

The flaw with "don't ask don't tell" is that they can lose their benefits after they have fought, which is why I don't like it. In the military they shouldn't be thinking about anything but serving, IMO.

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Big bill. So the executive order is included in that? If so, I agree with others that this move is a lot of effort for little political payoff.
I forgot to post the other pertinent law in my previous post. This will help clear the legal fog.

US CODE: Title 10,654. Policy concerning homosexuality in the armed forces

Big bill. So the executive order is included in that? If so, I agree with others that this move is a lot of effort for little political payoff.
I forgot to post the other pertinent law in my previous post. This will help clear the legal fog.

Thanks. And good information because it includes that the UCMJ prohibits homosexual behavior, which so many forget.

This is not as simple of a process as some seem to think it is - lots of work for small political payoff.

Thanks. And good information because it includes that the UCMJ prohibits homosexual behavior, which so many forget.

This is not as simple of a process as some seem to think it is - lots of work for small political payoff.[/QUOTE]

Correct Si. What we have here, is more political rhetoric manure from the resident political hack in chief.

Forum List

Back