Obama says he's 'deeply committed' to helping Israel

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
Sen. Barack Obama on Wednesday said Jerusalem will be the capital of Israel.

"I have said that before, and I will say it again," Obama said while answering questions in Sderot, a southern Israeli town that has come under rocket attack from Palestinian militants in Gaza.

"I also have said that it is important that we don't simply slice the city in half, but I've also said that that's a final status issue. That's an issue that has to be dealt with by the parties involved -- the Palestinians and the Israelis. It's not the United States' job to dictate the form in which that will take, but rather to support the efforts that are being made right now to resolve these very difficult issues."

Obama says he's 'deeply committed' to helping Israel - CNN.com

it's unfortunate that an American presidential candidate must placate isreal in order to win an American election.

I bet isreal really gives a fuck about American opinion when it comes to their elections.

Maybe it's time THEY elect a muslim Prime Minister....

Last edited:
Damn right he means it!

There are A LOT of old Jews in south Florida!

LOL, I am glad you think it is great He is just saying shit to get "old Jews In Florida" to vote for him. Personally I think it is BS, I think his support of Israel keeping it's capitol in an "undivided" Israel is appalling. Israel should return it's capitol to Tel Aviv. IMO

Last edited:
LOL, I am glad you think it is great He is just saying shot to get "old Jews In Florida" to vote for him. Personally I think it is BS, I think his support of Israel keeping it's capitol in an "undivided" Israel is appalling. Israel should return it's capitol to Tel Aviv. IMO

points for you. I totally agree. And it's pretty obvious what he's doing. Again, it's pretty sad that a foreign dedicated ethnic group holds the leash of our Presidency.

How long before isreal gthers enough balls to replace temple mount with the next temple of solomon, in your opinion?

LOL, I am glad you think it is great He is just saying shit to get "old Jews In Florida" to vote for him. Personally I think it is BS, I think his support of Israel keeping it's capitol in an "undivided" Israel is appalling. Israel should return it's capitol to Tel Aviv. IMO

? Wow, coming from an Israeli, that's something.

I think Jerusalem should be a special place...like the Vatican.

Jerusalem does mean "city of peace" after all.

? Wow, coming from an Israeli, that's something.

I think Jerusalem should be a special place...like the Vatican.

Jerusalem does mean "city of peace" after all.

I have said as much a few times now, I also think Israel should return to the 67 borders.

Obama's statement about Jerusalem constitutes a pretty major change in US policy as we have never said any thing like we want to see an undivided Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel.

Personally I think this is just another case of Obama playing to the crowd, I do not think he actually means it, and I think it is just more proof that he is nothing but another politician, willing to say what ever he thinks the current crowd wants to hear, despite what he himself might actually believe.

I tend to agree with your special place idea, however I am not so sure the Vatican qualifies, as it is the property of the Catholic Church, what I had in mind was more like an international Free zone. Not owned by anyone, but open to everyone, and controlled by some sort of International force who's mandate would be to make sure it remained Free and Open to all, and free of violence.

Last edited:
talk about a total misnomer.

Vatican city is it's own mini nation held by a single curch in the city limits of rome. It should be shared in the midst of a single state solution in which the nation of palisrael is not busy favoring either groups.

If it is, I think he's already ticked off the people that disagree with his stated position.

Why do you think Jerusalem shouldn't be Israel's capital? And why would you find that "appalling" as opposed to just disagreeing with it?

If it is, I think he's already ticked off the people that disagree with his stated position.

Why do you think Jerusalem shouldn't be Israel's capital? And why would you find that "appalling" as opposed to just disagreeing with it?

Because I realize to have peace we must compromise. Plain and simple. Israel did fine with it's capitol in Tel Aviv for years, a better question would be why do you think they should have their capitol in Jerusalem, and have it totally undivided?

I find it appalling because I think Obama does not even actually feel that way, and is just saying what he thinks people want to here. Not to mention he is suggesting a rather major change in our policy on the issue if you ask me.

Last edited:
He means it.

Isreal has nothing to fear from either candidate.

Yeah you know this because you know his mind? Or because you just blindly accept everything he says are truth? Personally I think if he went to Detroit(site of the largest Palestinian population out side the US) He would have a much different tune to sing on the matter.

Last edited:
yeah, tried to rep charles...main but got spread the love...

excellent point shogun, sure does suck when another country has this much influence on our elections.

Jerusalem should be an international city.

Yeah you know this because you know his mind? Or because you just blindly accept everything he says are truth? Personally I think if he went to Detroit(site of the largest Palestinian population out side the US) He would have a much different tune to sing on the matter.

I say this because I have been paying attention to this issue since 1967.

well THATS unique! thank god you were since no one else has been...

Forum List

Back